New Marietta Coach

AHM
Freshman Team

New Marietta Coach

Post by AHM »

Marietta High is in the market for a head football coach again. As a Tiger fan, I'm tired if the lack of continuity. It has killed any chance of us competing in the ECOL. I'm hoping that the district does what it takes to get a winner in the school and get a commitment to building a program.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Re: New Marietta Coach

Post by The Wizard »

Did he take the buyout???

Entitlement by parents are the biggest problem in Marietta. Admin does nothing about it.

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

I hear Andy Schob is available. He had 17 wins at Warren. Better jump on this opportunity before someone beats you to it.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Jason Schob nuff said, young enthuastic and capable. Hire him, Board and Admin., grow some stones, keep parent(s) at bay and let him run the show. Let him have the program for at least 6 years and everybody keep out of it. He is a home town guy and will be the Tigers best bet for the ship not sinking. JMHO. Have no dog in this fight. Wait I do have a very young grandson that will go to Marietta, maybe they can get this fixed before he gets to HS. Now wouild be a great time to start.
And the Tigers need to get back to the SEOAL.

melitonB
Waterboy

Post by melitonB »

what buyout? Is this the one from the Marietta businessman?

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

That would be 17 wins in 3 years for Schob's while Marietta had only 5 wins in the past 3 years

melitonB
Waterboy

Post by melitonB »

No one answered my question about a buyout offered to the Marietta Coach. Is it true, did it happen and whasup??

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

freebee wrote:That would be 17 wins in 3 years for Schob's while Marietta had only 5 wins in the past 3 years
I hate to nit pick but it was 17 - wins over FOUR years.

melitonB
Waterboy

Post by melitonB »

It is all set for Mike Devol. He was hand picked by the leader of Athletics John Lehman. I have lived in this town all my life and have never seen one person run it all.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

marietta has needed someone like devol a long time ago

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

buyout? Coaches in Ohio receive one year contract so don't know what they would be buying out?

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

Brian Spicer?

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

What about Jerry Springer?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I was told that Marietta may follow Logan's lead on their new super conference. They may name it SOLO, since Logan did not take that one. One positive of this is, they will pile up the league championships. :lol:

melitonB
Waterboy

Post by melitonB »

I understand that Devol will get the job and Lehman will lead the new parents group. This could be the best football group since I graduated. Lehman can fund almost anything the team needs. His kid will be an outstanding team member.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Devol is a great choice.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

local superstar wrote:Devol is a great choice.
You can have Devol, he's an idiot, made Warren a joke when he was there. Had 100 kids out, didn't make them go to practice, and couldn't play a lick of defense. Yes he won a few games, but he pee'd away some of the best football talent that Washington County had ever seen. I believe it was 1996 they gave up like 35ppg.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
You can have Devol, he's an idiot, made Warren a joke when he was there. Had 100 kids out, didn't make them go to practice, and couldn't play a lick of defense. Yes he won a few games, but he pee'd away some of the best football talent that Washington County had ever seen. I believe it was 1996 they gave up like 35ppg.
No kidding. Warren was so much better both before and after he was there. He also accomplished nothing at Caldwell or Parkersburg South. There are lots of coaches around who have won 200+ games.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Talk to me in 3 years

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
Idiot is a stretch

Return to “Football”