What's next for the SEOAL?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

^^^ That Buckeye slam is bogus. When 6-8 freshmen grow up, the Bucks will be back to the dominance.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Unless a school from the Mid-State League Buckeye Division leaves for the Ohio Capital Conference - don't see that happening for at least a few years at minimum - there is no spot for Logan in the MSL. The Ohio Division is a Franklin-Madison league and the Cardinal are tiny schools in central Ohio.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ground Buck wrote:^^^ That Buckeye slam is bogus. When 6-8 freshmen grow up, the Bucks will be back to the dominance.

Yeah, maybe. Athens's 8th and 9th grade classes are.., lets say not talented. Besides, your freshmen now, should be sophomores. So get off your high horse. And, do you think Nelsonville-York votes to accept Jackson into the TVC?

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

bman wrote:Unless a school from the Mid-State League Buckeye Division leaves for the Ohio Capital Conference - don't see that happening for at least a few years at minimum - there is no spot for Logan in the MSL. The Ohio Division is a Franklin-Madison league and the Cardinal are tiny schools in central Ohio.
LU going back to the Cardinal may be a possibility. They won't be very competitive in most non-football sports.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:^^^ That Buckeye slam is bogus. When 6-8 freshmen grow up, the Bucks will be back to the dominance.

Yeah, maybe. Athens's 8th and 9th grade classes are.., lets say not talented. Besides, your freshmen now, should be sophomores. So get off your high horse. And, do you think Nelsonville-York votes to accept Jackson into the TVC?[/quote

Pup, I don't see why Jackson at this point would want in the TVC. They already done away with the vc series, wellston gives them no points, Athens will be hurting after next year, Nelsonville yeah always packs a good punch , meigs probably wouldn't hang with Jackson most years, Alex and river valley well no comment needed. In all due respect my friend I don't see Jackson wanting to go that direction

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

hawkeyepierce wrote:

Yeah, maybe. Athens's 8th and 9th grade classes are.., lets say not talented. Besides, your freshmen now, should be sophomores. So get off your high horse. And, do you think Nelsonville-York votes to accept Jackson into the TVC?
We don't dodge anybody. Last time we played Jackson we beat them. If they want a piece of the Buckeyes bring them on. And don't forget Davey is 7-3 against Athens.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground Buck wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:

We don't dodge anybody. Last time we played Jackson we beat them. If they want a piece of the Buckeyes bring them on. And don't forget Davey is 7-3 against Athens.
It's not about dodging anyone and I would love for Jackson to play NY in regular season. Jackson is too big for the TVC as is Athens

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

However I would love to see warren, Athens , vc , and gallia fight it out on the hardwood twice a year ! Wow talk about a crowd

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Viking96 wrote:However I would love to see warren, Athens , vc , and gallia fight it out on the hardwood twice a year ! Wow talk about a crowd
It's not about dodging anyone and I would love for Jackson to play NY in regular season. Jackson is too big for the TVC as is Athens
Athens and Jackson are in the same division as VC, and we put an annual butt whippin on VC each year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wells friend you can't beat vc in basketball on your best night, and Jackson smacks NY 8 outa 10 times in football guaranteed

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Ground Buck, only in football, does NY smack Vinton County.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yes I know the did a few years ago and probably would go if invited but do you agree that it's not a good fit for either side

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

All the TVC needs to do is look at the SEOAL in 2008. The TVC is best at two divisions with 6 teams in each. For years, that was the way it was and it was perfectly fine! The TVC is to big right now. Adding Jackson, Gallia or Warren is just making more room for doom. The TVC made a mistake in adding S. Gallia, Wahama and River Valley. To many teams for 1 division. The Ohio division doesn't need to make the same mistake.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Viking96 wrote:Wells friend you can't beat vc in basketball on your best night, and Jackson smacks NY 8 outa 10 times in football guaranteed
You can guess they would beat NY which is just that only a guess, but the last time they met NY won so that is the reality of it.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

If you are talking football only, probably not.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

hawkeyepierce wrote:96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Only in football? Who cares about anything else? And you are going to get another spanking this year in a few short weeks. NY voted and would vote for Jackson to get in.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dundas, mark my words, River Valley will not be in the TVC long. They were extremely displeased with being put into the Ohio Division, they really wanted to be in the Hocking Division. What is extremely funny is, the previous athletic director was also the volleyball coach she would not make the switch sooner because her dominance in volleyball in the OVC.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ground Buck wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Only in football? Who cares about anything else? And you are going to get another spanking this year in a few short weeks. NY voted and would vote for Jackson to get in.
Dude, what do you do for the other 42 weeks of the year? Hide in your mom's basement listening to Pantera?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hawkeyepierce wrote:If you are talking football only, probably not.
Add Jackson gallia and warren would be helluva basketball conference

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The only way River Valley makes sense is if they were the 6th team. They'll be the 7th. So the TVC should've either had another team lined up to make 8, or declined River Valley. Personally I think they shouldn't have even been looking to add another team in the Ohio and if anything, look to subtract from the Hocking. The Ohio division is at the Hockings mercy because every league member gets a vote. Its unbalanced and unfair and I'm afraid that the TVC that once was a very smooth and great conference could ultimately be split and torn apart because of too many members with too many ideas.

Return to “Football”