Site Admin

Wheelersburg 42 Portsmouth 14

Post by mattash »

SHould be a fun game to watch.

playa_44
JV Team

Re: WK3 (2-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-1) Portsmouth

Post by playa_44 »

If Portsmouth limits mistakes and utilize their speed early on, they could win this game. Gotta go with Trojans at home.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

playa_44 wrote:If Portsmouth limits mistakes and utilize their speed early on, they could win this game. Gotta go with Trojans at home.
LOL! It won't even be close! Burg complete control of whole game! Burg 38 Portsmouth 14

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Good luck Trojans. Improve defensively and got yourselves a ballgame.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Speed against speed hard to read this game but don't see no blow out Portsmouth may surprise in this game.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I hope the Burg will win but I won't bet the farm on it. This year the defense is not that strong and not as quick as in the past. I think it would help if they could find a couple bigger linemen and move the quickest and bigger linemen to linebacker. Just my personal opinion.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Find some? If they don't have them by now, only option is to buy a couple. :-D

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Burg will not be the fastest team on the field that night I still see them winning but it won't be a blowout I say burg 35-28

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I think this will be another good game! Portsmouth seem to have improved this year, which I'm happy for them but, Da Burg wins this one by atleast two tds!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

callie11 wrote:I hope the Burg will win but I won't bet the farm on it. This year the defense is not that strong and not as quick as in the past. I think it would help if they could find a couple bigger linemen and move the quickest and bigger linemen to linebacker. Just my personal opinion.
The Coal Grove backs don't have the speed that Portsmouth has and when they got to the second level they got BIG yards. If Portsmouth plays solid pass defense they will be in this game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Exactly, Eddie run run run! LOL. Noles, what does pass protection
have to do with the rushing attack of CG? How many times did they throw the ball, 2?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

demaniac1 wrote:Exactly, Eddie run run run! LOL. Noles, what does pass protection
have to do with the rushing attack of CG? How many times did they throw the ball, 2?
That was two different statements. The first was responding to the quote about wheelersburgs linbackers. The second was what I feel portsmouth needs to do to win.Plus I didnt mention Pass protection.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The burg never did adjust to the speed of readys skilled guys. I was very impressed with coal grove, big line and hard running backs. Is ports oline as big and physical and do their backs run as tough or are they just about speed?

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

If I wasn't going to Cole Grove to support my sons I would be at THIS game!! This one will be a FUN game to watch with LOTS of GREAT skilled players and SPEED!! I see the biggest differences between the two as BOTH teams have SPEED but Portsmouth has Very good size as well! Burg however not only KNOWS their system they also carry it out well on the field.... Did I say that this will be a FUN game to watch!! Could come down to just one or two mistakes causing one team a heart breaking loss. If forced to pick... I will go with the Burg experience in a HARD fought close game (that REALLY could go either way) 28-26.. Stay safe and injury free fellas!!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Its fun to be reading some calling for a great game, its been a while since some have felt we can play with The Burg, Im hoping all the hype has a little behind it, I like Burg big, but I love the idea of the Trojans smacking my prediction around a bit

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

I look for a good game the first 3 quarters then I look for the conditioning to play a big factor. Burgs high pace offense will wear PHS down and Burg will pull away by 2-3 scores in the forth. Just like Valley did.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Portsmouth is well conditioned this year so throw that theory out. They have several speedsters that don't match anyone around here. Home game for Trojans, going to be a good game, unable to decide who gets the win.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth is very talented. They have 4-5 really good skill guys. We were able to run on them after a couple series, but power football isn't what wheelersburg does. This will be a dandy of a game.

westsenator17
Waterboy

Post by westsenator17 »

Balanced attack with in your face football beat Portsmouth. Just don't give up long ball.

westsenator17
Waterboy

Post by westsenator17 »

Forgot to mention when they cant get it through air or on ground they will go to outside with their speed.

Return to “Football”