WEEK 7: LOGAN (3-3) @ JACKSON (6-0)

doubleplay643
S

WEEK 7: LOGAN (3-3) @ JACKSON (6-0)

Post by doubleplay643 »

League title most likely on the line in this one.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: WEEK 7: LOGAN (3-3) @ JACKSON (6-0)

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

doubleplay643 wrote:League title most likely on the line in this one.

Really? Based on what?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:League title most likely on the line in this one.

Really? Based on what?
First of all I said "most likely", I wasn't trying to be a "Richard", lol geez everyone is so sensitive these days.

Second of all in case you have been absent for the last couple years there are 5 teams in the league left this year and then 4 next year. So it isn't real difficult to take a look at the results after six games played (5 non-league and 1 league for Jackson, Logan, Portsmouth and 6 non-league for Gallia) and draw some general conclusions.

Portsmouth lost their starting QB who is apparently out for the season and dropped a league game last night to Logan. "Most likely" not going to be in the the 5-team league title hunt. "Most likely" will lose more than one league game.

Warren dropped their first game to Jackson last night, they have some nice athletes and some big kids, but picked up a head coach late in the season, so "most likely" they will not be in the hunt for our 5-team league title hunt. "Most likely" will lose more than one league game.

Gallia hasn't played any league games yet, but are under yet another coaching staff in the last couple years, and are 2-4 in non-league play. Seems to be some struggles from on outsiders perspective, not being anything but objective. Most likely will lose more than one league game and will be out of the discussion.

Logan is 3-3 and 1-0 in league play. Their losses were in overtime to Lancaster and by just a few points to a Teays Valley team that is ranked 5th in Division 2 Region 5 and to Loudonville who will most likely make it to the State final 4 in Division 6. They are rolling and have beat Portsmouth, and "most likely" will be favored in their other league match-ups, and after all they won it last year.

Jackson is 6-0 and 1-0 in league play, and although they played their worst game of the season last night seem to be rolling along and "most likely" will compete favorably in the remaining league games against Portsmouth and Gallia.

So, GalliaGrad 78....to answer your question, really..."most likely" that is what it is based on.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Most likely are very good word for now

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

I think Logan wins, and Proves Jackson is not a contender in region 9

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It will be a dandy, it usually is. Chiefs will have to tighten up on the D side of the ball to win @ Jackson. I'm looking for it to be another tough battle again. GO CHIEFS!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jackson won't be touched this year in the regular season.. I thought Jackson looked questionable on film... And well they answered my questions.. As for this game it won't be a blowout because Jackson likes to sustain drives, I think the ironmen walk away with a 2-3 TD win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:I think Logan wins, and Proves Jackson is not a contender in region 9
no matter the out come....Jackson will be a contender in their region

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Gallia "most Likely" have the possibility of 2 league wins, with neither being Logan Or Jackson.. The winner of Jackson/Logan will definitely have the inside track to the league title.... Don't see any upsets the remainder of the year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jackson wins by 15

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Jackson won't be touched this year in the regular season.. I thought Jackson looked questionable on film... And well they answered my questions.. As for this game it won't be a blowout because Jackson likes to sustain drives, I think the ironmen walk away with a 2-3 TD win.
Yep.Ditto.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

noreply66 wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:I think Logan wins, and Proves Jackson is not a contender in region 9
Jackson stands no chance to compete with Desales, Athens, and Tri-Valley. Just saying.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
Jackson stands no chance to compete with Desales, Athens, and Tri-Valley. Just saying.
Jackson's defense could keep them in these games

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Huge game with a lot of computer points again.

Jackson just needs to find a way to win and come out healthy.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Obviously a long way to go this season but a Jackson win here would all but secure a home game in week 11. Even if they do slip up in the final few weeks. Logan on the other hand can position themselves to earn another SEOAL title as Jackson has shown to be the toughest team in the league so far. I have seen Logan and they are very talented and quick. Should be another great battle in a long line of Logan/Jackson match ups.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Should be a good game and could be closer than many may think.
Jackson should win but never know Logan seems to be clicking pretty good right now.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Don't see Jackson going anywhere in the playoffs, which they will make. And its safe to say the winner of the Logan -Jackson game will be the odds on favorite to win the league title. Its Logan - Jackson and anything can happen. Looking for a good game.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Paladin wrote:Don't see Jackson going anywhere in the playoffs, which they will make. And its safe to say the winner of the Logan -Jackson game will be the odds on favorite to win the league title. Its Logan - Jackson and anything can happen. Looking for a good game.
I see Logan going home with a losing record and the IRONMEN moving on to next team. Jackson by at least 14

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Logan's ability to pass is an X-Factor, if they can throw the ball with consistency, they have a fighting chance. But as always GO BIG RED!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Best thing about this game is that Paladin will not longer pollute Jackson threads after they beat Logan. Sorry, 66 and some others who are true fans of H.S. sports and of Logan, but this guy, just places a sour taste into too many people!

Return to “Football”