Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

coop
SEOPS

Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Post by coop »

Big game for the Indians and Pirates this week. If Burg wins they assure themselves a share of the SOC2 crown and set up a championship showdown with West. If Valley wins they will still be alive for thier 4th consecutive SOC2 title. So...theres a lot to play for.

Should be a great crowd, and a good ballgame.

Burg is obviously the favorite...but I'm calling for an Indian "upset".

Valley 28
Burg 27

28Buck
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Post by 28Buck »

Burg too much for the Indians this year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I look for Burg to give an excellent performance and win this one. Burg by 2 scores.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:I look for Burg to give an excellent performance and win this one. Burg by 2 scores.
While this is absolutely reasonable...I know our kids will come to play. The Indians have to control the LOS and control the clock. Lets tee it up and see what happens.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know if coach Crabtree will be back for this game?

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Burg 42 Valley 20

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

izladoom wrote:Anyone know if coach Crabtree will be back for this game?
I'M SURE COACH WILL HAVE THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE. THERE OR NOT, HEALTH COMES FIRST! JMO

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

chicken_coop wrote:If Burg wins they assure themselves a share of the SOC2 crown and set up a championship showdown with West.
Not to be picky but a burg win doesn't guarantee them a share of the title.

This will be a great game

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:If Burg wins they assure themselves a share of the SOC2 crown and set up a championship showdown with West.

Very true...my apology.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I really don't know what to say about this game. Good luck burg!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:

No but it would set up a huge game. But one game at a time. Focus on Valley first. There is alot to prove IMO.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Why is this being played at W'burg again this year?

Is it because of the SOCII realignment?

If so, does Valley get the next two years at home vs. W'burg?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Vladimir wrote:Why is this being played at W'burg again this year?

Is it because of the SOCII realignment?

If so, does Valley get the next two years at home vs. W'burg?
LOL..yeah. Would be nice if Valley got the next two years at home, but that won't happen. It is at Burg again because of the realignment.
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

chicken_coop wrote:Big game for the Indians and Pirates this week. If Burg wins they assure themselves a share of the SOC2 crown and set up a championship showdown with West. If Valley wins they will still be alive for thier 4th consecutive SOC2 title. So...theres a lot to play for.

Valley 28
Burg 27
Why would you say Burg is obviously the favorite? Valley has won 3 years in a row and 2 of those were in the Burg?

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

Burg isthe obvious favorite because Valley lost to West. You have a point and I am a Valley grad/fan but...Burg is the favorite this year. Hate 2 in a row @ the hill.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley is very skilled. Difference between this year and those other teams is the O and D lines. Valley can stop the run, but at a sacrifice in defending the pass. If wheelersburg is able to effectively throw the ball I could see a fairly convincing wheelersburg win.
Have to pull for Valley though. A Valley win does guarantee West at least a share of the title. So..Go Valley! -Man that's weird saying that. :-D

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Sport Fan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Big game for the Indians and Pirates this week. If Burg wins they assure themselves a share of the SOC2 crown and set up a championship showdown with West. If Valley wins they will still be alive for thier 4th consecutive SOC2 title. So...theres a lot to play for.

Valley 28
Burg 27
Why would you say Burg is obviously the favorite? Valley has won 3 years in a row and 2 of those were in the Burg?
I say that because as stated, they are tied for 1st in the SOC, state ranked, at home, only loss to an undefeated team, and it obvious that Wheelersburg has played well all year. I'm not saying Valley cant win, because they absolutely can.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:Valley is very skilled. Difference between this year and those other teams is the O and D lines. Valley can stop the run, but at a sacrifice in defending the pass. If wheelersburg is able to effectively throw the ball I could see a fairly convincing wheelersburg win.
Have to pull for Valley though. A Valley win does guarantee West at least a share of the title. So..Go Valley! -Man that's weird saying that. :-D
The line is the key. If #50 is able to play itll help majorly, he was out against West.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

chicken_coop wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

Valley 28
Burg 27
I say that because as stated, they are tied for 1st in the SOC, state ranked, at home, only loss to an undefeated team, and it obvious that Wheelersburg has played well all year. I'm not saying Valley cant win, because they absolutely can.
I agree. Wheelersburg has to be the favorite. Being at home is a big advantage. Plus, the Pirates are just playing better right now and making fewer mistakes right now. If the Indians can settle down and play error free. This will be another classic. If Valley comes out focused and plays mistake free. They will win in a close game (similar to the past 3 years). But if the come out flat and make the same mistakes they have made the past 2 weeks. It will be a long night for the Indians and potentially double digit win for the Burg.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Burg just has too much this year , plus the Indians magical SOC run has been broken and not that they can accept defeat easier , but that aura of " we dont lose" is now gone . Burg by 16 . Say 36-20 .

Return to “Football”