Lots of penalties

jottings
SEOPS H

Lots of penalties

Post by jottings »

In the Gallipolis at Warren Local game last evening, officials called 29 penalties, 16 on Gallipolis and 13 on Warren Local. GAHS was penalized 149 yards, Warren 135, a total of 284 walked off in penaltie29
Last edited by jottings on Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Re: Lots of penalties

Post by bigbluedad »

I call bull...., these guys should not be allowed to call another game the rest of the year absolutely horrible!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

When two bad teams play bad football, this is what you get! Both teams were ragged and ugly!

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

bigbluedad wrote:I call bull...., these guys should not be allowed to call another game the rest of the year absolutely horrible!
Well, if they're legitimate penalties there's no crying about it. From the looks of it at least it was called both ways typically you see someone complaining about one team being called for 15 penalties and another for 3 but in this case looks even. I'm sure they wanted to call that many plays that way they could prolong the game and get more money, oh wait they just get paid a set amount. Complain about something else like why was your team being called for so many penalties someone said bad teams do bad things. I'm sure some of the penalties weren't necessary but you know what i'm sure they let some go also. Worry about cleaning it up from a team standpoint and not worry about the refs so much.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Hasn't that been the trend this year at Gallipolis. When you guys played Chesapeake I remember quite a few penalties being called on you guys. At least they were calling them last night at the CG-Chesapeake game CG was throwing punches holding late hits out of bounds all of this right in front of the official and nothing was called. Oh wait yes there was the penalty on Chesapeake for unsportsman for driving the runner out of bounds. Coaches had to run next to the official on a facemask where the head came round before the official made the call. Chesapeake was beaten by the better team but officals made it worse. One of the worst called games I have seen in a long time. So some call them some don't. We can all complain about the officials cause they just keep getting worse and worse over the years. Problem is if you complain to loud now a days they can throw you out. Most official today have the god syndrome and know they can do whatever they want and no one is going to stop them.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Of course it's always going to be bad at certain games and it's going to look like you're getting homered. Some penalties are obvious from the stands some not to much. There's classes ppl can take to become an official start with Pee Wee dabble in a little bit of Junior High and if you can land a crew could see some freshmen and JV games before making it to Varsity games.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

the officiating in this game was horrible. the funniest thing was early in the game. flags were thrown by each of the side judges before ball was snapped. the receiver closest to gallia's sideline was supposed to go in motion but his first 2 steps were toward the line of scrimmage. the receiver on the other side scene him move and he took 3 steps forward. when he did this gallia academy linebacker who was blitzing went. the officials conference on booth sides. the people in the warren stands were shouting how long does it take to call illegal procedure on us. after about a 3 minute conference call was off sides on gallia academy. everyone was stunned not even the gallia people booed. everyone was to shocked. there was a unsportsmanlike personal foul called that the official either marked off 9 yards from the end of the play. 19 yards from the line line of scrimmage or 22 yards from where the flag was thrown. one off sides penalty was marked off 3 yards and one ten yards. on two different incomplete passes the line of scrimmage more then a yard when the ball was reset. a personal foul penalty was assessed in the end zone team awarded half the distance to the goal line still third down. the referee on a kickoff called a block below the waste on a kickoff return that was returned for a touchdown. when he finally walked up he threw the flag as the point of foul almost 70 yards away from where he was on the play.

there was some bad football played and lots of penalties committed and even more committed then called. but there was some bad officiating going on also. there was no home cooking. gallia had more penalties called on them. warren had the more questionable calls.

Return to “Football”