Vinton County Vikings @ Alexander Spartans

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Vinton County Vikings @ Alexander Spartans

Post by Alexander hitman »

Can VC pull off the upset or does the boys from Albany keep on rolling ?? Thoughts

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Vinton County Vikings @ Alexander Spartans

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Spartans win by a bunch.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

I think you are correct O & B but I have not seen VC play. They are big on the line I here. That is normal. And one good back. So I say Alex by 21

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Vc keeps it close cause they won't pass for alexander to inercept. and time will roll. alexander 34-14

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

This was a one point game last year, 14-13. VC is huge on the lines and have some very good linebackers. I think the seniors on this team will not take anyone lightly and will win this game by three touchdowns.

Go Alex!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I watched the replay of the VC Athens game. I liked some of the things the Vikings were doing on offense. I think they are going in the right direction but the Spartans defense will stop them driva after drive.
I wouldn't overlook them, but I can't see VC staying in it after the first half.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Orange and Brown wrote:I watched the replay of the VC Athens game. I liked some of the things the Vikings were doing on offense. I think they are going in the right direction but the Spartans defense will stop them driva after drive.
I wouldn't overlook them, but I can't see VC staying in it after the first half.
That was the worst game VC played too O&B. Some impact players were out too. They should be back this week. Hopefully this is the week to shock someone! Go Vikes!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

vctransplant wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I watched the replay of the VC Athens game. I liked some of the things the Vikings were doing on offense. I think they are going in the right direction but the Spartans defense will stop them driva after drive.
That was the worst game VC played too O&B. Some impact players were out too. They should be back this week. Hopefully this is the week to shock someone! Go Vikes!
I see sparks of good things to come.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

With this rain I don't think there will be any sparks. With the conditions, which team has the advantage?

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

With this rain I don't think there will be any sparks. With the conditions, which team has the advantage?

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Spartans have had a pretty good running game this season ... Chapman has had quite a few big yardage games .
VC has the ouisly kid I hear he is a runner. But I think the Sparty D will be too much for the Vikings.
Alex 21 VC 6

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The weather made it very difficult for either team to get things going offensively. The entire first quarter was spent on the Spartans side of the field. We fumbled on the very first play of the game and the ball stayed on our side of the field the rest of the quarter. The defense was huge all night stopping VC multiple times on fourth down and keeping them out of the end zone.

Key players were Brendon Williams and Chase Harris. Brendon had two interceptions for touchdowns. It came from his defensive linemen position. The first play was an amazing run after the catch. The second play was a very disciplined play. He read a screen play and ran the interception back.

Chase helped the defense out a ton with his punting ability. Chase's punts turned the field over and helped the Spartans get on the VC side. When the field position battle turned into our favor the game really turned. Although the score was 21-0, VC battled well. The game was only separated by a few big plays.

Nice win Spartans. Go Alex!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

spartans_fan wrote:The weather made it very difficult for either team to get things going offensively. The entire first quarter was spent on the Spartans side of the field. We fumbled on the very first play of the game and the ball stayed on our side of the field the rest of the quarter. The defense was huge all night stopping VC multiple times on fourth down and keeping them out of the end zone.

Key players were Brendon Williams and Chase Harris. Brendon had two interceptions for touchdowns. It came from his defensive linemen position. The first play was an amazing run after the catch. The second play was a very disciplined play. He read a screen play and ran the interception back.

Chase helped the defense out a ton with his punting ability. Chase's punts turned the field over and helped the Spartans get on the VC side. When the field position battle turned into our favor the game really turned. Although the score was 21-0, VC battled well. The game was only separated by a few big plays.

Nice win Spartans. Go Alex!
Great game! But VC didn't help themselves in the red zone. Two offside penalties on two separate drives deep into Alex's red zone assisted the Spartan defense an awful lot. Lookin at stats from last night and the Vikes offensively dominated. Time of possession - over 30 mins. Total yards - VC=230 (with 145 coming from #33 on the ground) Alex=125. VC first downs I think was14 to Alex 5. If the Sparty defense doesn't hold us out of the end zone with the help of the VC o-line assisting with the offside penalties, and score, we probably don't throw 2 int's for TD's. I know "IF" that is why I give all credit to Sparty. That is a senior laden team of winners who found a way to win. Hats off to them. Hope we drank some of their Gatorade and can figure out how to make it happen. Got to finish drives, especially after turn overs. We are close! Just got to finish! Was a fun one to watch. Congrats to Alex and good luck the rest of the way!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Shoutout to the Vikes JV on a nice win this morning! 30-0 over Alex.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Well I all most got that score. I figured the Vikings would
Have got one in the Endzone on us. Good luck the rest of your season VC !!

Return to “Football”