Wk2 Oak Hill(1-0) vs Wheelersburg(1-0)

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Wk2 Oak Hill(1-0) vs Wheelersburg(1-0)

Post by bluedevil21 »

Oakhill coming of a big win off of Chesapeake but can the oaks pull through a win off of the mighty Wheelersburg who ran all over the feared Ironton Fighting Tigers .Will this be a shut out or close game no one know that's what so great about the beginning of the season its so unpredictable . so what are your thoughts on this match up

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Wk2 Oak Hill(1-0) vs Wheelersburg(1-0)

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg rolls in this one.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg by a ton!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

DA BERG!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Where are the oak hill posters? What is oak hill going to bring? From what I have heard they like to throw the ball quite a bit. Burg has a pretty balanced approach. They like to do onside kicks as we seen last week! Burg defense is very stingy and swarm to the ball! Quick dline could be trouble for the oaks if the do pass!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Burg hasnt been tested yet Ironton was out of shape and slow they had some size but wasnt that effective.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Imo
Coal grove, west, and Minford will be good test for burg as far as opponent defense! Tough offenses they will face will be Portsmouth and valley. No team on their schedule have both.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Burg by a bunch!

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Oak Hill will not be blown out of this game. I would take 14 points and the Oaks.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

After seeing the Burg, I'll say they go 10-0..9-1..Oak Hill, no test.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

closer then the experts think! Burg wins to good of a line!

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Wheelersburg Pirates get the win in a hard fought game.
**After the game the Oak Hill administration decides that it WILL join the SOC II next year instead of taking the hardware away from the smaller SOC I schools. :122245

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

JMO think Oaks, Ironton and Portsmouth should all be in the SOC 2.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Pirates cruise!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

local superstar wrote:JMO think Oaks, Ironton and Portsmouth should all be in the SOC 2.
Portsmouth and Ironton yes.. Oak hill no.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I can't believe no1 is talking about this game.... The last time burg traveled to oak hill they got their hind end beat!! Does oak hill have band wagon fans or true fans? When the chips are down no1 wants to talk about their school. I'm proud to be a pirate fan even in the past when they had a down year! You have to get behind these kids and encourage them to be successful! :!:

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Oak Hill needs to replace Wheelersburg with Wellston who is coming off the schedule after this year. Just as good a gate, more competitive game every year, and a good rivalry. Those two schools should play every year. They should also try to get Alexander back on the schedule, not that far in terms of traveling distance and good road. Minford brings a good gate so they need to keep them, Chesapeake will not be down forever and its a good non-league as well as Rock Hill which is somewhat of a rival from Oak Hill's past. As far as moving up, I have been told by people who would know that Oak Hill doesn't have to move up according to the SOC charter, unless they want to. Look at it in these terms, Oakhill has been able to play the non-league schedule they have and make the play-offs and still remain in the SOC I. If they want to "prepare for the playoffs" as some people think you have to do, then beef up the non league schedule. You have to have some games where you can heal and catch your breath, or you may not have anything but an injury riddled team at the end of the year. People forget how down the Oaks were about 2005, a school their size experiences cycles of athletes If they experience a down of cycle athletes in the SOC I they might not win the league but they have a chance to compete. They experience a down cycle of athletes in the SOC II it is a disaster of a season. Why would they leave, it makes no sense.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Oak Hill has only 25 less boys that Green, Sciotoville and ND combined.
Yes, Oak Hill is allowed stay where they are and bring home the hardware every year if they wish.
But just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
The league is out of balance right now and the SOC II needs one or two more teams. Oak Hill would make a nice fit.
If you're making the playoffs almost every year you can compete in the SOCII. JMHO.
Now, about Northwest. :122248

StCRedDevils
Riding the Bench

Post by StCRedDevils »

Good Luck Burg from your friends in St. Clairsville! Hoping for a Burg/StC matchup in the playoffs this year as long as we both get there (which I fully expect to happen). Would like to see us start up our game again now that we are in the same division and region. I know it is a trek for both of us but it was a good series!

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Charles Farquar wrote:Oak Hill needs to replace Wheelersburg with Wellston who is coming off the schedule after this year. Just as good a gate, more competitive game every year, and a good rivalry. Those two schools should play every year. They should also try to get Alexander back on the schedule, not that far in terms of traveling distance and good road. Minford brings a good gate so they need to keep them, Chesapeake will not be down forever and its a good non-league as well as Rock Hill which is somewhat of a rival from Oak Hill's past. As far as moving up, I have been told by people who would know that Oak Hill doesn't have to move up according to the SOC charter, unless they want to. Look at it in these terms, Oakhill has been able to play the non-league schedule they have and make the play-offs and still remain in the SOC I. If they want to "prepare for the playoffs" as some people think you have to do, then beef up the non league schedule. You have to have some games where you can heal and catch your breath, or you may not have anything but an injury riddled team at the end of the year. People forget how down the Oaks were about 2005, a school their size experiences cycles of athletes If they experience a down of cycle athletes in the SOC I they might not win the league but they have a chance to compete. They experience a down cycle of athletes in the SOC II it is a disaster of a season. Why would they leave, it makes no sense.
1. Wellston travels to Oak Hill in Week 4 this year so they can't replace Burg this year.
2. Agree with keeping Rock Hill and Wellston for non-conference and also Minford if in SOC I or keeping Symmes Valley if they move up to SOC II; I think adding Dawson-Bryant to the schedule would be good too, it'd be a really good game.
3. If Oak Hill moves up with the addition of Eastern to SOC I Football, scheduling would be easier with 6 teams in each division rather than 7 teams in SOC I and 5 teams in SOC II and actually balances the divisions for the 1st time since... (I honestly don't know when lol)
4. Looking back as far as 2006 when Valley first started in SOC II, when Oak Hill had a winning season, in most games, they competed with teams from SOC II and even won a few games while going undefeated in conference play except for 2008 when they suffered a loss to East going 4-1 that year.
5. When Oak Hill finished .500 or below, yes they were blown out by teams from SOC II excluding Northwest :roll: but also only went 2-2 those years in conference play getting blown out also in their losses in most games, if they have an off year, they're still going to suffer some bad losses regardless of which division they are in
6. Something that I also think may help Oak Hill and maybe even Northwest and Symmes Valley is for a more organized JV conference in the SOC. After next year when Eastern goes to Varsity football only, there will only be 8 teams in JV (Minford, NW, OH, SV, Valley, Waverly, West, Burg). There would be no need for any divisions. Allow for 1-2 non-conference games and then in week 3, start conference play and go round robin playing 7 conference games and give the JV kids an opportunity to play for a conference title. The SVC does it and they manage pretty good and if you compare the JV teams in the SOC to the SVC in terms of state divisions, they're very similar. Just a suggestion lol
7. To keep on track with the topic, I think Oak Hill will be able to keep up with Burg through the 1st 3 quarters before Burg pulls away and win it at Davis Stadium, 42-27 Burg.

Return to “Football”