BurgGrad6
SE

Wheelersburg 42 Minford 13

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Thoughts?
IMO Burg is too much for the Falcons! Burg by 2 scores

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 8- Wheelersburg (7-0) vs. Minford (6-1)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Burg too much and too fast for Minford.
Wheelersburg 42
Minford 19

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

I expect the Wheelersburg defense will see plenty of inside rushes in this one if Minford has done any scouting at all.
The West / Valley score should scare the Minford faithful a little seeing how easily Valley won that game. Team speed will be the difference in this one. Burg gets the win.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

This is usually always a hard fought game. Minford will do their best to play clock control...close at the half.

Burg 40
Minford 21

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

The only way Minford wins is if they put their ears back and pound the ball down Burgs throat. After seeing the Falcons play Northwest, there is no way Minford has the speed to stop burgs offence. Burg does seem kind of soft up the middle though.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

As long as the Pirates aren't caught looking ahead to the Week 9 Valley match-up, I don't think the Falcons can pull this one off. Think Wheelersburg will be 8-0 going into the Valley contest.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I agree with just about everything that has been said so far. Only way Minford has a chance is if their off. line dominates. Falcons have to be able to run it between the tackles. On defense they have to blow-up the front 5 of Burg & jam receivers off the line. Burg's short passing game is based off timing.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Taking the berg in another win in route to a playoff appearance.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I expect Minford to play hard and have some success running the football downhill on the Pirates, but I look for Wheelersburg to be too much athletically leading to a big win by 3 or more scores.....setting up the highly anticipated showdown at Ed Miller Stadium in Week 9.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Minford has to play ball control offense to keep Burg off the field or it will get ugly. Minford doesnt have the speed outside to match up with Burg and get in a shoot out. Minfords strength is in the middle which is also where Burg is the weakest. If the play to their stengths they can keep it close but Burg has to much in the end and come out on top

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think Burg will struggle with minford. The falcons will be ready to play. If its close in the 4th it could mean trouble for the pirates.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford will have a chance at home. I see the Falcons really ready to play in this one, unlike at West.

Minford by a score late.

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

Minford's D line will be the MVP for Burg...they had no chance against West's outside "speed". Minford will win the possession time as does anyone against Burg since they have 4-6 play scoring drives. Only chance it is even a game is if it pours the rain and Minford's grass is their 12th man. Was supposed to be close last year with a lot of folks picking Minford and we know what happened there. This year just more of the same. Hope both teams stay injury free and best of luck to McRae representing the SOC next year at Louisville.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Hoping this is a better match up then now thought.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Has Minford had to defend the pass much this year?

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Secondary has been their weakness so lets hope it has improved.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I don't think "Millersburg" is going to run away with this game, its at Minford, Minford has great running backs and a huge OL. ground and pound this game. Burgs defense is suspect, keep their offense on the side line and make them stop the run which they will put 9 in the box like every school Minford has faced. All you hear on offense is Miller, Miller and Claxon. two WR and QB? E. Miller is the straw that stirs the drink, look for Minford to bottle him up, put pressure on him and force bad throws. Minford will be jacked up, Wheelersburg, all they care about is getting revenge on Valley. I look for this game close at the half. close in the 3rd and then Minford kicking the field goal late in the 4th and winning 31-28.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Marshall, I do agree with you on this point. If it is close in the 4th quarter, Minford will win. BUT ... I don't think it will be close going into the 4th. I believe along with a lot of posters, Wheelersburg's speed is the difference. Wheelersburg has to win this game (and really go 10-0) or many people will consider their regular season a bust. I believe the pressure is on Wheelersburg but I think Burg delivers. Look for the receiver Miller to be the difference!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

burg too strong.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minford needs to do what they do best. Line up and pound the ball right at Burg. I think Minford can do that with MUCH success. Hopefully the West game proved that Minford doesnt need to throw the rock around. Even if Burg loads the box to stop the run, Minford can still have success running the ball. I would love to see Minford line up with Madden and McCray on the same side in a power eye and just run off it until Burg finds an answer if they are loading the box to stop the run.

Burg is suspect up front and at LB on defense. Those same kids play offense and dont think it wont have a toll on them taking hits all night. I really hope Minford just jams it down their throat all night and keeps Burg's offense on the sideline. Minford cannot afford to get in a track meet with Burg.

For Minford to contain Burg's offense they must be very disciplined on defense but still try to get alot of pressure on Miller. The kid is a heck of an athlete. LB's have to respect that and stay at home and the DL has to pin their ears back and get after him.

I dont know who will win this game, but if Minford can stick around till the 4th quarter by pounding the ball at Burg's defense, I cant help but think they will pull it out.

Return to “Football”