Portsmouth West at Chesapeake

Westfan
SEOP

Portsmouth West at Chesapeake

Post by Westfan »

No thread on this game yet. What does Chesapeake have? Looks like they played valley closer than expected. Would be nice to get another win before conference play begins.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Portsmouth West at Chesapeake

Post by 4thgoal »

Chesapeake played Oak Hill, Symmes Valley and Valley all fairly close. I think this will be a very tight game, but I think West will get their 2nd win this week. Just looking at the scores, it looks like Chesapeake plays some pretty good defense, but can't score many points.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Should be a pretty good ballgame prolly like last years, very close. Good luck West.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Not making any excuses but Valley played very flat on friday. Hopefully it was a good awakening for them. As far as Chesapeake, They arent as bad as their record. They are good tacklers on defense and they have a very good running back. I believe he is the Meadows kid. He is strong and fast and always seems to fall forward. He is a physical, north south runner. If Peake plays like they did on Friday night, this could be a very good game. But i'll still pick West in this one.

West 28
Chesapeake 21

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

West by 2 scores maybe 3, just looking at match up

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

West makes it 2 in a row and wins 12-0.

West is just suffering from down period, much like valley from 06-08. The talent was there those years, but all the teams they played were either just a little bit better than them (the talent in the area was high, similar to now) or they would fall apart in a crucial situation. People were down on Valley and even Crabtree. 5 years later the Indians are on a huge streak and have won two gold footballs. Now Crabtree is regarded by some as the best coach in the area (which he may be)

All I'm saying is there is no need to panic. We may very well go 4-6 again this year, and we may not have the best coaching staff or facilities in the area. However, we do have a good coaching staff and good support. We will get back to the top of the league, and Triplett can be the coach when we do it.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Agree except I think West does have a great combo of guys on their coaching staff, one of the better in my humble opinion. West by 14.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Here is a link to the Chesapeake/Valley game

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/var ... highlights

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Thanks Westfan!Good Luck West. Work twice as hard as you think you can the rest of your season.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Been pretty quiet here the last 2 weeks....? Everything ok on the West Side?

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

couple questions and just an opinion, but who Is on 99.3 and who is the Q/B for West? And if West can get to 4-6 then in my opinion they should consider that a success and sider said it best, hope everyone comes out injury free.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

jagered wrote:couple questions and just an opinion, but who Is on 99.3 and who is the Q/B for West? And if West can get to 4-6 then in my opinion they should consider that a success and sider said it best, hope everyone comes out injury free.
Roger Gray is the one on 99.3. The qb was jr Steven Irwin the first 3 games but soph John Berry started last week and assume he will start this week but don't know. Most people will prolly not consider 4-6 a success. Good luck this week West.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Gonna go with west in this one and 4-6 is not a successful season, unless you like being mediocre

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

I really don't think anyone at West considers that a successful season so no worries there. Good Luck Senators!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think Chesy will give West a good game but Senators will prevail in the end. NEVER count out a West team! Hope they aren't looking forward to a statement game against Minford next week tho!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

What I saw of valley/Chesapeake, Chesapeake looked pretty good to me. West looked better against Rock Hill but you really can't take anything from that game because they are so bad. I definitely haven't seen anything to predicta a definite West win, much less a two or three touchdown win.

And no there is no way that 4-6 is successful. Even though the schedule is probably harder this year than most, that is mediocre. There is too much talent in this system to accept mediocre.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I don't agree. West does not have that much talent but they do have some good kids.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

game day wrote:I don't agree. West does not have that much talent but they do have some good kids.
I'm not sure what you are basing your thoughts of talent from, but I'm sure that the junior and senior class hasn't won and been successful in the past years off of luck. Go West keep working hard and don't listen to those doubters.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

WestSportsFan wrote:
game day wrote:I don't agree. West does not have that much talent but they do have some good kids.
I'm not sure what you are basing your thoughts of talent from, but I'm sure that the junior and senior class hasn't won and been successful in the past years off of luck. Go West keep working hard and don't listen to those doubters.
Agreed. Is there overwhelming talent? No. Is there talent enough to expect more than 4 wins with 2 of those being glorified JV teams (Rock Hill and Northwest). Yes

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Why don't you play the small card the way Ironton plays the young card.hahaha. West line might be smaller in years past but they will hit you. Good Luck West

Return to “Football”