Private schools/Public schools/open enrollment public

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Private schools/Public schools/open enrollment public

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Should all three have their own playoffs?

If you want to separate pub and private and can you leave public schools in the same group of public with open enrollment?

I believe I read where over 70% of public schools have open enrollment and that no matter anyway you twist it gives them a big advantage over public schools who do not have this.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: Private schools/Public schools/open enrollment public

Post by NY BUCKS »

Another one of these post trying to justify open recruitment..over
Open enrollment..your boat just sunk..

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

OHSAA turns a blind eye on recruiting in Ohio for the private schools. I'm always a fan for a public school putting it on a catholic school

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

NY BUCKS wrote:Another one of these post trying to justify open recruitment..over
Again show me proof of recruiting and which schools are doing it and then turn them in. Cheating stinks and those doing it needs to be turned in. With so many on these boards openly stating they know it is going on I am shocked at least one of you have not already done this.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Another one of these post trying to justify open recruitment..over
Again show me proof of recruiting and which schools are doing it and then turn them in. Cheating stinks and those doing it needs to be turned in. With so many on these boards openly stating they know it is going on I am shocked at least one of you have not already done this.
Just my 2 sense but yes private schools should have their own playoffs proof is in the stats. Public schools have rules governing them on transfer where the private school has nothing like this a kid can go wherever no consequences. HOWEVER, though I don't have proof one way or another, I'll go out on a limb and say I do not believe private schools recruit on a level that everyone leads to believe. Will they have players go to a kid and say, dude play with us we'll take care of you you'll get exposure and win a state title, possibly. I just don't believe private schools especially ones with traditions have to openly recruit players. Anyone who is anyone in the surrounding area of a traditional powerhouse private school knows they can go there and knows the advantages or disadvantages of taking their talents from the public arena to the private sector so to speak.

This is always a hot topic ppl who have kids at public schools or went to public schools will argue the fight against private schools and visa versa of those private school poster. I do believe there will be a time when something is adjusted or tweaked on the whole private school in a public school system playoff controversy. Can't have teams on an even playing field when one team has to follow a set of rules when it comes to transfer and another isn't governed by any rule in that regards.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

It's sort of like Bigfoot. You never see 'em but you know they are there.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Really..let's do a division 4 school for example..maybe 45_50 kids go out for football public schools..
Now Catholic school has the same amount....
Public school you play with what is dealt.
Catholic you cherry pick from the whole state and yes out
Of state also...all you have to do is look no further than
University of Ursline 5 kids on a division 5 team all division 1 prospects..
That doesn't happen by fate that has to do with money
And winning at any cost..Just my 2 cents

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Look up the rules concerning the area a private school can gets kids from and then look at the rules for open enrollment schools.

Learn the lesson and then make your post.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Akron st v basketball had three kids not even from Ohio. This is a dumb topic. Everyone knows who cheats. Cheating will always happen in sports

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Why didn't we have this discussion when Caldwell thrashed Harvest Prep (which happens to be the school that has been previously busted for recruiting)? Oh wait, we only care when the private schools beat the public schools.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

This year's state finals feature 4 Private schools and 4 public schools, seems fair to me? No one bitches about the private schools until they get beat by them. But to say they "recruit" is a bit of a joke anymore. If you live near Newark and are athletic, don't you think the kid or parents might say something like "man I'd really like to play (or have my kid) at Newark Catholic since they are a powerhouse in football, baseball, volleyball". It's not recruiting, it's about having a successful program and kids wanting to come play there. If you have the ability to send your kid to a better school for academics and athletics, then def do.

Wheelersburg has won back to back state titles in baseball, has been dominate over the decades and winning titles and conference championships in all other sports... do they recruit? Yes, but not in the same way a college does. They get student athletes because they are successful and win, and winning attracts new students around the area. I could name off 5-6 kids that transferred into Wheelersburg. But do we cry about this? Absolutely not. And why? Because they are not a private school.

Losers always cry foul and look for an excuse as to why they lost. And what easier way then to blame private school recruiting.

Why doesn't Notre Dame High School have this same effect as Newark Catholic? They are private and could "recruit" but they often have students who have gone through the entire system. They have a huge tradition of success back in the 80's and early 90's, so what happened to the students? Were they recruited to another school? The fact of the matter is that every kid has the right to choose where they want to attend school. But too often in Scioto County parents have too much pride to send them anywhere other than where they graduated from. Eliminate 6 schools in the county and I bet you see an increase in the talent level playing together rather than 1-2 great athletes at each school.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

How much does it cost a year to go to a Catholic school
...2 how many of these kids actually live in bordering countys
3. How many of these kids parents have financially gained
From there kids from a private or Catholic schools

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Im not crying my team beat your team this year ..Just
Stating facts...im pretty sure Ny has a winning record
Against every Catholic school they have played

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Again I ask you for proof.

U Stated (in not so many words) private schools recruit.

I said show your proof and turn them in.

Fact is you can't so you(meaning those crying) will continue to cry when their schools gets beat by a private school but when you defeat one you never cry they recruit.

I went to a public school and never cried they recruit.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Again you say that they don't recruit and you produced
No proof..goes both ways..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Show me where I said they do or don't.

I will be the first to say there are some private schools, who do a much better job of using the legal tools they have been given by the O.H.S.A.A. then others do.

Do I think this is fair? No I do not but then again I do not agree with open enrollment either.

The few public schools who do not use the open enrollment tools are the ones being robbed the most, though that is their choice.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

You wanting me to prove it you just admit to knowledge
Of it..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

U Misread my post.

I am not arguing with you.

I was just asking for proof and then suggested you turn it the schools you have proof on.

If I had proof of any school cheating I would turn them in, but I do not.
I can admit that I don't therefore I refuse to accuse any school of doing this.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

Here is an example of recruiting
I was coaching at Indian Hill in Cincinnati. Our high school staff is walking off the practice field when we see a group of our 8th graders around a car. We say hey to them and see that two guys are giving out tshirts to the kids. We walk over and realize that they are 2 guys from Moeller. They were handing out fliers and Moeller tshirts to our kids as they left practice.
Our running back from that team ended up at Moeller. That group of boys lost to Ironton under lutz in the playoffs. Our running backs name was reed hamilton. His brother Conrad played for the NY Giants. I cant imagine if he would have stayed at the d4 school that went 11-1. Reed went to Miami but hamstring problems never let him go big. The tshirts and flier was sent to the OHSAA. The OHSAA would not reply and to my knowledge nothing was ever said or done.

Coming into out parking lot and doing that is an insult. IT WAS REPORTED. The OHSAA did nothing.
Last edited by wrestlefan1 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

We had proof. We turned it in. Nothing was done. End of story. They can recruit and get away with it. I watched it happen. I collected their fliers from some of our kids.

Return to “Football”