Week 5: Coal Grove at Waverly

bucksfan23
Waterboy

Week 5: Coal Grove at Waverly

Post by bucksfan23 »

Waverly is coming off an offensive outburst against Alexander, defense needs to improve and stop Coal Grove's running game. Any thoughts???

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 5: Coal Grove at Waverly

Post by Trojan_Pride »

grove gets 1st win if they don't let the 0-4 start get into there head!!! 36-22

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Waverly 24
Coal Grove 13

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Dray is back this week not sure about Rinehart. Should be a close game.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Always tough to get a road win, Hornets need to stay focused and work their tails off this week!

Let's go Hornets!

CG 37-15 as the defense turns in their best performance of the season.

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

Waverly makes it 2 in a row. 28-21.

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

High scoring game, and CG gets their first win

CG- 46

Wavery- 34

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

cghornet10 wrote:High scoring game, and CG gets their first win

CG- 46

Wavery- 34
I agree. I think it will be a high scoring game and Coal Grove gets first win

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if i weren't makin my pilgramige to tanks memorial stadium to watch the ironton fighting tigers. i'd make the short trip over from lake white to see this game. got many friends on both sides of this fence, lifelong friends from coal grove, and now that i live in waverly I've met some amazing people from there. so good luck to both squads.coal grove is really struggling this year and the waverly tigers seem to be getting in stride and used to their new coaching staff. my guess is waverly wins this one, as the grovers continue to take a few lumps this year rebuilding. but them grovers are very physical, and hungry for some w's. this should be a dandy game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if i weren't makin my pilgramige to tanks memorial stadium to watch the ironton fighting tigers. i'd make the short trip over from lake white to see this game. got many friends on both sides of this fence, lifelong friends from coal grove, and now that i live in waverly I've met some amazing people from there. so good luck to both squads.coal grove is really struggling this year and the waverly tigers seem to be getting in stride and used to their new coaching staff. my guess is waverly wins this one, as the grovers continue to take a few lumps this year rebuilding. but them grovers are very physical, and hungry for some w's. this should be a dandy game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i don't know why i'm double posting , and it's been a while for me here. trying to figure out how to delete a double post.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

maybe the longer posts just take a while to go through, sorry.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Waverly

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I watched the Cola Grove game last week in IHIGH.COM and the stadium looked very nice. I do not understand how they are winless. As for this game I think Waverly takes it, 42-28.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I watched the Cola Grove game last week in IHIGH.COM and the stadium looked very nice. I do not understand how they are winless. As for this game I think Waverly takes it, 42-28.
Simple answer. Defense and special teams. We seem to have a problem with tackling. And there is a serious lack of leadership.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I think this is an interesting match-up! I think the Hornets have more talent and experience across the board, and they've also played a tougher overall schedule at this point. However, the Hornets have struggled and it makes me wonder how much motivation will exist if things get tight. Hopefully they will stay motivated and play as hard as they would if they were 0-0. As for the young Tigers, they've tasted victory a couple of times and will be motivated to get to 3-2 with a potential home win going into their brutal league schedule. As an SOC guy, I've gotta pull for Waverly in this one. I'm expecting a good football game in this contest!

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

docw wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:I watched the Cola Grove game last week in IHIGH.COM and the stadium looked very nice. I do not understand how they are winless. As for this game I think Waverly takes it, 42-28.
Simple answer. Defense and special teams. We seem to have a problem with tackling. And there is a serious lack of leadership.
docw wrote:
Would someone please define what they mean by a lack of leadership? This seems to be a catch phrase lately. What makes a good leader?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

To me, a leader first holds themselves accountable for their performance and then holds those around them accountable as well. I have not seen anyone step up and do that. But this year, players who miss practice are threatened with reduced playing time but when Friday rolls around, their starting. Hard for leaders to emerge from that kind of atmosphere.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

docw wrote:To me, a leader first holds themselves accountable for their performance and then holds those around them accountable as well. I have not seen anyone step up and do that. But this year, players who miss practice are threatened with reduced playing time but when Friday rolls around, their starting. Hard for leaders to emerge from that kind of atmosphere.
That's a good post. but that is a coach's fault to start players that don't goto practice. CG needs someone to keep turning their kids up a notch when things get down, QB is normally the person on offense and a hard nosed defensive person. They got one in one of the Braye kids on defense, but don't see the enthusiasm on offense to get the other players motivated.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Coal Grove's 0-4 record is deceiving. Their opponents have a combined record of 14-3. And the hornets offense is averaging 30 points a game. Waverly will really have to step it up if they plan on be 3-2 at the end of the day. Getting some key players back from injuries will help. Good luck to the Tigers!

Return to “Football”