Porstmouth West @ Raceland Ky

osu 77
All State

Porstmouth West @ Raceland Ky

Post by osu 77 »

Thought about the game Raceland about got Valley last week.

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Porstmouth West @ Raceland Ky

Post by nutronron2012 »

This could be a long night for West. Raceland is a very physical team with some good athletes. West is just having a bad year and haven't been able to find their selves yet. Afraid Raceland will win this by 3+ scores

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Very shocked at how West is playing. To not even compete with Wellston leads me to believe that West may be looking at 2-8. Raceland is not the type of team to try to fix things against.

Raceland by 2-3 scores.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Only one year ago West replaced their entire coaching staff and what I have seen they have taken to much fight out of the Siders

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

This is the first year our new staff had their own team and not somebody else's. I still hope we can win against Raceland. We got some players back.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

That was the trouble there was to much fight [ ing ] with the senators

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

:122249 whatever you say lol.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West was a very undisciplined team for years and it cost us many possible wins. Talented /disciplined teams win.

This year has been a struggle for sure. But good times are ahead. West has alot of good young players getting valuable experience.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck west! I watched Raceland against valley and they are a pretty tough team.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Westfan you are so full of yourself that you really believe that? lol. I have never seen a team as undisciplined and weak as we are now. A guy that doesn't even have a job-you- wants to tell us how it is! We got kids on the SIDELINES that should be kicked off the team. We have a boat load of seniors and yea we have had injuries but so does everyone else. I seen more injuries several years ago than now. I hope as much as anyone that we beat Raceland but don't see it happening. Your opinion is just that and so is mine but I could not agree less with you. Looking forward to next year myself. That will tell us a lot. Several solid players didn't even come out this year. The arrogance of last year and self assuredness aint there now. And like it or not last years team was still the former staffs team. That is a fact. Our present coach now did some good things with that team. But now he has to build teams and so far it isn't working out so well.and we have 3 Head Coaches.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I have a job there stat man. I good one at that.

I like the direction of the program. I like that players now act like men during the games instead of thugs if things don't go well. I like that other fans now don't talk about the team and community like we're complete imbeciles. I like the thought of we could win a game when we aren't noticeably more talented than the opponent.

As far as the games, well it's just a down year. We've had down years before. This year's schedule just isn't watered down with Rock Hill, Chesapeake, South Point, and Northwest. Talent was not high on this team to start with. Many injuries later, West is playing 3 freshmen and 4 sophomores on defense against Wellston. More sophomores than that have played at times. No one is gonna beat good teams like that.

You make it sound like players didn't play because of the coach. Meadows didn't play because he chose soccer with his brother. No others that played varsity last year didn't play. Some just play basketball and the best of them, Jordan Frasure, said he is playing football next year. Some players probably don't like it as well now. These coaches demand discipline and dedication. Not what many are used to in their homes.

Your just one of many that are PO'd because this guy had the cojones to make changes and he upset yours and many others apple carts. And I love it. Its refreshing not to see a sideline in total disarray with a third as many on the "staff" (you guys love that word) as players.

These guys don't have to please you, me, or anyone else. Their record speaks for itself and it wasn't made in pee wee or a watered-down OVC. They know what they're doing and will prove it again going forward just like they did last year and many years at Liberty Union. And as far as last year's team. Do you honestly believe that garbage about someone else building that team? Why don't you go ask some of last year's seniors and you won't like what they say.

You can call me whatever. I don't care. I'm glad we have the coaches we do and I really believe West is close to turning the corner and becoming a football program instead of a community that likes football that occasionally has a good team.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I think we should change your name from Westfan to Windy.
Last edited by dreamweaver on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

There are some good post on here but some are a little long. I said early in the year when you are playing freshmen you are in trouble. During the off season in the summer the one thing that did surprise me was the lack of players in the weight room. It will be tough to beat Raceland but West needs a win bad.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

game day wrote:There are some good post on here but some are a little long. I said early in the year when you are playing freshmen you are in trouble. During the off season in the summer the one thing that did surprise me was the lack of players in the weight room. It will be tough to beat Raceland but West needs a win bad.
I picked up a friend's son from weightlifting a few times. The numbers he told me were really good. They may have had more sessions that made the numbers seem lower.

Last year had several good seniors backed up by a solid junior class. This year is a solid senior class with basically no juniors. Good teams are junior/senior dominate. Not to mention in a year when we were thin in "skilled" positions anyway, 2 of the 3 most "skilled" upperclassmen we had are now out for the year.
Your right about playing freshmen. It's not a good recipe for success except on rare occasions. But they're running out of options.

Remember the last time West played this many freshmen and sophomores? 1999 and 2000. Next couple years turned out ok.

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

on a positive note, the jayvee squad beat Wellston last night 41-6.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

outofbounds wrote:on a positive note, the jayvee squad beat Wellston last night 41-6.
Thats what this program needs. Positive.

The crowd standing up and cheering the team back to the sideline after being down big at halftime was great.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dreamweaver wrote:This is the first year our new staff had their own team and not somebody else's. I still hope we can win against Raceland. We got some players back.
Did they recruit the new team in? That is an ignorant at best statement. Every coach dictates what happens on the practice field, the locker rooms, the sidelines and the field on Friday nights. The only thing they take over are the stupid mistakes of previous coaches. Plus if that was the case they shoulda kept the old staff. That team last year was pretty good.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Westfan I doubt last years team would appreciate your comments that there were only a " couple" good players! Haha and this years team when you say they are down and will be better next year! Can't wait to see. that explains your Ciderjuice vision. And jolly trust me the last thing I am is ignorant. I don't need to respond to comments like yours because I would not know where to start with you. You have no idea what you think you know.
Last edited by dreamweaver on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dreamweaver wrote:Westfan I doubt last years team would appreciate your comments that there were only a " couple" good players! Haha and this years team when you say they are down and will be better next year! Can't wait to see. that explains your Ciderjuice vision. And jolly trust me the last thing I am is ignorant.
No one said you were ignorant. Your statement was.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

No it isn't if you are from West which you aren't so you have NO idea of the truth and it is asinine to explain the "other" side of the story. Of which there always is.

Return to “Football”