SEOP

Re: Sciotoville's Blaine Scott

Post by Westfan »

Very cool.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Not to be a debby downer, but I have a question for Sciotoville posters. If you have potentially 2 D1 lineman on your roster, and some talented backs, how in the world are you not better? Again no disrespect, just curious to what is going on over in Sciotoville.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Runner00 wrote:Not to be a debby downer, but I have a question for Sciotoville posters. If you have potentially 2 D1 lineman on your roster, and some talented backs, how in the world are you not better? Again no disrespect, just curious to what is going on over in Sciotoville.

Very good question. :?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The article earlier in the year said that they had another lineman getting looks from smaller colleges.

Akia Brown is a good back. It really makes you wonder how they aren't better.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Beginning of the season I believe the problem was running the wrong offensive system, also East is still relatively young. With this group however 5-5 could still be viewed as a disappointment to many.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Ask Phs .

1987 Viking Alumni
Waterboy

Post by 1987 Viking Alumni »

Tartanblue,
I think the offensive system might have had something to do with it but they did move the ball pretty efficiently against Alex and Piketon in the scrimmages but the real issue is the defense and has been the defense all year. If you have two D1 prospects with the potential of another lineman going to college but very seldom do the 3 play on defense at the same time or were even on the field for defense and the opponent was running wild wouldn't you put them on the field?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

You would think so, i know i would want my best kids on the field every play. Next season should be interesting with this kid and Gerald on the field at the same time with the backs we have back and I am pretty sure most the line as well.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Really shocked that they aren’t looking elsewhere to play. Some other schools in the area have much more to offer.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Captain Awesome wrote:Really shocked that they aren’t looking elsewhere to play. Some other schools in the area have much more to offer.
Understanding the OHSAA Transfer Bylaws

The OHSAA receives more inquiries about eligibility in terms of the transfer bylaw than any other aspect of eligibility.

The basic transfer bylaw is quite simple. If a student transfers at any time after the fifth day of the student’s ninth grade year or after having established eligibility by playing in a contest (scrimmage, preview/jamboree, Foundation game or regular season/tournament contests) until the one year anniversary of the date or enrollment in the school to which the student transferred, the student shall be ineligible for all contests (including all scrimmages, preview/jamboree/Foundation game) until after the first 50% of the maximum allowable regular season contests in those sports in which the student participated during the twelve months immediately preceding the transfer have been competed.

This is what will keep them in sciotoville.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

The Scott kid lives on the West side.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

this is awesome for Scott, wish him the best. for football purposes in high school i would think he would chose a different school also

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

When he left it was because of basketball.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

dreamweaver wrote:When he left it was because of basketball.
No he left because West wouldnt allow his parents to hold him back. I know him personally!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

noles_fan wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:When he left it was because of basketball.
No he left because West wouldnt allow his parents to hold him back. I know him personally!
This. West changed their policy making it very hard to hold kids back. I don't agree with it, but it's the way it is. They are your kids and no doctor knows one's kids better than the parents. Hopefully he comes back but it sounds like the kid committed to OSU has taken him under his wing and Blaine is starting to see his potential. Great to here and I hope he represents Southern Ohio somewhere on Saturdays in the fall. OSU would be awesome.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Great for Blaine Scott. Regardless why he is at Sciotoville Community, he is. I think it is a good thing he is at East. Tyler Gerald proved that you can get to the big time (OSU) from East. Tyler proved if you are good enough they will find you. This theory you have to go to a different school to get exposure is not true!

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Good Luck to Mr. Scott!

Return to “Football”