Piketon (3-4) at Unioto (3-4)

HustlinHornet
Waterboy

Piketon (3-4) at Unioto (3-4)

Post by HustlinHornet »

Thoughts on the Game?

The two teams have some altercations of late. In 2011 in Frenchtown Piketon Fans had some words for Unioto's players- Sheriffs were involved. In 2012 in Piketon, Unioto Fans (including myself) almost revolted against the refs for some calls that could have went either way.

The teams also have some common blood. Austin Bumgardner (Jr Tackle, PHS), transferred from Unioto to Piketon his 8th grade year, repeating the 8th grade. Should be an interesting matchup between Unioto's 2 Senior Defensive Ends (Sagraves, Lindsey), and Bum, as they grew up playing against each other.

It looks like the streaks have a fairly balanced attack (not too sure, haven't heard much about them), while Unioto is strong on the ground, with spurts of brilliance when Hosley gets protection AND a wide open receiver.

What does everyone think?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Piketon (3-4) at Unioto (3-4)

Post by Dundas »

Should be a dandy. Ill take the U by 2.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Last time I checked this game was between Piketon and Unioto Not Bumgardner and any player from Unioto.

As far as bad blood. There are always idiots in the stands there was no bad blood between the teams. 2011 Unioto Beat Piketon. Last year Piketon Beat Unioto. This is HS Football kids playing a game. Lets don't make this personal.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon is 7-4 against Unioto since the 2002 season, joe eitels site wouldnt let me open up the 01' but I would assume a Unioto win since Piketon only won a few games that season. 3 of the 4 Unioto wins occured from 02 to 06, with the last win coming in 11'. Piketons Brewster is leading the league in passing, with over 60% completion and 642 yards. Piketon is balanced and Bivens has over 500 yards rushing. What does this say, nothing! lol Should be a good close game. Lets Go Streaks~!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

eagles73 wrote:Piketon is 7-4 against Unioto since the 2002 season, joe eitels site wouldnt let me open up the 01' but I would assume a Unioto win since Piketon only won a few games that season. 3 of the 4 Unioto wins occured from 02 to 06, with the last win coming in 11'. Piketons Brewster is leading the league in passing, with over 60% completion and 642 yards. Piketon is balanced and Bivens has over 500 yards rushing. What does this say, nothing! lol Should be a good close game. Lets Go Streaks~!
In 2001, Piketon beat Unioto 20-13 in a Saturday night game. It was Piketon's only win and Unioto went winless. Piketon also won in 2000 when Unioto also went winless, not sure of the score though.

Unioto pounds the rock, 291 rush yards per game, With Binegar (742, 8.2), Spencer (502, 5.5), and Parker (6.5). Hosley has hit several deep balls this year as well, even though they do prefer to run the ball. Should be a fun, high scoring affair.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Whichever defense steps up will determine who wins. Piketon has had missed tackles the last few weeks, and with Unioto's running game, cannot afford a repeat. As for the off-the-field stuff, I remember Unioto's students, while lining up waiting for the team to enter, chanted "Red Streaks suck" until an administrator made them stop. With any luck, the idiots from both sides will stay home!

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

I think the bad blood is in the stands for the most part, I think the teams respect one another on the field. Its too bad idiots have to ruin things, 2011 had a parent try to fight me, and I was standing on the sideline, people were throwing rocks at the ambulance on the Piketon sideline loading a player. Let it be decided on the field. No matter what Piketon loses to graduation, they are always tough, strong kids. If you were playing them in a game of chess, they are going to make you pay at every opportunity. Good Luck to both teams on Friday night, and as for the fans, be fans, not idiots!

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

I remember that 2001 season well. That was a rough senior year. I am going with Piketon here. Go Redstreaks.

HustlinHornet
Waterboy

Post by HustlinHornet »

bengalfan, no intent to offend, was just trying to bring up some interesting aspects of the game. As for Bum, I wasn't trying to single him out, just pointjng out that the kids know each other and it will be fun to watch. As for the fans, both sides have been idiots, as fans do, hopefully that can be minimized on both sides.

Good luck to both teams, hopefully no serious injuries during the game. Go tanks.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Not sure why, but the "U" often seems to lack the appropriate level of sportsmanship that all the other SVC teams seem to exhibit. Hopefully they can get that corrected.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto wins 63-28. Both are now in the 5 way tie for 2nd in the SVC.

Return to “Football”