WEEK 5 -IRONTON VS. PORTSMOUTH-HOME

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 5 -IRONTON VS. PORTSMOUTH-HOME

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT SAY YA'LL ABOUT THIS ONE------IRONTON AT HOME, BOTH TEAMS ARE STRUGGLING.
I DIDN'T SEE THIS TOPIC SO I STARTED ONE. IF THERE WAS ALREADY ONE I'M SORRY.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 5 -IRONTON VS. PORTSMOUTH-HOME

Post by tigerpower89 »

I like Ironton by a touchdown or 2 but they must take care of the football and the penalties.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

should be another good 1 , a must win game in order to make playoffs , tough 3 game stretch following this 1 ( JC,ST.CHARLES, HARTLEY). hopefully we can mix pass/run up some and not have other team knowing whats coming at them. TIGERS in a close 1 GO TIGERS.

fblvr
Waterboy

Post by fblvr »

Will be rooting for the Tigers but have a gut feeling that the Trojans take this one by a couple tds. :evil:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Portsmouths speed will be a problem for the Tigers. They are just as quick if not quicker than the Pirates and can score quickly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm kinda out of the loop with teams other than ironton this year, I've seen all them but the Ashland game last night.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

If Portsmouth uses their speed they will be able to have a game. Whether they do or not is the big question. Since Robinson injury it seems the wheels have fallen off. If Portsmouth wants to compete, they need to get the ball to Charles and run run run.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

urban buck wrote:If Portsmouth uses their speed they will be able to have a game. Whether they do or not is the big question. Since Robinson injury it seems the wheels have fallen off. If Portsmouth wants to compete, they need to get the ball to Charles and run run run.

I agree. Charles is a heck of a football player. I dont remember him being as shifty or fast but he really impressed me tonight vs Minford.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton needs to stay Focused and play under control.
Need to hold on to the ball turnovers are killing this team.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Need to stop running the ball, east to west and run north to south. To me looks like some are playing scared.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

need to pass out of the T defenses are putting 9 in box not gonna be able run with 9 in box!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

This is a young team not scared just young you have soph and freshmen running a sr. in easterling this is a young team period.
Ironton does better out of the pistol with a hurry up offence in my opinion but they need to play under control and that is the key.
At the Ashland they let the refs get them frustrated on several calls and it showed.
I still like the make up of this team and their chances of being a very good team at the end of the year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we have so many players out, on a team extremely challenged depth wise, I see this as a big concern. but you all know about ''next man up'', we are a very young team. but I think the fighting tigers win this, if they eliminate turnovers.

fe2000lbs
Waterboy

Post by fe2000lbs »

I have a question. Would you say that Ironton has a young team?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they lost 21 seniors from last year on a squad that had like 37 players I think.
we did not properly elevate underclassmen. I think we have 2 seniors starting, don't hold me to that,about the seniors this year, but that's what I've been told. I have a program here, i'll check it later today.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

As the play at the line of scrimmage improves, then the Trojans will improve that much more, and will have a shot to get to .500 ball. I was very impressed with their skill players (especially Charles) on Saturday. If the Men of Troy can win the battle @ said LOS, then they have a great shot to win this game IMHO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where are all the Trojan posters.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:where are all the Trojan posters.
Prince Trojan gave em all the boot............he said biggdogg and Ozzie were pure troublemakers and told them to move on....I think doggie moved to Lucasville and Ozzie moved to Minford.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is one the Tigers need to win convincingly. Ironton is going to lose at least 3 more games this year and Raceland could easily beat them by multiple scores as well. Eliminate the turnovers, play this one at home like the rivalry game it is.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

WAIT IS IRONTON YOUNG?LOL. Kidding aside, the "small" card isnt being thrown around by other teams (that are small), the "young" card has been played to death by you guys STILL! :( As has been stated before, Ashlands back was a soph, Ashland linebacker that stopped the run game was a soph. several area teams play soph linebackers and ends and even quarterbacks, even all the above. So guys, lets move on. We get your point but running it into the ground ?
That said, I think Ironton wins this one. It is home and unless Trojans come up with a new game plan without their big guy Robinson, they wont be able to make any noise. Luck to both.

Return to “Football”