2014 River Valley Raiders Schedule (First year in the TVC)

RVRaiderFan
All State

2014 River Valley Raiders Schedule (First year in the TVC)

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Here is a look at the Raiders schedule as they leave the OVC and join the TVC.

Week 1- at Rock Hill
Week 2- Southeastern
Week 3- Eastern
Week 4- Nelsonville York
Week 5- at Meigs
Week 6- Wellston
Week 7- at Alexander
Week 8- Vinton County
Week 9- at Athens
Week 10- at Northwest

What are everyone's thoughts on the Raiders FIRST season in the TVC??

superman06
Riding the Bench

Re: 2014 River Valley Raiders Schedule (First year in the TV

Post by superman06 »

1-9 (a win vs Eastern)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Welcome to the TVC and good luck.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Should've added Northwest years ago. I know that's easier said than done. Good pick up for 2 programs who have struggled in years past.

Way too early to even give a guess but I don't see how life in the TVC will be better than the OVC.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

Tubby wrote:Should've added Northwest years ago. I know that's easier said than done. Good pick up for 2 programs who have struggled in years past.

Way too early to even give a guess but I don't see how life in the TVC will be better than the OVC.
Excluding Athens, I'd say the competition will be about the same, but the travel and rivalries will both be better.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Excluding Athens and Nelsonville-York.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

Fairland, Chesapeake, Coal Grove, South Point, Rock Hill

Meigs, Wellston, Nelsonville York, Vinton County, Alexander

There isn't a whole lot of difference in competition between the schools listed. If you are looking at the big two sports, Nelsonville probably has the most consistently good football team while Chesapeake has the most consistently good basketball team. The second most consistently good football team listed is probably Coal Grove with Vinton County coming in second in basketball. Coal Grove has had Meigs number in football in recent years although Meigs did eek out a win last season. The Fairland and Meigs football series has been pretty even as well. Most years in basketball Chesapeake blows everyone in the TVC including Athens and Vinton County out by 20 plus. Like I said, excluding Athens, I'm not really seeing how the TVC is going to be much different than what River Valley faced in the OVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

If RV can get there kids in the weight room and get some consistency in the coaching staff they could turn things around.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote:If RV can get there kids in the weight room and get some consistency in the coaching staff they could turn things around.
that was Athens problem for years. Need a coach that makes the kids want to play football

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Prince of Darkness wrote:Fairland, Chesapeake, Coal Grove, South Point, Rock Hill

There isn't a whole lot of difference in competition between the schools listed. If you are looking at the big two sports, Nelsonville probably has the most consistently good football team while Chesapeake has the most consistently good basketball team. The second most consistently good football team listed is probably Coal Grove with Vinton County coming in second in basketball. Coal Grove has had Meigs number in football in recent years although Meigs did eek out a win last season. The Fairland and Meigs football series has been pretty even as well. Most years in basketball Chesapeake blows everyone in the TVC including Athens and Vinton County out by 20 plus. Like I said, excluding Athens, I'm not really seeing how the TVC is going to be much different than what River Valley faced in the OVC.
Chesapeake could only beat Athens by 20 is if Athens started the game down 50.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

3-7

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

5/5

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Prince of Darkness wrote:Fairland, Chesapeake, Coal Grove, South Point, Rock Hill

Do not let Athens recent success go to your head. Chesapeake puts basketball teams on the hardwood like the one Athens has this year almost every year. They are consistently year in and year out one of the best basketball programs in the area.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RAIDER6309 wrote:

I think Mommy and Daddy need to take your computer away for a while Jr.

Pull your head out of your butt and look around. Before you start running your mouth you might want to know what your talking about.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chesapeake is a good team but not 20pts better than Athens and VC. VC and Chesapeake are pretty close. Tvc and ovc basketball is equal but tvc football is a big difference. Athens, NY, and meigs will be brutal for RV
Last edited by Raider6309 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Prince if darkness.. the last time those elite basketball players from Chesapeake played VC, they lost. Ill check out the records later today just to prove your statement completely bogus.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Did River Valley win any league games when it was part of the SEOAL ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Viking96 wrote:Did River Valley win any league games when it was part of the SEOAL ?
from 94-97 they weren't bad in the seoal, Mid pack, 98-01 or 02 they didn't win a game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Would like to see their actually league record feom they're tenure in seoal

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seoal river valley
1994 2-4
1995 2-4