10/10/2014 VALLEY @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
10/17/2014 VALLEY @ SOUTH POINT
10/24/2014 VALLEY @ WHEELERSBURG
10/31/2014 MINFORD @ VALLEY

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Re: Lucasville Valley 2014

Post by N4da'score »

@ Burg? Gotta be a typo? Didn't Valley play on the road last season?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

N4da'score wrote:@ Burg? Gotta be a typo? Didn't Valley play on the road last season?
I thought I heard with Northwest leaving it may have caused a few scheduling quirks. I could be wrong but that may be the case here. Hopefully Valley finds a quality opponent to fill. I must say I'm not too terribly impressed with this schedule considering the level their program is at now. Indians will still be very strong of course.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

The Oaf wrote:
N4da'score wrote:@ Burg? Gotta be a typo? Didn't Valley play on the road last season?
I thought I heard with Northwest leaving it may have caused a few scheduling quirks. I could be wrong but that may be the case here. Hopefully Valley finds a quality opponent to fill. I must say I'm not too terribly impressed with this schedule considering the level their program is at now. Indians will still be very strong of course.[/quote

Yeah that's what crab brothers post also on the burg thread.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Thanks blue, I didn't think I was that old and senile just yet! :lol:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Valley will have a lot to replace this year.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

I thought we still had Portsmouth week 1 and yes with NW going to soc 1....Valley goes back to burg ....yee haw

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Ohsaa has Portsmouth playing johnstown Monroe @chillicothe 8/29.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley success this year will depend on the development of Rolfe. Biggest loss I think is Dunn it's going to be hard to replace him on that dline.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If we are not opening with Portsmouth, then it is news to me.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I like the addition of Piketon, I always thought a series with Piketon would be a home run geographically (good gate/short travel). I do agree that Valley needs to beef up the schedule in order to keep improving.

Valley will be hard to stop with Rolfe having another year of experience under his belt. Dunn and Arnett will be tough to replace. Soc will be wide open next season.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

sider wrote:I like the addition of Piketon, I always thought a series with Piketon would be a home run geographically (good gate/short travel). I do agree that Valley needs to beef up the schedule in order to keep improving.

Valley will be hard to stop with Rolfe having another year of experience under his belt. Dunn and Arnett will be tough to replace. Soc will be wide open next season.
Valley needs a Jackson, Gallia Academy, Ironton, Chilly, Newark Catholic, etc. series in addition to their SOCII schedule in my opinion.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Agree Sider, SOC will be wide open.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I like seeing SP, NW gone and adding Fairland...I'm not sure, but I thought we still played Portsmouth.

Valley is coming off 3 straight 10-0 seasons, and 3 straight SOC titles, so they now know what it takes to win. I dont know what team would be the "favorite" in the SOC right now, but I wouldnt be shocked if Valley is right there in the mix for #4.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Amazing how a small school as Valley reloads year after year. Good luck in attempting a 4peat!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

chicken_coop wrote:I like seeing SP, NW gone and adding Fairland...I'm not sure, but I thought we still played Portsmouth.

Valley is coming off 3 straight 10-0 seasons, and 3 straight SOC titles, so they now know what it takes to win. I dont know what team would be the "favorite" in the SOC right now, but I wouldnt be shocked if Valley is right there in the mix for #4.
My take Coop ole buddy is you guys really needed to keep PHS on the schedule and if you're adding another OVC team it should have been Ironton. I'm not a fan at all of renewing the series with Piketon. At this point, even if by default, Valley would have to be considered the favorites in the SOC race until someone takes it from them, and rightfully so. Essentially, the Indians are the victim's of their own success. Undefeated seasons and league titles are wonderful but it's time for the program to take that next logical step and win a Regional Championship and beyond. Just my humble opinion.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

chicken_coop wrote:I dont know what team would be the "favorite" in the SOC right now, but I wouldnt be shocked if Valley is right there in the mix for #4.
Valley should be the favorite until they are beaten, but replacing Dunn, Miller, Miller, Arnett, West, Shope and the other seniors (18 total?) will be a tall task for the younger kids/coaching staff. In my opinion, Dunn and the Miller boys are what made Valley's D so tough and you can't teach size.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

4th n Goal wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:I dont know what team would be the "favorite" in the SOC right now, but I wouldnt be shocked if Valley is right there in the mix for #4.
Valley should be the favorite until they are beaten, but replacing Dunn, Miller, Miller, Arnett, West, Shope and the other seniors (18 total?) will be a tall task for the younger kids/coaching staff. In my opinion, Dunn and the Miller boys are what made Valley's D so tough and you can't teach size.
Valley will have 18 juniors and 2 seniors to reload with and the junior class has been very successful in there own right as well ..but agree that you can't teach size ..lol

baseball37
Waterboy

Post by baseball37 »

I actually like that valley is playing piketon this year , I think it could be a great game and bring in a lot of money for both the school( depending on who host the game)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah I'm glad valley picked up piketon. This year the soc is wide open. Yes valley lost a lot but so did everyone else. I think they are the only team that returns their qb maybe west not sure tho. Valley will need some of their kids to hit a growth spurt. Not much size in the skill positions. Someone said valley should have more weight on the line this year but the kids are not as good as the miller brothers. Their rb got a lot of carries last year but we will miss arnetts toughness. Not thrilled about playing at burg again.

Return to “Football”