Judgement week

wobycat
SEOPS

Judgement week

Post by wobycat »

This week all things will be exposed like Miley Cyrus videos.

1st game ironton vs Jackson

Is ironton a contender or pretender? Well if ironton wins or stays close to Jackson, then yes. Why? Because Jackson is the measuring stick in our area. If they get beat by more than 3 Tds, then ironton may not have improved all that much.

2nd game

Valley at burg

The mental scare playing burg is no longer there for valley. Pirates have watch the Indians three times take the gold football home. Is this the year that burg flips it back? Or does valley continue to drive daggers into the hearts of burg fans?

3rd game

Northwest and oak hill

The Mohawks can outright win the soc1 with a win over the oaks. And get this. Can even sneak into playoffs by winning out and a lot of help. Either way, the move to soc1 may have been the right move. Or may not!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Judgement week

Post by Trojan_Pride »

cold hard facts= its high school sports, on any given night in any game the best team can still lose!!!!!!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

cg-ironton fan wrote:cold hard facts= its high school sports, on any given night in any game the best team can still lose!!!!!!!!!!
What are we talking about here?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

anyone who has went and watched all of ironton's games knows they have improved since week 1 regardless to outcome of jackson game!!!

hopefully daggers continue to get driven LOL

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

cg-ironton fan wrote:anyone who has went and watched all of ironton's games knows they have improved since week 1 regardless to outcome of jackson game!!!

On any given night, the best team gets drilled 42-16. Just saying that's two years in a row, tiger fan.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:anyone who has went and watched all of ironton's games knows they have improved since week 1 regardless to outcome of jackson game!!!

On any given night, the best team gets drilled 42-16. Just saying that's two years in a row, tiger fan.
then when outcome is not as bad as 27-0 what say you ????

cough cough furball!!!!!!!!! FLUKE LOL

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Let's see here. Burg got beat 28-0. Burg beat ironton 42-16. The way I see it. Jackson 70 ironton 16

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Is that the logic you use wobycat? If so,Valley beat Coal Grove 42-22. Burg be them 28-18. So Valley should beat Burg 10-0 and West should beat Burg 24-0. If were just picking scores to determine an outcome. I know you're probably joking, so am I.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

nutronron2012 wrote:Is that the logic you use wobycat? If so,Valley beat Coal Grove 42-22. Burg be them 28-18. So Valley should beat Burg 10-0 and West should beat Burg 24-0. If were just picking scores to determine an outcome. I know you're probably joking, so am I.
There is no logic on this board.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

CG I am continually dumbfounded by your responses. How was week 1 a fluke? I am at a loss here. Burg won CONVINCINGLY. I don't believe there was ever a moment of doubt. Maybe it will take getting beat twice by Burg for you to shut that stuff up.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:CG I am continually dumbfounded by your responses. How was week 1 a fluke? I am at a loss here. Burg won CONVINCINGLY. I don't believe there was ever a moment of doubt. Maybe it will take getting beat twice by Burg for you to shut that stuff up.
must been the heat back then you do know august is the hottest month!!

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

There is no question in my mind that Ironton has improved A LOT since week 1.

Has Ironton improved enough to beat Jackson? I hope so but I think Jackson is a heavy favorite this Friday.

As far as Ironton vs Wheelersburg part 2, my opinion on that (if indeed it does happen) will be greatly influenced by how Ironton does vs. Jackson.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:CG I am continually dumbfounded by your responses. How was week 1 a fluke? I am at a loss here. Burg won CONVINCINGLY. I don't believe there was ever a moment of doubt. Maybe it will take getting beat twice by Burg for you to shut that stuff up.
must been the heat back then you do know august is the hottest month!!
:aaaaa18
Isn't it past your bedtime?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:There is no question in my mind that Ironton has improved A LOT since week 1.

Has Ironton improved enough to beat Jackson? I hope so but I think Jackson is a heavy favorite this Friday.

As far as Ironton vs Wheelersburg part 2, my opinion on that (if indeed it does happen) will be greatly influenced by how Ironton does vs. Jackson.
IDK how true that is. You still have to keep up with the Burg O and get Palladino outside for him to do anything. I see neither of those things happening. Deja Vu

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

you burg people better just worry bout the next 2 weeks !! 2 losses would send you traveling to st clairsville , coshocton or perhaps even ironton !!! LOL

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton Burg game close till after the half regardless.
Ironton came out flat in the second half and lost confidence quick as Burg had quick scoring strikes.
The game was not A fluke Burg made adjustments Ironton simply did not.
Since that game Ironton has improved and realized that being down or behind the other team in points does not mean the game is over.
I believed they turned the corner against a decent Amanda Clear creek team and continued from there.
Against St. Charles they got down by 11 but woke up and played the way they was capable of.
Maybe being off a week was partly to blame for that maybe not.
But Ironton has improved since week 1 and if they cut down the foolish penalties they will have a very good chance to upset Jackson.
As for the week one game Burg simply was the better team no doubt about that if they would play again in the playoffs Burg may win or may not but it would be a much better and closer game IMO

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

wobycat wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Is that the logic you use wobycat? If so,Valley beat Coal Grove 42-22. Burg be them 28-18. So Valley should beat Burg 10-0 and West should beat Burg 24-0. If were just picking scores to determine an outcome. I know you're probably joking, so am I.
There is no logic on this board.

That's the most logical post I've read all week... :122245

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Ironton may be in trouble for the last two games..... :122246

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:There is no question in my mind that Ironton has improved A LOT since week 1.

I keep hearing Ironton has improved A LOT since week 1.... I sure hope so.... The Burg has improved A LOT since week 5...... Most good temas improve through out the year..As far as Burg vs Ironton rematch , no matter the Jackson vs Ironton score win or loss will not influence the Pirate team.....

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

If Ironton and the Burg were to meet in the second or 3rd round of playoffs, where would the game be played?

Return to “Football”