WEEK 4 COAL GROVE (2-1) @ RACELAND (3-1)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

WEEK 4 COAL GROVE (2-1) @ RACELAND (3-1)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

this should be 1 of the better games in the area tonight!!!
thoughts ?

Bad Press
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 4 COAL GROVE (2-1) @ RACELAND (3-1)

Post by Bad Press »

hey jay think you might be able to coach us past a team with a winning record

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Hornet785 wrote:hey jay think you might be able to coach us past a team with a winning record
raceland gonna try air ball out in this game !!! play good pass defense and i think CG can come up with win here in a high scoring close game!!!

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Hornet785 wrote:hey jay think you might be able to coach us past a team with a winning record
I take it that you're not a fan of the Lucas's?

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

we cant get enough points to make playoffs so we schedule finney who were 1-9 last year and well not real good this year and it seems we havent beat a team with a winning record for a while.and you cant really blame big dad hes just there doesnt really coach much. as well as the other coaches they are just there. so if you are going to do everything then you get the blame as well as the credit if you could beat someone to deserve any. i will say this if valley staff had the grove kids. they would have beat his team by 40

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I will say this, our kids are successful at the biddy league level and junior high but that success is not carried over to high school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS SHOULD BE A DANDY GAME.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

From what I read the Rams struggled in their shutout win over Green Up County yesterday.

Should be a good game with the Rams posting the win.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

i see the raceland game like this. if raceland throws cg will play off 10 yard and let them play pitch and catch. our defense coordinator wont mix it up and may bump them at the line some. raceland will hit some big plays. if grove gets down they will panick and go to the vaunted spread and turn it over . at half raceland will adjust and make a couple more big plays. cg grove will adjust and well i take that back havent seen us adjust at half and make a difference in a game for awhile. basically another loss to a team with a winning record. maybe when can the league one last time before ironton and portmouth take over. since the ovc may have 10 wins combined. sometimes you have to realize maybe your not good enough or that you need a lot of good help.and im talking about jay and the the shadow staff not the players

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Grove needs this win!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Grove needs this win!!
LOL u promoting all these L2 points sounds like u may be scared of the valley game !!!! hint hint

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Man its hs football anything can happen. Lol I think wheelersburg is a better team than valley and they should win, however valley has had burgs number the last few years!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Also if cg wants to make the playoffs they need this win!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Man its hs football anything can happen. Lol I think wheelersburg is a better team than valley and they should win, however valley has had burgs number the last few years!
The last 3 years 8) , and if we get our two 300 pounders back (2 starting lineman who have yet to play this year) we will be fine...alllll that aside.

Good Luck Grove...one of us will need the L2's!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

chicken_coop wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Man its hs football anything can happen. Lol I think wheelersburg is a better team than valley and they should win, however valley has had burgs number the last few years!
The last 3 years 8) , and if we get our two 300 pounders back (2 starting lineman who have yet to play this year) we will be fine...alllll that aside.

Don't count you chickens before they hatch! I wouldn't bank on valleys line being able to stop burgs! No1 has yet!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

Don't count you chickens before they hatch! I wouldn't bank on valleys line being able to stop burgs! No1 has yet!
No need for us to thread jack, I didn't say we would win...I said we will be fine, and we will..

Back on topic.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

cg problem with points : we dont get many points from the teams we beat because they dont beat anybody. and we cant beat anybody that we could get points off of. :meaning we cant beat anyone with a winning record. thats gettnrdone jay. all before i forget think the grove could take time to practice a little tackling. i know its not that important but u know just in case we need it. why do the kids that come in as freshman seem to want and know how to hit and by the time they are seniors they forget. hmmm. could be after 4 years its taken out of them.the jr high scores yoy heard friday night were just like these seniors in jr high. dont know why they get worse in 4 years. Hey that jr high coach isnt interested in moving up is he?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hornet785 wrote:cg problem with points : we dont get many points from the teams we beat because they dont beat anybody. and we cant beat anybody that we could get points off of. :meaning we cant beat anyone with a winning record. thats gettnrdone jay. all before i forget think the grove could take time to practice a little tackling. i know its not that important but u know just in case we need it. why do the kids that come in as freshman seem to want and know how to hit and by the time they are seniors they forget. hmmm. could be after 4 years its taken out of them.the jr high scores yoy heard friday night were just like these seniors in jr high. dont know why they get worse in 4 years. Hey that jr high coach isnt interested in moving up is he?
I am going to hopefully answer some of your questions seeing I am the one usually on here with these complaints.

1. I agree with everything you say, if you look back at this senior classes Jr. High season, you would see that they rolled Lucasville that year, so the talent is the same what changes, could be coaching.

2. You mentioned in an earlier post why don't we ever make adjustments during the games, this is an easy one to answer, you would have to know what is going on in the game to make adjustments, it's pretty sad that during the Valley game Jay called a timeout and a kid in the student section yelled that was the best call you made all night.

3. As for tackling, I have been on this topic for 5 years, and the answer I keep getting is that they boys don't even hit during practice due to fear of lawsuits if someone gets hurt, I don't buy this answer but that is what I am told.

The may problem is the lack of respect that the players have for the coaching staff as a whole, but what do you expect when a player pushes a coach and is not only still on the team but starting.

As for this weeks game, I feel the Hornets can win this game is they just correct the small mistakes they are making, if they don't then it will be a blowout.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

Go Big Grove for all your naysayers about the Grove!!!!

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Said it before and will say it again, LACK OF DISCIPLINE.

Return to “Football”