Clinton Massie 17 Chillicothe 7

Bronc21
All Conference

Clinton Massie 17 Chillicothe 7

Post by Bronc21 »

Cavs have their unbeaten season ended by some very questionable officiating. Cavs scored on 3 consecutive plays in the first half and each time ball was placed on the one inch line. (Announcer said video show all 3 td's Midway through the 4th qtr cavs were driving and got a first down on the CM 16 yd line but were called for a holding AFTER the play was over. Next possession, cavs intercepted the ball on CM 34 yd line but was ruled a complete pass (3rd down) even though the cavs came down with the ball . That took the wind out of the cavs and they surrended their first td in the 2nd half this season with 2:40 remaining. It's a shame officials are that BAD... Hinton talking on the radio and criticized one official on CM sideline for 3 personal fouls and non holding calls

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Clinton Massie 17 - Chillicothe 7

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds like a good game.

Going to CM for the 1st time and CM who owns that league is a huge task. They don't play the football that the rest of the SCOL does.

Hey DP643....I was closer than the high school score predicting gurus...bump me up to 93% please.

Chilly wont lose again and best of luck to both in the playoffs.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No shame in losing that game, no matter the circumstances. I'd absolutely love to see a Chilly/Athens regional championship.

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

Cavs fair catch ball around their 40 to end the 3rd qtr. refs marked the ball at the 28. After complaints from staff ball was moved to 38. Marking the ball between quarters should be 2nd nature at this point for the refs. Very sloppy.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

cm's coach has been around elite programs for a long time
im sure the coaching was a push

he was st. paris grahams wrestling coach and won state titles before heading to cm

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote:Sounds like a good game.

Going to CM for the 1st time and CM who owns that league is a huge task. They don't play the football that the rest of the SCOL does.

Hey DP643....I was closer than the high school score predicting gurus...bump me up to 93% please.

Chilly wont lose again and best of luck to both in the playoffs.
Dang it man...giving you 92.89%

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Re: Clinton Massie 17 Chillicothe 7

Post by svcbaseballfan »

come on bronc, never fails. i thought there were some questionable calls yes, but you fail to mention the ones that went against massie. I was hoping for a cavs victory, but the offense didn't move the ball. they finished with around 170 yds of offense, and over half of those came on 2 plays. as for the "questionable" interception, dual possession, which it clearly was, goes to the offense. the holding after the play you speak of, should have been a block in the back which would have been 15 yds instead of 10. There was a facemask that was called a 15 yd one that could have been a 5 yd on the long drive at the end of the game, but it was a first down anyways. Chillicothe played a great defensive game, but shot themselves in the foot too many times with dropped passes and miscues in the backfield. Chillicothe will go 9-1 and host a playoff game. And if Coach Hinton calls out the officials on the radio thats his problem, and that is why he won't get the calls going his way. Good Luck to Chillicothe the rest of the way!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Massie must be real cause I know chillier is. Can the meet again?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

vctransplant wrote:Massie must be real cause I know chillier is. Can the meet again?
No Clinton Massie D6 and Chilli D3, no rematch this year, and I am not sure if they play next year or not, will need to find out if they are scheduled again in 2014.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Clinton Massie D 4. And Chillicothe D 3. Are both inthe SCOL so they will play again in 2014

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

doubleplay643 wrote:
vctransplant wrote:Massie must be real cause I know chillier is. Can the meet again?
No Clinton Massie D6 and Chilli D3, no rematch this year, and I am not sure if they play next year or not, will need to find out if they are scheduled again in 2014.
They are for real.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Massie tripped up against Desales, but I'd guess they still have to be a favorite to repeat in D4. While Chillicothe just proved that they can slow down one of the best offenses in the state. I'd love to see a regional final matchup with Athens.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

sounds like Hinton and the Cavs need to hire a crew from down on the river.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

danicalifornia wrote:Massie tripped up against Desales, but I'd guess they still have to be a favorite to repeat in D4. While Chillicothe just proved that they can slow down one of the best offenses in the state. I'd love to see a regional final matchup with Athens.
Yeah, that sounds good. That would be a dandy regional final.

Return to “Football”