In Memory of Coach Phil Davis

dragonsfan24
JV Team

In Memory of Coach Phil Davis

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Coach Davis' lengthy battle with cancer has ended as he was lifted to Heaven this morning.
Thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, children, grandchildren, extended family, and all of Panther Nation.
Coach Davis was truly one of "Lawrence County's legends" and he will forever be remembered by those he coached and those who played against him as a class act.

"Go rest high on that mountain..."

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: In Memory of Coach Phil Davis

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

oh my what a great guy. I'm sorry to hear this.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

Coach Davis was a good man and will be missed. Coach was more though to many students and athletes. I have said this elsewhere, but it is worth repeating here; coach was a role model for kids like me growing up, who lacked good role models at home. You always knew where you stood with coach. His death does not come as a surprise, but the loss is still great. Please remember his family today.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

INDEED HE WAS BEAR HE WAS AN AN INSTITUTION INSIDE AN INSTITUTION- JUST AS BOB LUTZ WAS AT IRONTON. THEM FELLERS DON'T COME AROUND THAT OFTEN, ANOTHER IS COACH LUCAS FROM COAL GROVE.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

So sorry to hear this. Coach Davis was one of the good guys for sure. Thoughts and prayers

Oldtimer
Waterboy

Post by Oldtimer »

This one is hsrd to swallow. It's hard to say good bye to a man that gave so much to kids, a school and a community. He was a players first coach. It was always about kids no matter what sport they were involved in if any, coach was all about molding them in to better people. He was the best thing to ever happen to chesapeake football and he will always be in our hearts cracking jokes and throwing his beloved panther hat! Coach you were more than just a coach to so many young men and I am forever thankful for everything you have ever done!
Coach until we meet again in that big mansion upstairs!
AND FOR COACH DAVIS,

PANTHER PRIDE ON 3...... 1...2...3..!

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Prayers from Hornet Nation. He was always a class act from what I seen.

Return to “Football”