Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Post by 93Bulldog »

Got confirmation. Game is at Logan High School.

GO DOGS!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Athens fans should be very happy with the venue! Can we please keep the posts on topic this week? Let the madness begin.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Can the powers that be at Logan please get more than one gate open for the parking lot!? Traffic was backed up to the highway still at kickoff last week and they had like 7 people working the same (only) gate open. Other than that I had absolutely no problem with the way the Logan faithful handled the game last week and I'm sure they will do an outstanding job again this week!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I agree, open up all the parking gates. Should be a packed house for Athens

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

What is the date and time please??

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

skidaddy wrote:What is the date and time please??
next Friday at 7:30

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thank you

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

A town concerning your parking question. First let me agree and say it could and should have been handled better. Now let me tell you how I have seen the Logan faithful handle the parking problem. They do not wait to arrive at a 7:30 kickoff at 7:28. It will not hurt the Athens fans to arrive at the game fashionably early instead of fashionably late. Organize a tail gate party and donate the proceeds to some cause in Athens. It is a half hour drive for crying out loud. Get there earlier.

Let me explain. In the Logan hay day the crowds were at the game a minimum of three hours early For the home game Logan hosted against Dublin Coffman the party started at 11:00 am for a 7 o'clock kick off.

Could the Logan parking guys do better? yes Can the Athens fans do better? A lot better.

Take it for what it is worth. Every game can be your last. No team goes to the regional finals every year. Come early and enjoy the Hocking Hills ambiance.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Will the dogs actually play Defense this week?
Burrow took over the game and that's why the dogs came out with a win. Playing him both ways didn't do any good for him or the defense so I hope they keep him on offense.
The dogs have a chance. This is a special team and they will fight hard til the end win or lose.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

I was watching from on top of the bleachers as all the fans rolled in. We got there at 5:00 to set-up our TV equipment and thought that Logan did a pretty good job considering all the people that came to watch this game. They had 2 gates going, not just 1. They would send traffic to the far one and then cut it off and send the rest threw gate 2 to try and manage the crowd as best as possible...

I'm not sure toldya that the Athens crowd would get there at 11:00am, but I saw plenty of them outside at 5:30 tailgating and having a blast enjoying this special time and special team...

O&B...this is Play-Off Football and a new generation of Offense that make it very difficult to stop these High Flying O's...with that being said, the Athens Defense stepped up 3 Big Times against Tri-Valley. They caused a fumble on the opening drive that lead to 7 points, then caused the Go Ahead score on a Freddy Stalder forced fumble scooped up by Dakota McFee for another 7 points. And then had the big stop in OVertime that held the Scotties to a Field Goal giving the Athens Offense a chance to WIN it in OT...and they Did...this Defense doesn't get the credit it deserves, but these are some very talented Offenses in Region 9...don't forget that Tri-Valley gave up 55...it is a different time in Football...

Go BULLDOGS!
"Just WIN Baby!"

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I was at Logan by 6:30 and got right in. They had both lots open and did a nice job getting people in. I came across the overpass and there was a long line north on 33 on and approaching the off ramp.

I would suggest they get a few more people directing traffic after the game. I realize if the game is one sided people start leaving early and it makes it easier to get out, but with the game with TV and likely the game with MF being nail-biters, more people directing traffic is needed. Sorry about the negative comment on the Logan venue, 99.9% of stuff the Logan folks handled was top notch.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Good luck Athens! Bring home that championship! Pulling hard for you!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

toldya wrote:A town concerning your parking question. First let me agree and say it could and should have been handled better. Now let me tell you how I have seen the Logan faithful handle the parking problem. They do not wait to arrive at a 7:30 kickoff at 7:28. It will not hurt the Athens fans to arrive at the game fashionably early instead of fashionably late. Organize a tail gate party and donate the proceeds to some cause in Athens. It is a half hour drive for crying out loud. Get there earlier.

Let me explain. In the Logan hay day the crowds were at the game a minimum of three hours early For the home game Logan hosted against Dublin Coffman the party started at 11:00 am for a 7 o'clock kick off.

Could the Logan parking guys do better? yes Can the Athens fans do better? A lot better.

Take it for what it is worth. Every game can be your last. No team goes to the regional finals every year. Come early and enjoy the Hocking Hills ambiance.
I was there at 5:30 when the gates opened and had little problem getting in personally but around an hour before kickoff it was a very slow steady stream into the lot. Not everyone there late was from Athens either, most of our fans were there early but people from all over the area were there and some people don't have the ability to drop everything and leave to be there at 5. I guess I should have chosen my words better, I wasn't so much complaining (which is how I'm guessing you read it and looking back I can see why) as being hopeful the situation could be better handled a bit better. I like the venue and the volunteers did a great job all night and that is all anyone can ask for. Enough of this stuff, back to the game. Go Dogs!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Couldn't make it the Tri-Valley game this past Friday, but will definitely make it this week. Good luck to Athens, keep representing.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I saw MF in week 1of playoffs. They are HUGE! That being said I wasn't impressed against a bad Dover team. Dover had many chances to be in that game and couldnt complete a pass to open receivers. The lines are big yes but wear down quick and don't move well. The QB for MF is dangerous when he gets loose. Very smooth runner. I have seen the dogs a couple times. MF will have ahad tme slowing that O down. Dogs win and move on.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I really think either team could win this game, unfortunately the winner will have to face one of the best teams in the state not just in D3 week 14 in the form of Akron SVSM (currently ranked #6 overall by Pasteur and the first non D1 school listed) and I don't think either would have much chance to advance. SVSM is the odds on favorite for the D3 state title and is one of the best D3 teams I can remember.

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

ny92 wrote:I saw MF in week 1of playoffs. They are HUGE! That being said I wasn't impressed against a bad Dover team. Dover had many chances to be in that game and couldnt complete a pass to open receivers. The lines are big yes but wear down quick and don't move well. The QB for MF is dangerous when he gets loose. Very smooth runner. I have seen the dogs a couple times. MF will have ahad tme slowing that O down. Dogs win and move on.
Uh... were we at two different games? Or are you just cherry picking? Dover missed opportunities on passing because MF continuously disrupted their offense. Dover's offensive line could not hold MF's front 4 so he was forcing his passes. MF is great at disrupting. And what makes you think Dover is bad?!?! MF might have made them look bad but overall, they are not a bad team... There was no time in that contest where I saw the defense "wear down". Don't move well???? We are talking about one of the fastest defenses in central Ohio. I will point this out.. MF's "slow defense" have only allowed 141 points in 11 contest. That is 12 points a game on average. The starters have only allowed 61 points in 11 contest... 5.5 points a game. So I am not exactly sure what you were watching but it could not have been the same game as me. Feel free to seek me out to see that game film over again. :122248

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

As far as tailgating is concerned... This is new territory for me but some alumni and myself are thinking about doing it down there. As far as what I see here, that is okay down in Logan? I just want to make sure before I make anything official with the MFHS alumni.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Athens will see size and speed they haven't played against all season!! Will be interesting to see how they handle it :122249

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I never said anything about the defense wearing down I said the lines did. I do think athens will have trouble with the size of MF. And as quick as things happen with the athens offense MF line may wear down. Not saying team speed either I'm saying the speed at which they run plays. The chain gang even struggles to keep up. I have no doubt this game could be another close one. No matter who wins ill bet it will be a good one.

Return to “Football”