Valley (9-0) @ Minford (7-2)

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Valley (9-0) @ Minford (7-2)

Post by NewEra »

Another week 10 showdown in "The Battle for Lucasville-Minford Road" LETS GO! get it started gentleman.

The Falcons win, I see it not likely that they miss the playoffs, that is quite a large amount of points on the line. I think the Falcons can spring the upset, last year Coach Daniels and company were one turnover away from pulling it off in Lucasville.

noles_fan
S

Re: Valley (9-0) @ Minford (7-2)

Post by noles_fan »

I think Valley is going to be to much for Minford. This one won't be as close as years past.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noles_fan wrote:I think Valley is going to be to much for Minford. This one won't be as close as years past.
Well noles, gonna have to agree with you 100% on this one. Valley blows Minford out of the water and with it the Falcons postseason hopes.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I would like to think Valley would blow them out, but I just don't see that. These two always play tough and you can throw out the records.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After seeing both and Valley beating Burg last night I don't see any way the Falcons hang with the Indians.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

nutronron2012 wrote:I would like to think Valley would blow them out, but I just don't see that. These two always play tough and you can throw out the records.
Typically you're correct about this match up but I feel this year the Falcons won't put up much of a fight. I could be wrong but don't see anything about this year that would make me feel otherwise. Good luck to both squads and hope they come out injury free.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I'll say it...Valley by 3 TDs....Their defense made a believer out of me last night...They are big and quick....
Last edited by courier on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Valley 35- Minford 7

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

While I think Minford was better last year than they are this year and Valley is the favorite, Valley also knows Minford is the last team to beat Valley in the regular season, and the Falcons will have the FULL attention of the Indians.

Minford is 7-2, it's not like they are 2-7...this is a very important game. Valley will treat this as a playoff game.

Last time Valley was on a run like this whole in the SOC 1, the Indians went over to Minford 39-0, and found themselves trailing 19-7 in the 4th quarter, before coming back to win.

It's a rivalry game, simple as that.

Minford will keep it close for about 3 quarters..

Valley 35
Minford 20

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

chicken_coop wrote:While I think Minford was better last year than they are this year and Valley is the favorite, Valley also knows Minford is the last team to beat Valley in the regular season, and the Falcons will have the FULL attention of the Indians.

Minford is 7-2, it's not like they are 2-7...this is a very important game. Valley will treat this as a playoff game.

Last time Valley was on a run like this whole in the SOC 1, the Indians went over to Minford 39-0, and found themselves trailing 19-7 in the 4th quarter, before coming back to win.

Valley 35
Minford 20
No way Minford scores 20 points on Valley Coop! Quit being so damned polite! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Oaf wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:While I think Minford was better last year than they are this year and Valley is the favorite, Valley also knows Minford is the last team to beat Valley in the regular season, and the Falcons will have the FULL attention of the Indians.

Valley 35
Minford 20
No way Minford scores 20 points on Valley Coop! Quit being so damned polite! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :twisted:

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Without some player changing, I`m afraid this will be ugly. :oops:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford's D is not that bad. The problem is their offense. Their line should be better, just looking at their size. Valley should have a short field all night. 28-0, easy.

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

Minford has the talent to win this game. Sure there has been a lot of question on what the Falcons should do offensively and defensively. But Monday they need to walk in the locker room coaches included clean the slate and put it all behind them. Then take that deep breath and go to work preparing to play there biggest game this year. You have to learn from your mistakes and play through them its part of the game, its how you adjust determines the outcome.
Minford Players, Coaches, Students, Teachers, Parents and Community by Friday game time should be bouncing off the walls supporting our team for this game.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Same song and dance as last year. You throw out all the records in this one should be a dandy.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, for Minford to win this game they will have to play error free football and keep the Valley offense off the field.

Valley can enjoy the win against Burg until practice time Monday afternoon. They will then need to forget that win and focus on the Falcons. I think Coach Crabtree and staff will make sure Valley has a focused week of practice.

Valley will win if they do what they did against Burg and that is run the ball and control the clock.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Personally, I'm pulling for Minford in an upset at home with playoffs on the line and Valley coming in flat after an emotional win over burg. No blow out here. Minford is going to be fighting for their life and Valley is locked in. The crowd will be geeked up and packed. Its a playoff game for Minford. Minford by 3!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

This game is always tough with the rare occasion of a blowout...I said earlier Valley by 3td but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Valley/Minford by 1

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Rivalry, 3 peat SOC2 out right champions, 3rd straight undefeated season, I can't see Valley coming out flat or not focused. A lot on the line.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I just don't see the Falcons being able to score enough to stay in this one. I don't expect them to lay down but the Indians will be too fast for the Falcons. Hopefully the Indians leave healthy for week 11.

Return to “Football”