Fairland athletics

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Fairland athletics

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: heard some serious penalties were handed down against Fairland HS. 10,000 fine, 3 yr probation no post season participation, no league participation. ALL SPORTS!! Anyone else hear this? Heard they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar RECRUITING!!

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairland athletics

Post by I AM FORREST »

Forrest says: CONFIRMED!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

That is huge news, when is the probation and no league participation to start?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I hope for the OVC they can play but the games will not count. This will only hurt the league and the kids that did nothing wrong.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Yes I can see where OHSAA would be watching Fairland!!! For the past 10 years they have dominated the OVC in Football, Basketball and Baseball... Kinda reminds you of Ironton's days of glory when you would of thought Ironton was the Catholic School not St Joe....... If you know what I mean heheheheheheheheheheheheheh....... Moral of the Story!!! If you're going to recruit and take the chance of getting caught, at least recruit talented players which equals Championships........ Recruiting....lmao....Kinda hard to recruit now days with the open enrollment thing.........Pssssss Psssssss Bring little Johnny to Fairland were stacking a team next year!!!!! Your Busted!!!!!! Every Schools busted if that's the case...... Sounds like someone's just trying to stir the pot over nothing.....heheheheheheh....Sour Grapes............

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: heard some serious penalties were handed down against Fairland HS. 10,000 fine, 3 yr probation no post season participation, no league participation. ALL SPORTS!! Anyone else hear this? Heard they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar RECRUITING!!

the better punishment would been JAIL and PERSONAL FINES for all involved and let the kids continue to play

this type punishment does nothing to the people involved!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: heard some serious penalties were handed down against Fairland HS. 10,000 fine, 3 yr probation no post season participation, no league participation. ALL SPORTS!! Anyone else hear this? Heard they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar RECRUITING!!

the better punishment would been JAIL and PERSONAL FINES for all involved and let the kids continue to play

this type punishment does nothing to the people involved!!

Jail time for recruiting? That's a little much isn't it? I mean they aren't breaking criminal laws here.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I guess I don't understand why all sports at this time. Unless it has been happening in all sports and we just think it is football only.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this is kinda like the penn state fiasco. the kids are the ones that are going to suffer from this.
and how will it affect the ovc going forward. were they getting west Virginia kids, what actually happened. very sad to hear this for the players involved. and will ovc teams get credits for victories over fairland should they win. or will this be a game that does not count in the standings in all sports involved. I really hate to see this happening.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Of course this could be a blessing in disguise for Ironton. They could use this as a reason to get out of the league. Thatd be great for them.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Is there a news article about this anywhere?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE FIGHTING TIGERS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS SHOULD BE IN THE SOC.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:Of course this could be a blessing in disguise for Ironton. They could use this as a reason to get out of the league. Thatd be great for them.
well maybe jail time was little harsh but you cant just slap these people on wrists either!! they will be right back doing the same thing again just in different location

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Its up to other schools to not hire them or to keep a close eye on them to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Of course this could be a blessing in disguise for Ironton. They could use this as a reason to get out of the league. Thatd be great for them.
well maybe jail time was little harsh but you cant just slap these people on wrists either!! they will be right back doing the same thing again just in different location
Maybe instead of jail time, how about a lifetime ban to the people responsible from any affiliation of all OHSAA sports, but of course then they'd just move their act to West Virginia or maybe Kentucky. As for the school, keep the fine and probation, remove the postseason ban, and keep league participation so the conference isn't hurt the conference and only affects the school. Only establish the postseason ban and the removal from league play if there's still signs of recruiting during the probation period.
Last edited by cghs82 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE FIGHTING TIGERS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS SHOULD BE IN THE SOC.
I don't think the SOC wants either team in the league or it would have already been done.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

I know a kid form Cabell Midland tried to come to Fairland and enrolled and wasn't allowed to play he was unable to go back to Midland and ended up in Kentucky at Paintsville I think for the last 4 games of the season! lol talk about shopping around he went to 3 different states!

If they are caught red handed I see so reason to ban all sports from tournament and league conferences.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

they would surely let them play all the games on the schedule but the results would be losses?????? or they get the wins but not championships or league honors?????

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

PENALTIES: 4 year ban from all school activities for the adult committing the recruiting, if a school employee, immediate firing and 1 year suspension from OHSAA activity. 1 year ineligible for the student athlete, UNLESS he/she returns to original school, then negotiable suspension depending on severity of infraction. It can be stopped, but someone has to be honest and diligent.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

game day wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE FIGHTING TIGERS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TROJANS SHOULD BE IN THE SOC.
I don't think the SOC wants either team in the league or it would have already been done.
The numbers are probably getting closer to those who would vote either, or both in. One of the detractors just moved south to SOC 1.

Return to “Football”