Week 4: Oak Hill (3-0) @ Wellston (1-2)

A-Town Big Dog
S

Week 4: Oak Hill (3-0) @ Wellston (1-2)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Oaks will make the fairly short drive to Wellston to take on the Rockets.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Week 4: Oak Hill (3-0) @ Wellston (1-2)

Post by Dundas »

..and they will make the fairly short drive back to Oak Hill 4-0.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I pick the Oaks......

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Yes they are 3-0 and im sure they are a pretty solid squad. But look at the 3 teams they have beat and their record. Ill take Wellston in a tough battle.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Blue Duck wrote:Yes they are 3-0 and im sure they are a pretty solid squad. But look at the 3 teams they have beat and their record. Ill take Wellston in a tough battle.
Ill give you that. They havent played very tough opponents. But I feel like Wellston is pretty close to Alexander in their development of the substantial amount of youth. Thats my logic anyways. Anything can happen and I'd like to see the TVC Ohio get another win but I just don't see it.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dundas wrote:
Blue Duck wrote:Yes they are 3-0 and im sure they are a pretty solid squad. But look at the 3 teams they have beat and their record. Ill take Wellston in a tough battle.
Ill give you that. They havent played very tough opponents. But I feel like Wellston is pretty close to Alexander in their development of the substantial amount of youth. Thats my logic anyways. Anything can happen and I'd like to see the TVC Ohio get another win but I just don't see it.
I agree. Think the Rockets are rebuildiing and will struggle a lot this season. Rooting for them anyway. Hope Duck is right. Hey in county rivalry. Who knows.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

vctransplant wrote:
Dundas wrote:
I agree. Think the Rockets are rebuildiing and will struggle a lot this season. Rooting for them anyway. Hope Duck is right. Hey in county rivalry. Who knows.
:lol: :lol: :lol: V.C. Fans, you guys crack me up. :lol: you guys are not rooting for wellston and you know it. We are your guy's big rival and you guys pick and root against wellston every week and you know it. Hey,.. Thats ok. Im glad v.c. Has improved a little and maybe when we meet in week 10 it will be a game to watch this year rather than a blowout.

cowboysTe74
Waterboy

Post by cowboysTe74 »

If the refs are the same and not under investigation then Welston will win by how ever many the refs want them too GL oaks

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

cowboysTe74 wrote:If the refs are the same and not under investigation then Welston will win by how ever many the refs want them too GL oaks
Lol!! The refs from Friday were from columbus. They were equally bad for both teams!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Oak hill 22-0

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

You don't have to believe I am rooting for the Rockets if you don't want to Duck. But I'm a pretty strait forward guy and what I say is what I mean. I root for all the tvc teams till we play them. I am not from th VC area I moved her a in the 90's so I don't have the hate for Wellston like some from VC do. The only thing I hate about Wellston is all the stupid traffic lights! :122245 Maybe it is you that doesn't root for us and want us to well Duck :122249 Maybe you are worried about week 10 all ready. Long time till then and I truly hope the Rockets continue to improve. Once again good luck Rockets.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I'm not going to turn this into a VC Wellston thread.. I like to see the TVC teams do well in non league but you're right, I never "root" for the team down south. We'll talk more in week 10. Until then, good luck in getting us secondary points this year.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Coach Dugan and the Oaks by 20

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dundas wrote:I'm not going to turn this into a VC Wellston thread.. I like to see the TVC teams do well in non league but you're right, I never "root" for the team down south. We'll talk more in week 10. Until then, good luck in getting us secondary points this year.
I don't think anyone down that way roots for the third best team in Jackson County. :lol:

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

This is going to be a very good and close game. The young Wellston team has improved every week. The pass defense and outside containment are vastly improved. If the Rockets can limit their mistakes, I believe it will go down to the last minute just as the last two games have. I have no doubt that the Oaks will be ready to play, but I think the Rockets will pull it out.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I'm rooting for the Rockets! South Point needs the computer points!

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

I think wellston pulls this one out the Oaks have played well against very bad teams. The oaks have no punter and they always go for two point conversion, that could be huge in aright game. IMO Rockets 28-Oaks 14

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Oaks by many! Coach Dugan and staff will have the team ready for Wellston. Except for our head coaching mistake in Coach Homa, Oak Hill has won 4 out of the last 5 years. At least I think I'm right when I say that...

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Also Dundas, Any word on the VC kid that got hurt during the OH VC 8th gr game? I know the ambulance was called just hadn't heard anything else about what happen or how he was. Hopefully he's ok.

OHOak
Waterboy

Post by OHOak »

I dont have any stats on punting but it seems to me that the Oaks punter has done just fine.

Return to “Football”