Belpre Football 2014

orange and black
Freshman Team

Belpre Football 2014

Post by orange and black »

What are anyone's thought for this year? Predictions, players to watch, ect? I don't live around the area anymore wanted to catch up and see how my alma mater is looking this year in scrimmages/practice.

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: Belpre Football 2014

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagles are still young with only 1 senior but return a lot of skill position players from last year including Sr. RB Manney Tullius, Jr.,Qb Tavian Miller both All Ohio Honorable Mention selections the past two years.Also So. Dijon Bedgood,Jr Trent McCoy at receivers. Line should be decent with returning players being a little older and bigger.I feel Belpre can win 7 or 8 games if they can play good defense and protect the QB.looking forward to a good season for the Eagles.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

From reading the last couple years Tullius is going to put up a monster year and Miller at QB with Bedgood should also help out the offense. Not sure how the defense is going to look haven't seen belpre play in a few years but if they build off of last year I can see 7 or 8 wins as we'll. how many players are expected this year before we lose a couple due to grades, or quitting?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

How are the numbers?
The lack of depth kills Belpre every year.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Orange and Brown wrote:How are the numbers?
You are right,the numbers are still only around 27,hopefully they will all stay eligible and on the team.They can't afford many injuries as many of them must play both sides of the ball.Depth will still play a big role in their success.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Good luck to them Eagles. Love to see the underdog go above 500.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:How are the numbers?
You are right,the numbers are still only around 27,hopefully they will all stay eligible and on the team.They can't afford many injuries as many of them must play both sides of the ball.Depth will still play a big role in their success.
Every year, Belpre is young and every year the Eagles must fight two constant problems, stay healthy and stay eligible.

With appox 27 players and only 1 senior, Belpre should gain a ton of experience this year and SHOULD return over 20 lettermen for next season. Thats pretty darn good for a school of our size. I say "should" because there will be plenty of game time to go around and plenty of chances to EARN, not be given, a varsity letter with only 27 players on the squad.

If Belpre can stay healthy and stay eligible, they could very finish in the top 3 of the Hocking division.

Best of luck and good health to coach Adams, his staff and the Golden Eagles this season and thank you to our lone senior Manny Tullius.

As always...play hard, play smart and...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Return to “Football”