South Gallia-River Valley Jamboree Game 8/24

Post by RVRaiderFan »

SG-RV on Saturday night from RV.
Should be a good time for all!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Re: South Gallia-River Valley Jamboree Game 8/24

Post by Rebelcat »

This has turned into a great annual event for these schools! Hopefully it will be as packed as last year.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Any updates???? Go SG

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

36 to 22 sghs 4:52 left in third

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Correction...34 to 22 sghs

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

SG 46
RV 22
5:34 in 4th

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This Raider team relies heavily on young guys and they need to use this game to gel together. It appears they need to tighten up that defense to more like the style they played in the first half.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Stats???

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

SG repaid the favor from last year. Makes them 4-1 all-time in the series.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Game started out with a quick SG score. RV started hitting some big pass plays and actually went up 22-8. SG made some defensive adjustments and then dominated rest of game. I was really surprised at how well SG controlled line of scrimmage. SG's White and Spurlock are beast in the back field.

Good luck to Raiders on your final season in the OVC. Look forward to you guys joining the TVC next year even though SG and RV will be in different divisions.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Doesn't everyone get a crossover game? If so, it would be nice to see that being the crossover game. I don't see that ever happening though.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:Doesn't everyone get a crossover game? If so, it would be nice to see that being the crossover game. I don't see that ever happening though.
It won't. The reason being is that the administration doesn't really want to create bad blood over this game. If RV won this game every year, that would be acceptable. However, if SG would dominate this series in the regular season like they have this jamboree then things would be ugly. That's why this game isn't played. This game should be a rivalry game every year. It only makes sense.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Brutus-If they are going to play a real game it will have to be the first game of the season and it will be several years before it would even be possible to work out. The schools open dates do not match up until maybe 2018 in the TVC if then.

As for the Scrimmage on Saturday night there were positives and negatives for both teams. I am sure both coaching staffs found enough stuff to work on for awhile or at least till the first game.

Good Luck to both Raiders and Rebels!!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Congrats to coach Peck and the Rebels. Glad to see the program is getting back on track. Good luck. The rest of the way.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

BlizzardMan wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:Doesn't everyone get a crossover game? If so, it would be nice to see that being the crossover game. I don't see that ever happening though.
It won't. The reason being is that the administration doesn't really want to create bad blood over this game. If RV won this game every year, that would be acceptable. However, if SG would dominate this series in the regular season like they have this jamboree then things would be ugly. That's why this game isn't played. This game should be a rivalry game every year. It only makes sense.
ive heard it's only one person who won't allow this game to be played. when she is out of the picture maybe it will happen??????

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

rebels defense pitched a shutout second half good job bruce rutt and kane hutchinson :idea:

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

made my yearly jamboree game from just watching I thought rv was by far the most athletic team and by far the youngest. they pretty much dominated the 1st half and except for one big play sg never really moved the ball? never heard much from the white kid that was so hyped. the qb is a nice player and the spurlock kid is a really nice looking player. 22-8 with 1 min to go in the 1st half rv lead the coach got a little greedy and let hardway throw an interception which changed the momentum. the thing that changed the game and let sg defense look better was when hardway went down along with bradley and arrowood. the freshmen qb from rv fumbled in the end zone wasn't really a passer and it allowed the sg defense to blitz on every play where hardway was burning them when they blitzed in the 1st half. good game to watch
sg might win 5 or 6 games this year
if hardway is hurt rv won't win a game if he can play they will win 2 or 3 I think as young as they are they will improve all year.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

4thnpine wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
ive heard it's only one person who won't allow this game to be played. when she is out of the picture maybe it will happen??????
That's person to which you are referring has been a blessing to both of these schools sports programs. She is the reason the new facilities were built and she has also been key in getting the ball rolling on the new baseball and softball complexes at SG and RV. I know there has been a delay for an undisclosed reason on the RV baseball and softball complexes and the SG softball complex but construction of SG's new baseball field is well underway. She was also the person that approved of the jamboree contest that has generated over $70,000 during its give years. That money purchased new weight room equipment for both RV and SG and new track equipment at SG.

I am little taken a back at by your comment about "when she is out of the picture" considering he personal battle. I pray just the opposite and want to say thank you Dr. Evans for making facilities that were nothing more than a dream a reality!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

4thnpine wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
That's person to which you are referring has been a blessing to both of these schools sports programs. She is the reason the new facilities were built and she has also been key in getting the ball rolling on the new baseball and softball complexes at SG and RV. I know there has been a delay for an undisclosed reason on the RV baseball and softball complexes and the SG softball complex but construction of SG's new baseball field is well underway. She was also the person that approved of the jamboree contest that has generated over $70,000 during its give years. That money purchased new weight room equipment for both RV and SG and new track equipment at SG.

I am little taken a back at by your comment about "when she is out of the picture" considering her personal battle. I pray just the opposite and want to say thank you Dr. Evans for making facilities that were nothing more than a dream a reality!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

[quote="Bevo"]made my yearly jamboree game from just watching I thought rv was by far the most athletic team and by far the youngest. they pretty much dominated the 1st half and except for one big play sg never really moved the ball? never heard much from the white kid that was so hyped. the qb is a nice player and the spurlock kid is a really nice looking player. 22-8 with 1 min to go in the 1st half rv lead the coach got a little greedy and let hardway throw an interception which changed the momentum. the thing that changed the game and let sg defense look better was when hardway went down along with bradley and arrowood. the freshmen qb from rv fumbled in the end zone wasn't really a passer and it allowed the sg defense to blitz on every play where hardway was burning them when they blitzed in the 1st half. good game to watch
sg might win 5 or 6 games this year
if hardway is hurt rv won't win a game if he can play they will win 2 or 3 I think as young as they are they will improve all year.[/quote

SG protected White in that scrimmage. I think he only played one series in 2nd half. White and Spurlock comprise a 2 heads monster for SG in the back field. I could see SG winning 5-8 games if healthy. Outside of Trimble and Wahama I think SG could win any of those games but on the flip side they could also lose to several opponents.

Return to “Football”