Minford 40 Rock Hill 6

Badboy
Varsity

Minford 40 Rock Hill 6

Post by Badboy »

Minford returns many starters from last year's playoff squad. Their line should be very hard to handle and they have a deep stable of running backs and solid QB.

Rock Hill is coming off a bad year last year. Not sure what they have returning but if my memory is correct they were a young team last year as well.

I see this as being a 3-4 score difference this year in favor of Minford.

Thoughts?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Re: Week 1: Minford vs Rock Hill

Post by kvnchambers »

I think minford wins this game pretty easy but i expect rock hill to be much improved if they don't get discouraged the first couple of weeks i think this could be a 4 or 5 win team.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

I will tell everyone my prediction of this game after Minford's jamboree vs. Fairland. Way too early right now.

19redmen94
Waterboy

Post by 19redmen94 »

Rock hill is going to surprise some people this year, they have worked really hard this offseason. Boys are very positive and excited to get the season started.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Tough start to a tough schedule! Look forward to the winning ways coming back to the HILL! I think this group of boys will be the turnaround that the program has looked for. I think they'll win the games they're suppose too and possibly a upset or two!! Don't count this group of men out... They are capable of shocking some of the"better" teams in this area!

19redmen94
Waterboy

Post by 19redmen94 »

Went and watch the redmen scrimmage against North west and was very impressed with the redmen..the o-line was big and making holes for there running backs, the d-line and linebackers was very aggressive and when north west put the ball in the air the redmen secondary put some shots on the wideouts that have not been seen in a long time at the hill...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

No disrespect to Northwest, but looking good against Northwest is not that hard to do. I would love to see Northwest do good. But as far as this game goes. I will say Minford wins easily by 3 or 4 scores. Minford will be very strong this years as well as the rest of the SOC 2
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Minford big.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

on a mission wrote:Tough start to a tough schedule! Look forward to the winning ways coming back to the HILL! I think this group of boys will be the turnaround that the program has looked for. I think they'll win the games they're suppose too and possibly a upset or two!! Don't count this group of men out... They are capable of shocking some of the"better" teams in this area!
Best of luck with the turnaround but Rock Hill has a brutal non-conference schedule. If you make it to conference play healthy you will definitely be battle tested to make a run at the OVC title.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

The hill wins through the air! Air Redmen! :oops:

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:I will tell everyone my prediction of this game after Minford's jamboree vs. Fairland. Way too early right now.
After tonight.........I`ll wait till the Fairland game also! :122248

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Minford

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

yea fraid so minford easy...

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Where and what time is the Minford scrimmage against Fairland?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

game day wrote:Where and what time is the Minford scrimmage against Fairland?
At Minford....Friday at 7pm

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'm just echoing what others have said: Minford wins this one, but Rock Hill should be a lot better. Young uns took their lumps last year and they'll only get better. I hope the program gets back to where it was. Good luck to the Redmen!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford played a great game against Fairland last night in the Jamboree game in Minford, as the Falcons defeated the Dragons and their hurry-up offense 42-7. During the second quarter you could see Fairland out of gas defensively, as the Minford line just opened up several holes. Can't wait to get the season started.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

mglight88 wrote:Minford played a great game against Fairland last night in the Jamboree game in Minford, as the Falcons defeated the Dragons and their hurry-up offense 42-7. During the second quarter you could see Fairland out of gas defensively, as the Minford line just opened up several holes. Can't wait to get the season started.

The Falcons looked very good against a Fairland team that looks like it can still win 5-6 games if they stay healthy. As far as the game @ RH, I believe it could get real ugly really quick in favor of Minford...JMHO.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I wish this would be a game and Rock Hill would see some success this year. Not going to happen in this game, maybe during the OVC. Good Luck Redmen but have to pick Minford by 3 touchdowns.

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

I think this game will be closer than most expect, I would love to see the redmen win. Not likely, but I do not see the blowout most are predicting.

Return to “Football”