What's next for the SEOAL?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Raider6309 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:^^^ That Buckeye slam is bogus. When 6-8 freshmen grow up, the Bucks will be back to the dominance.

Yeah, maybe. Athens's 8th and 9th grade classes are.., lets say not talented. Besides, your freshmen now, should be sophomores. So get off your high horse. And, do you think Nelsonville-York votes to accept Jackson into the TVC?
and Athens 3rd to 6th is loaded with an ou coaches kid playing QB. And Wiseman will be QB after burrow. I think Athens is good for the future. And Athens could be d4 next year. We will put Jackson in, beat u by 50 in both sports with some dunks

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens peewee football teams are loaded with talent?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Viking96 wrote:Athens peewee football teams are loaded with talent?
Lol I was thinking the same thing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Fort Frye would be better off a Southeast district team. In basketball girls and guys the Cadets would love to get into SE Sectionals. I think TVC should bring in Fort Frye , Warren, Jackson , Gailla Acad and go 3 divisions that way teams can break in with schools about the same size. Big- Athens, Warren, GA, VC, Jackson, Meigs. Middle- River Valley, Nelsonville, Wellston, Fort Frye, Alexander, Belpre, Federal Hocking. Small- Waterford, Miller, Southern, Eastern, South Gaillia , Trimble. It then becomes one of the best leagues in the area in all sports.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yeah, idk why Jackson is calling out Athens. Athens kids are juniors and sophomores. Athens has a good QB in 9th and 6th grade. But Jackson did beat Athens 28 to 7 in 7th. I guess they have that and girls basketball to look forward too

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote:I think Fort Frye would be better off a Southeast district team. In basketball girls and guys the Cadets would love to get into SE Sectionals. I think TVC should bring in Fort Frye , Warren, Jackson , Gailla Acad and go 3 divisions that way teams can break in with schools about the same size. Big- Athens, Warren, GA, VC, Jackson, Meigs. Middle- River Valley, Nelsonville, Wellston, Fort Frye, Alexander, Belpre, Federal Hocking. Small- Waterford, Miller, Southern, Eastern, South Gaillia , Trimble. It then becomes one of the best leagues in the area in all sports.
Wahama???

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I'm not a fan of the three divisions. The TVC was created all because a couple of schools were deemed not good enough to be in the SEOAL. That's the fact behind the league. If the SEOAL is dying, that's not the TVC's fault. Let it die. Or let the remaining schools team up with a few others and create a new league that the TVC will be inferior to. The TVC is too big now anyways. I guess I'm just old school in my thinking. When I played in the TVC, it was VC, NY, Alex, Meigs, Belpre and Wellston/Trimble, Waterford, Eastern, Miller Federal Hocking and Southern. It was perfectly fine.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Isn't Wahama being kicked out anyway?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Why would Athens wanna be in a league with D5/6 schools anyway? If you go to 3 divs you equal up school sizes.At the end of the day does your league really matter? You can still schedule up through non-Conf in football and in Basketball every team makes the dance. Yes it's nice to have schools that have your back in basketball drawings.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ground Buck wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:^^^ That Buckeye slam is bogus. When 6-8 freshmen grow up, the Bucks will be back to the dominance.

Yeah, maybe. Athens's 8th and 9th grade classes are.., lets say not talented. Besides, your freshmen now, should be sophomores. So get off your high horse. And, do you think Nelsonville-York votes to accept Jackson into the TVC?
We don't dodge anybody. Last time we played Jackson we beat them. If they want a piece of the Buckeyes bring them on. And don't forget Davey is 7-3 against Athens.
Last time you played Jackson you beat them then you dropped the return game the next year since all your talent graduated. So don't try and sell the we don't run from anyone because you did!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Ground Buck, only in football, does NY smack Vinton County.
I think you made up that the Jackson flagpole was gaudy, when I'm pretty sure it was said to be grandeur.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
yeah, idk why Jackson is calling out Athens. Athens kids are juniors and sophomores. Athens has a good QB in 9th and 6th grade. But Jackson did beat Athens 28 to 7 in 7th. I guess they have that and girls basketball to look forward too
How was anyone "calling out" Athens? I respect Athens program and wish they would come home where they belong to the SEOAL . Athens, Jackson, Gallia, Warren, and Logan. That's all we need . By the way Jacksons 9th, 8th, and 7th grade class beat Athens easily and I will not even comment on comparing the peewee Teams .

