Jackson Ironmen 2013

doubleplay643
S

Jackson Ironmen 2013

Post by doubleplay643 »

Good news and some bad news to report if my information is correct.

Good News is plenty of kids in the weight room from Frosh to Juniors this year all through the winter morning workouts 4-days a week, I have heard upwards of 30 consistently and even more on occasion. It will be a heavy laden Junior and Sophomore bunch (previous undefeated Freshman team) and will be joined by the new Freshman (from the previous undefeated 8th grade team). Expect a few of those boys to see some playing time.

Bad news is one of the senior tight end/defensive end will be transferring to Florida and attending the prestigious IMG academy in an effort to secure a D1 scholarship. Leaves us with not many returning seniors, but I believe the Parks kid who was all SEOAL his sophomore year that was out his entire junior year with shoulder issues should be back in the line-up this fall hopefully.

Any other news on transfers coming in or out?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2013

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Probably the toughest schedule top to bottom the Ironmen have played in a long time. Sounds like they will be very young as well.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

IMG Sports Academy Prep School, what a racquet!!!!!! If a kid has the size, speed and skill set they will be found.

http://www.imgacademies.com/_assets/dyn ... 2_2013.pdf

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Probably the toughest schedule top to bottom the Ironmen have played in a long time. Sounds like they will be very young as well.

Tough schedule indeed, Greenfield (as I recall ranked 9th last year in Region 12 almost made play-offs) and have a kid being recruited by one of the Military Academies think Army); then West Jefferson a football kind of town that is always in play-off contention; and Wheelersburg and we all remember that game; and Athens which got a couple play-off wins last year; and don't forget Gallia Academy.

So to go 7-3 would be huge, and anything better amazing. And .500 if things don't go well is not out of the realm of discussion...even though no one wants to even consider that.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I believe this year's key to success is getting two or more, fast running backs that weigh 220lbs or better. Since this team loves to run so much, boys weighing 160-180lbs and running the ball play after play just isn't going to cut it. On defense, put some of the big boys on the line, being 140lbs and at noseguard is x-tremely tough. Hopefully this year they get to teaching tackling drills early.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Atleast you know week one will be a blowout!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

IMG academy, I wonder how many kids parents fork out the coin for their kid to go there, but never get to play D-1 football

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Funny stuff o&b you should quit your job and take the show on the road. :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

boilermaker wrote:Funny stuff o&b you should quit your job and take the show on the road. :roll:
I was being serious.....No joking at all.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:IMG academy, I wonder how many kids parents fork out the coin for their kid to go there, but never get to play D-1 football

Look at that price tag, that cost is higher than in state tuition for any State in America and higher than most out of State rates.

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Who's the player transferring to Florida?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Oaks Christian is a private school in California and during one of their games I watched they said it was 20,000 a year to go there.

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

Personally I dont see how the "IMG Academy" has anything to do with Jackson Ironmen 2013. Best of luck to the player who went there however, he is irrelivent to Jackson now. The Ironmen will work with what they have and move forward like they do yearly with seniors leaving. GO IRONMEN.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

well said green&yellow

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

HSFBFAN wrote:well said green&yellow
Ditto that football fan and G&Y.

Time to concentrate on the work-outs that will start after school ends (in addition to the ones still taking place before school now); and the 7 on 7's which as I understand start very soon, heard mid July in Dayton for one of them; followed by the 2 a days; and before you know it 14 weeks +/- kick-off.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

Should be a interesting line-up this year. Hear grades are affecting some of the players. It's going to be interesting who will be the QB and fullback/running backs this year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Offensive scheme gotta include a lot of touches to Rafferty whether it is at tailback or in the QB spot. Fast and hard-nosed player. IMO if we can assemble a line to give him some holes or get ball to him or Griffiths kid in space we can be very effective.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I'll agree on getting a O-line together that can block can be a big challenge this year, however the team needs running backs that can see a hole not opening up and shift to some other opening. Last year is on the books, but most of the ball carriers last year choose to run straight into a linemen's back and get nowhere. The team also needs a QB that can fake good and be fast on his feet.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

I look for a good year from the Ironmen. All of these classes have been successful. A lot of young guys who can play will need to step up and become Ironmen quickly.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Very small senior class, so the team we see this year will essentially be the team we see next year also.

This will be a relatively young team, but there are some key guys with experience at the varsity level. Hopefully those guys can make the transition to the varsity level a little easier for some of the younger, but talented players.

Brutal schedule, including one of the toughest non-league slates in recent memory. West Jeff, Athens, and Burg in Weeks 3-5 will certainly give us an idea of how good this team will be.

Return to “Football”