Fort Frye 21 @ Belpre 35 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye 21 @ Belpre 35 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

Anyone know why Fort Frye is traveling to Belpre 2 years in a row?
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mister b
SEOP

Re: Fort Frye @ Belpre Week 1

Post by mister b »

My guess would be that both schools wanted it this way for budgetary reasons to even out the revenue from year to year.

FF had 6 road games last year, both Belpre and Waterford were on the road.

Playing Belpre on the road again while hosting Waterford this year gives them a good, solid home gate every year.

Also, it would appear to be the same for Belpre since they should be at both FF and Waterford this season.

Revenue flow is my guess. Other than that, who knows. JMHO

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Hope them Eagles put on a great debut. Think they will do very well this year.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

vctransplant wrote:Hope them Eagles put on a great debut. Think they will do very well this year.
Eagles had them beat last year until Manney got hurt and Chandler Lang took over for the Cadets. Manney is healthy now and thankfully Lang has graduated as he was a great player for Fort and the reason they were so successful.I think Belpre returns enough players to win this year and look for an opening day victory over the Cadets.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I wouldn't say Fort Frye only won because Manny got hurt. In the 2nd half Fort scored on every drive including a sweet 70 yard TD by Shuster. It's hard to win when you allow 41 points that being said Belpre is huge favorite in this one and I wish it was later in the yr because Fort Frye has loads of talent they just need experience. I think they will 40-45 players this yr. They return 4 lineman who played a lot all Srs- Wittekind (4 yr starter) , Levi Baker (3 yr Starter) , Luke Yates (3 yr stater), Brandon Close (3 yr starter). Also 2 jrs that made starts last year in Gerran Knotts and Zach Hupp. 2 skills players that didn't play last yr return in RB Jr Tanner Rice and WR Devin Waterman. QB will most likely by the coaches brother Terran Huck who is decent passer. 3 best players will be SO Garrett Lockery QB/Wr/RB who could see snaps as a running QB. Derek Layton Jr fb/LB and team leader. The breakout star and stud will be SO Brady Carptenter who will play Chandlers LB spot and lead the team in rushing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye gets a transfer out of Cincinnati a RB by the name of Baker. I'll post more later.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye gets a transfer out of Cincinnati a RB by the name of Baker. I'll post more later.
Dad is Chad?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm not sure his cousin Levi Baker started at Right Tackle last yr and is a Sr this yr.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kids name is Clay Baker he's a sophomore and will play RB/WR from what I hear he's a pretty good player.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye looked sharp vs Parkersburg In the passing scrimmage.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Should be a fun one. I'm not sure Fort has the speed to beat Belpre. They are deep and I think they will have huge advantage in the trenches.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:Should be a fun one. I'm not sure Fort has the speed to beat Belpre. They are deep and I think they will have huge advantage in the trenches.
Don't know how deep they are since they still have only 27 players but they have a lot of talent on offense and should be able to score some points. They are still a very young team with only 1 senior,Manney Tullius and they still have a lot of work to do on defense. JJ Huddle has them listed as a team to watch in DVl and predicts them to go to the playoffs as the 7th seed.I think it will be a close game and I see Belpre winning by a touchdown if they can play decent defense.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sorry I meant Fort Frye is deep and should have a huge advantages in the trenches. I saw then rotating at WR, RB , FB without a huge drop off. Last night Lockery, Lewis , Close , Layton , Baker , and Carpenter all saw carries. I think they have way more skills guys this year but do not have a stud like Lang. That being said they have a nice line off Baker SR, Yates Sr, Wittekind Sr, Winters Jr , and Knotts Jr. They still have at least 3 solid backups on the line 2. I think the Cadets will try to slow the game down and smash it but they do have a nice wr core in Rice jr, Waterman jr , Lockery So , and Lewis So. I'm excited to watch these boys develop. Fort has 44 players I believe. Should be a good early test for both.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I hear that the Eagles are very explosive. Hear the skill players can score at any time a d that you cant stack the box on them to stop the run cause you have to respect their Qb 's arm and the speed of their wide out. Should help their run game out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

How did belpre do in the jamboree?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:How did belpre do in the jamboree?
Scoreless for almost 3 quarters although Belpre had a couple of chances to score inside the red zone and didn't take advantage of them.Also dropped a wide open pass down the right sideline. Wirt missed an opportunity in the red zone also but managed to score on a QB draw with about 1 minute left to win the Varsity session 6-0. Belpre 2nd team won the 4th quarter against Wirt's JVs 6-0.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm just not sure if Belpre will be able to stop Fort Frye from getting 5 yards a carry. This one will come down to who makes mistakes. I think Belpre will have the advantage there since it's Millers 3rd yr starting. I'll take Eagles 21-13

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

EasternDspy wrote:I'm just not sure if Belpre will be able to stop Fort Frye from getting 5 yards a carry. This one will come down to who makes mistakes. I think Belpre will have the advantage there since it's Millers 3rd yr starting. I'll take Eagles 21-13
I hope your right.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Week 1 Friday night lights

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Action packed so far! Tullis ran back opening kick.. Then Huck threw a pick... Then 70 yard td Miller to Bedgood. Then 25 yard run by Fort Fryes Kacey Lewis makes it 14-7Eagles 5 to go in 1st.

Return to “Football”