What improvements would you like for your league to make?

oneoak
Varsity

What improvements would you like for your league to make?

Post by oneoak »

Would you like for them to add teams? For leagues with two divisions such as the TVC, ECOL & the SOC should the teams in the divisions be changed? Should there be a Saturday night "game of the week"? Let's hear it.

cghs82
JV Team

Re: What improvements would you like for your league to make

Post by cghs82 »

I kinda like the idea of Saturday night game of the week. Maybe do it for conference games with the exception of Week 10. And I'm not sure how easy it would be for this to happen and I'm sure it'd take a bit of funding for this, but I would kinda like to see Western add football if that's possible for them since they already don't have soccer anymore and add an 8th team to SOC I Football. And maybe, just maybe, the Pike County schools could host a 2 Game Pike County Jamboree or Preview where Eastern plays Waverly one year and Piketon the next while Western would play Piketon one year and Waverly the next and the 4 schools could rotate the location of the event. All the profit made from the event would be divided evenly and go to all 4 teams football programs. Piketon-Waverly would still meet annually in Week 1 while Eastern-Western would meet in Week 10 conference rivalry showdown. The SOC I conference schedule is currently set up for a Eastern-Western showdown with Eastern currently their conference games in weeks 4-9. The only other change I'd like to see for the SOC I conference schedule is Symmes Valley-Green and Northwest-Oak Hill (SOC II teams rivalry) meeting in week 10 rather than Oak Hill-Green and Northwest-Symmes Valley.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:I kinda like the idea of Saturday night game of the week. Maybe do it for conference games with the exception of Week 10. And I'm not sure how easy it would be for this to happen and I'm sure it'd take a bit of funding for this, but I would kinda like to see Western add football if that's possible for them since they already don't have soccer anymore and add an 8th team to SOC I Football. And maybe, just maybe, the Pike County schools could host a 2 Game Pike County Jamboree or Preview where Eastern plays Waverly one year and Piketon the next while Western would play Piketon one year and Waverly the next and the 4 schools could rotate the location of the event. All the profit made from the event would be divided evenly and go to all 4 teams football programs. Piketon-Waverly would still meet annually in Week 1 while Eastern-Western would meet in Week 10 conference rivalry showdown. The SOC I conference schedule is currently set up for a Eastern-Western showdown with Eastern currently their conference games in weeks 4-9. The only other change I'd like to see for the SOC I conference schedule is Symmes Valley-Green and Northwest-Oak Hill (SOC II teams rivalry) meeting in week 10 rather than Oak Hill-Green and Northwest-Symmes Valley.
Now that I think about Eastern's football facility and what could be Western's football facility, they may not be large enough capacity to host it so Piketon and Waverly would alternate hosting it should Western add football and Pike County create this idea.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I would like to see the TVC add 20 teams and form the largest superconference in the state. They can have 18 two team divisions and only play Northeast Ohio teams in non league.....

The only way this will work is if we add Hannon and make Palicrap our commissioner.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With the success Alexander and Fed Hock have had with their Thursday night opener; I'd love to see a 'game of the week' every Thursday throughout the season in the TVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to see the ovc and soc combine.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:With the success Alexander and Fed Hock have had with their Thursday night opener; I'd love to see a 'game of the week' every Thursday throughout the season in the TVC.
Doing it week 1 and doing it week 7 or 8 when you are trying to keep your kids healthy and give them enough time to rest injuries between games is 2 completely different things.

Not all coaches are fans of playing on a Saturday let alone a Thursday.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I would like to see the TVC add 20 teams and form the largest superconference in the state. They can have 18 two team divisions and only play Northeast Ohio teams in non league.....

The only way this will work is if we add Hannon and make Palicrap our commissioner.
And I'm sure this 36 team TVC would still somehow leave out Jackson, Logan, and Warren. Maybe even Gallia Academy.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I would like to see the TVC add 20 teams and form the largest superconference in the state. They can have 18 two team divisions and only play Northeast Ohio teams in non league.....

And I'm sure this 36 team TVC would still somehow leave out Jackson, Logan, and Warren. Maybe even Gallia Academy.
No, I promise that this time they get in.
Each school needs to show up to the next meeting with a box of chocolates, a dozen roses and 5 thousand dollars cash
Logan and Warren will make up one division while Jackson and Gallia will make up another.

The only rules are that you can't be scared to play Hannon and that whatever Palicrap says, goes!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

This is a great idea. It would be better if one of the local town mayors would propose it though. Also, Athens has to play whoever Palicrap tells them to. Included in that is Athens playing Logan and Jackson when those two are good and Athens is bad so they can get them back for leaving the SEOAL. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

O & B ... there are already Thursday games taking place now across the state. SportsTime Ohio and Fox Sports Ohio are each doing special Thursday night broadcasts.

Yes, 1 day less to prepare - but then you have 1 extra day of rest the following week. Coaches also have the opportunity to go out and watch/scout any team they wish on Friday night after they play their Thursday game.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

93Bulldog wrote:O & B ... there are already Thursday games taking place now across the state. SportsTime Ohio and Fox Sports Ohio are each doing special Thursday night broadcasts.

Yes, 1 day less to prepare - but then you have 1 extra day of rest the following week. Coaches also have the opportunity to go out and watch/scout any team they wish on Friday night after they play their Thursday game.
The CW affiliate in Columbus also does "Thursday Night Lights".

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i like to see WOUB start broadcasting thursday night games of schools in seo only. sto/ fox ohio/ cw all are doing it for schools mostly in there areas.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

We want in that 36 team TVC and we want Athens as the other member in our division. We arent scared to admit we played them way back when. :122246

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Each league adopt a worthy cause like a fund to benefit a cure for cancer or something in the community!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I'd like to see reserve games played on Saturday mornings instead of Mondays. It would be the same kids, you wouldn't lose a day of coaching, and it would eliminate some bus rides on a school night.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

oneoak wrote:Would you like for them to add teams? For leagues with two divisions such as the TVC, ECOL & the SOC should the teams in the divisions be changed? Should there be a Saturday night "game of the week"? Let's hear it.
I would like to see Oak Hill move up to Soc 2.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fortdawg wrote:I'd like to see reserve games played on Saturday mornings instead of Mondays. It would be the same kids, you wouldn't lose a day of coaching, and it would eliminate some bus rides on a school night.
This!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Buford T Rutter wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:With the success Alexander and Fed Hock have had with their Thursday night opener; I'd love to see a 'game of the week' every Thursday throughout the season in the TVC.
Bad idea. Kids do actually go to school on Friday.
What is wrong with going to school after a Thursday night football game? You play tons of other sports all through the week.

I forgot about Thursday night lights in Columbus. Its a great idea and teams/schools are benefitting from it in other areas of the state. But like always, we are always last to adopt a new idea or change anything.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:
Buford T Rutter wrote:
Bad idea. Kids do actually go to school on Friday.
What is wrong with going to school after a Thursday night football game? You play tons of other sports all through the week.

I forgot about Thursday night lights in Columbus. Its a great idea and teams/schools are benefitting from it in other areas of the state. But like always, we are always last to adopt a new idea or change anything.
You can be vice commissioner of the new 36 team TVC and we can play all league games on Thursday nights. It actually works out well because with 18 two team divisions you only have to worry about 1 league game and then your other 9 games are against NE Ohio teams.
:mrgreen:

Return to “Football”