Week Two-Northwest @ Rockhill

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Week Two-Northwest @ Rockhill

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Do the Mohawks get to 2-0 at Rock Hill? I think so! GO MOHAWKS!!

osu 77
All State

Re: Week Two-Northwest @ Rockhill

Post by osu 77 »

It will be another long year for RH! I just don't understand what they are doing out there?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NW owes RH in this one because the Mohawks let one slip through their fingers last year with a late fumble. It is time for the Mohawks to take care of the ball and business in week 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

let's go hill.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

OSU 77 wrote:It will be another long year for RH! I just don't understand what they are doing out there?

It's pretty simple. The school board members rule the roost and want puppet coaches. After years of this, the football numbers are down and they stay mediocre.

It was a shame Triplett didn't get the coaching job there.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Northwest will win this one. The question is, will Rock Hill even score?

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Different year, same pathetic results.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll take the Mohawks in this one.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

I can remember a few years ago rock hill was a good team around here 8-9 wins

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

When was the last time NW started 2-0? Hopefully, they'll continue to win games and reenergize their program with success on the field. Nothing gets a community rallying behind their teams more than wins.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Badboy wrote:
OSU 77 wrote:It will be another long year for RH! I just don't understand what they are doing out there?

It's pretty simple. The school board members rule the roost and want puppet coaches. After years of this, the football numbers are down and they stay mediocre.

huh? Triplett has never applied for a job at the hill.
And the school board does not want puppet coaches! Learn a little about what you think you know
before making things up.

Good Luck to the Hill but got to go with Northwest.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

NW.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:When was the last time NW started 2-0? Hopefully, they'll continue to win games and reenergize their program with success on the field. Nothing gets a community rallying behind their teams more than wins.
It was before 2001. Might have been 2000 (They finish 5-5 that year)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I believe it was 1994. They went 6-4 that year.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

black76 wrote:
Badboy wrote:

huh? Triplett has never applied for a job at the hill.
And the school board does not want puppet coaches! Learn a little about what you think you know
before making things up.

Good Luck to the Hill but got to go with Northwest.
Triplett ABSOLUTELY applied/interviewed for the Rock Hill spot. He made it clear that he would bring in HIS coaches and play the BEST players. That is as far as it got. Triplett is a Rock Hill guy and was interested in the job.

I have known the family for years and am really close with his sister. We just had a talk about this a few weeks ago when I asked how Merrill was doing.

Dont be surprised if Mark Lutz isnt the coach in the next 1-2 years. He is already out there and in line for the job.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coach tripp is an ironton guy.as far as high school's that's where he went.and he has coached all over the country.
I don't think they'd want him there because he'd hold people accountable. he is an awesome guy. and would be a perfect fit. that's why it would not make sense to rock hill. they are that far out there. great people in the district but a huge breakdown otherwise. I remember when merril lived in patriot and drove everyday back and forth to oak hill to coach. can you imagine him and hammer mark lutz on the same staff.the reason then that merill didn't get the job is exactly what was said in my opinion. he would absolutely build his own staff. and being an ironton guy, the best players would play, no matter who their daddy is. look what he did at oak hill, symmes valley and west. he rebuilds programs, regardless of politics.he was doomed at ironton just for following bob lutz. he never got a fighting chance and was done horrible. my boys played then. and merill was a jewell. he was so hands on with the kids, and took them out to eat and very personal. they loved him.no comparison to coach lutz, he got the ironton job and was never given a chance. bob was an amazing coach. and merril would have been as well. even with seemingly the whole district against him and a patchwork staff, in that 1 season they went like 7-5, went to the playoffs and were in the seoal. so they played teams like logan, Zanesville, Jackson, Marietta, Portsmouth, gallipolis, Chillicothe, etc. need I say more. i'm absolutely convinced that the rock hill board does not care anymore about football. which is a shame with the facilities. and I know for a fact the kids are there to do it. they don't want a hard nosed successful coach there. hopefully the job is turned over to somebody like mark''hammer'' lutz or coach triplett, or both on the same staff. because I truly believe that if the have another year like the past decade or so. rock hill football will be an after thought.you remember when your kids were doing something really dumb and you had to confront them. and you told them----------if I didn't love you. I would not say anything. well that's exactly what i'm saying here. I spent 32 years in that district and coached youth sports there. and the district deserves better than what they have.sports are performance based. if you are not successful you get replaced. if you ain't good enough to start you should not play anyway. heck I coached out there and we went undefeated and beat an ironton team in youth sports in the super bowl. and got voted out by the baseball bunch. they can't stand prosperity. I got voted out because I went to ironton games on Friday night with my dad. who at the time was near death with colon cancer.trust me when you read this. there is not a bitter bone in my body about this. there used to be , but I laid it at the altar one day. I loved my 32 years in that district and love the people. but I know exactly how things work, and why they are not having success, they can't see the forest for the trees, and it's sad.i know upfront I may cheese some off in the district. but at least i'm not being rude, just saying what needs to be said on behalf of the fine people in that district. why do you think I transferred my kids to ironton in junior high.plus having to drive the kids everyday because they were in sports. I was on the border of the symmes valley district. it was 16 miles from my house to the rock hill complex, and 8 miles to ironton's parking lot. nuff said.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

seriously ya'll how much more of this can that district take before the football team crumbles and blows away.tom Osborne, jr.YTB.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Bad boy I don't know what drugs you are smokin! I made some calls just to make sure. Trip has never applied for that job. When was ever even open? :122245 Sorry to disappoint you bud. If he had he would be out there coachin them up son. I was glad to hear Lutz is there. Hope he helps the program along and he gets the Head job.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey I ain't trying to be john madden here. just telling you how it was.we built a great staff right out of parents there. had great success, and great volunteers. but being the head coach I told everybody. just like bob lutz told us . if you can play you will. neither one of my boys started when I coached football. if we were ahead we subbed. if we were way behind we subbed. if the game was close nobody got in but starters. I wasn't there to make friends, but to build a winner.i've not said anything derogative. I'm just telling you how it was. and apparently still is.if you are from rock hill's district and this offends you. you are probably part of the problem. there are ton's of people in that proud district that want to win football games, and people like mark lutz and merril triplett are the answers to your problems.what will you do, the boys are the ones suffering.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

black76 wrote:Bad boy I don't know what drugs you are smokin! I made some calls just to make sure. Trip has never applied for that job. When was ever even open? :122245 Sorry to disappoint you bud. If he had he would be out there coachin them up son. I was glad to hear Lutz is there. Hope he helps the program along and he gets the Head job.
if that is the case black,then so be it. I still stand by my comments. I'm actually glad to hear that. because frankly had they had the chance at coach triplett, and passed , then shame on them.if in fact northwest beats them Friday. where exactly is the program going. you may not get another shot at a win other than wendilin.and that will be fatal to this program.if coach triplett is not in the picture. then elevate mark lutz. heck mark does not even know I'm pushing for him. but he is an established winner already. in the immortal words of forrest gump----------that's all I have to say about that.

Return to “Football”