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Athens was the laughing stock of the league and all the schools made fun of them. Then they leave and all the school jump on them again. Athens finds some success and the sepal is in trouble so now all the sudden Athens should "come home"?
What a crock!!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I don't know what will happen to the SEOAL if Portsmouth leaves, but I would say that it will survive in some capacity.

Every team that is currently left in the league has explored other options since the 10-team "super conference" began to disband, and it doesn't appear that any of them are wanted elsewhere, with the possible exception of Portsmouth apparently. Portsmouth has looked at the SOC and OVC, Jackson has looked at the SOC and TVC, Logan has looked toward the MSL and OCC, Gallipolis has apparently shown interest in the OVC, and Warren has expressed some interest in the TVC, MVL, and/or leagues toward the East. These schools would be foolish to not investigate alternatives with the way things have been going. That said, I would love to see the SEOAL remain intact, possibly back to the way it was not too long ago before all the expansion, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Unless the TVC somehow creates a third division for some of the larger schools in the area, I don't think you'll see Jackson, Gallia Academy, or Warren in that league. At the risk of being called arrogant by certain individuals on here, I will point out that Jackson has historically had great success in football against any of current TVC schools that they have played regularly. The Athens series, however, has been quite competitive dating back to the early 1900s, with Jackson only holding a 9 game advantage. Just to be clear, I'm speaking about football since this is the football forum, and also because football is the driving force in athletics in our area.

In addition to the fact that Jackson has been very successful against the TVC, there appears to be the perception that Jackson "thinks they're better than everyone" or has been "condescending" toward the TVC for years. It seems to me that much of that is based on the personal opinion of one man because of pee wee or middle school sports, but maybe that opinion is shared by those who call the shots at many of these schools. Clearly I'm biased toward Jackson since I grew up there, played sports there, and have been, am, and will always be an Ironman, but I just don't think Jackson has as much "attitude" as some would like the people of SE Ohio to believe. There are arrogant or condescending people in every community, but that doesn't mean the ENTIRE community is that way.

Gallipolis and Warren can also say the same with respect to the TVC. Both schools have enjoyed success over many teams currently in that league, and Warren has one of the most productive overall athletic programs in this area. That's not being arrogant, that's being honest. Athens has dominated the TVC in nearly every sport since entering the league, and it's my opinion that Warren, Gallipolis, and Jackson would enjoy similar success in various sports. That's why I just don't see them ever being accepted into the TVC unless a a division of their own is created.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I92, you are correct, well... half correct. I didn't say "gaudy," I said "grandiose." :122245

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

ironmen02. Well said!! I know that a lot of people think Warren felt they were too good for the TVC, but that might have been the attitude back in the 1980's. A lot has changed since then!!

I think several people in the district thought Warren would continue to grow to be a division 1 school due to all the industry and jobs that continued to grow in the early and mid 80's. So at that time playing Federal Hocking, Miller, and Trimble did not make much since. I can remember going to football games in the early 80's and seeing 60 -0 scores routinely over much smaller schools. But what many thought would happen, didn't and now we are going the other way in enrollment. I think Warren would be a great addition to any conference or if it is determined that us, Jackson, Gallia, and Logan should go at it with just 4, we will make that work also. I still feel that several schools will want to keep scheduling all of us as we bring good crowds and good competition in almost all sports.

If I had a wish list though: Warren, Marietta, Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan. SEOAL as it was meant to be!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I92, you are correct, well... half correct. I didn't say "gaudy," I said "grandiose." :122245
You said "gaudy" in your post. In the old time comments on our $15,000 flag pole you may have called it grandiose but I thought Rick James said grandeur.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

warrior90 wrote:If I had a wish list though: Warren, Marietta, Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan. SEOAL as it was meant to be!!
I would agree 100%

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I02, trust me when it's not"... one man" who has been disenfranchised with Jackson and others, however, you are right, I'm nobody. I'm "one man" with an opinion.

I92, who's Rick James? Whatever, my sentiment remains the same. The $15,000 flagpole cost more than our total winter sports programs. Perspective, my friend, perspective.

Javagt, totally!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

warrior90 wrote: If I had a wish list though: Warren, Marietta, Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan. SEOAL as it was meant to be!!
Perfect.

Return to “Football”