Week 6 Notre Dame @ Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Week 6 Notre Dame @ Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Here is a strange twist for you, Northwest has a "home game" at their opponents home field?! Mohawks need to be wary of the "week after" let down having pulled off the upset in Willow Wood last Friday night. Notre Dame is struggling this year but, they are still Notre Dame and if the Mohawks are not well prepared the Titans will make them pay. Again, it will be on the shoulders of the NW defense to give the Mohawks a chance to win. Hopefully the offense will continue to improve and the Mohawks will even their record at 3-3 overall and go 2-0 in conference play!

alabama mike
SE

Re: Week 6 Notre Dame @ Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Post by alabama mike »

NW must focus this week in practice. Once the team steps on the practice field tomorrow, they need to forget about last Fridays win against SV. The Mohawks won their first game of the year against SE and then had a bad week of practice and gave the game to RH. Hopefully, they learned their lesson and will have one of the players take leadership this week in practice. Best of luck to CBF, his staff and the players!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

alabama mike wrote:NW must focus this week in practice. Once the team steps on the practice field tomorrow, they need to forget about last Fridays win against SV. The Mohawks won their first game of the year against SE and then had a bad week of practice and gave the game to RH. Hopefully, they learned their lesson and will have one of the players take leadership this week in practice. Best of luck to CBF, his staff and the players!
Amen to that!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

If NW is solid and strong enough to beat SV at SV I cant see ND beating them . Hate to pick against my team but I'll go with my head not my heart in this one . Hopefully I'm wrong .

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

When was the last time any Northwest football team was 2-0 in their conference in the past 65 years? I'm thinking with a win over the Titans Friday night these kids may very well be the first Mohawk team to do that! Must stay focused this week in practice and 48 minutes worth of focused Friday night at Spartan Stadium! Be wary of the Titans fellas! Throw the records out, they mean nothing. ND is well coached and steeped in rich football tradition. 48 minutes away from a new era of football in McDermott with a win, or more of the same with a loss. This game is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MOHAWKS!!

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Mohawks need this win, and if they get it they might be a real contender in the conference. They have a good bit of talent so if they can learn how to win watch out it might get contagious. Look for a big Mohawk following Friday night with all the youth program kids in attendance and their parents. I believe they are all going to be recognized before the game. Hopefully the whole community will get behind them and have a strong showing at Spartan stadium.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

CBF and staff are working hard everyday to get things turned around. The players have to do in the game what they have been taught in practice. Hopefully, the young Mohawks will continue to make progress. Best of luck Friday night!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:Mohawks need this win, and if they get it they might be a real contender in the conference. They have a good bit of talent so if they can learn how to win watch out it might get contagious. Look for a big Mohawk following Friday night with all the youth program kids in attendance and their parents. I believe they are all going to be recognized before the game. Hopefully the whole community will get behind them and have a strong showing at Spartan stadium.
This is a perfect venue for the youth kids and parents to be recognized! Maybe this will convince these kids and their folks that NW football is for real and they will all want to stay home at NW and be a part of an upcoming program! Again.......THIS GAME IS HUGE!! GO MOHAWKS!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I was privileged to watch the NW/Minford game and there were some kids on NW that I was impressed with. The FB for one is a horse and IMO if NW would open the line gap they could open some nice holes for him to run through. Also the secondary was stout and hit hard. If they continue to play that way on defense I can see them going 4-1 in conference play.

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Mohwawks 26-12 on a muddy field.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:
Jorge Sandusky wrote:Mohawks need this win, and if they get it they might be a real contender in the conference. They have a good bit of talent so if they can learn how to win watch out it might get contagious. Look for a big Mohawk following Friday night with all the youth program kids in attendance and their parents. I believe they are all going to be recognized before the game. Hopefully the whole community will get behind them and have a strong showing at Spartan stadium.
This is a perfect venue for the youth kids and parents to be recognized! Maybe this will convince these kids and their folks that NW football is for real and they will all want to stay home at NW and be a part of an upcoming program! Again.......THIS GAME IS HUGE!! GO MOHAWKS!!

The perfect venue is being introduced at a "home game" at Spartan Stadium?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:I was privileged to watch the NW/Minford game and there were some kids on NW that I was impressed with. The FB for one is a horse and IMO if NW would open the line gap they could open some nice holes for him to run through. Also the secondary was stout and hit hard. If they continue to play that way on defense I can see them going 4-1 in conference play.
Sounds great, go NORTHWEST!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Game Day! Good Luck tonight Mohawks!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Mowhawks 34-0

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

The Oaf wrote:Mowhawks 34-0
WOW!! I felt they could win but not by that margin! Congrats!!

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Nice win, defense looked impressive. Should go to 3-0 in the SOC next week hosting the Green bobcats.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats NW!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Get on it :shock: Mohawks! Great job!

09sportfan09
Waterboy

Post by 09sportfan09 »

I was disappointed in the lack of class that was displayed by NW fans at that game. I understand that it was difficult and unfortunate that they had to play their home game at their opponent's stadium, but the comments that I overheard NW fans say to and about ND fans (in the bathroom, concession stand line, ticket line, and the stands) was frankly pathetic and shocking.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

There is a "right way to win". I would guess this is a small group of people that don't understand -- as the years in the past they have not had much success.
NW basically ran a pee-wee offense of the "big" back up the middle and ND could not match their size. That type of game will work in this situation.
I don't like being on the receiving end of a butt kicking but it happens. NW community is hungry for wins and a feeling of accomplishment.

Hopefully ND gets in the weight room and competes well next year.

As far a the comments --- let them run off your back.

Return to “Football”