OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community Sch

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community Sch

Post by Jay Bruce »

I heard over the weekend that this big offensive lineman who already has committed to OSU in the class of 2016 is transferring to IMG Academy in Florida for his senior season. I'm sure that is a huge loss for his high school team but very understandable in his personal development to get ready for OSU and what he will face up there. Best of luck in Florida and definitely looking forward to this southern Ohio boy suiting up for the Buckeyes in 2017.

goUK
Varsity

Re: OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community

Post by goUK »

Why would he just transfer to valley, burg, or another strong team?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

goUK wrote:Why would he just transfer to valley, burg, or another strong team?
IMG is basically a sports school and he will receiving coaching/training from former D1 and NFL players, but then again for $68K/yr, you should....lol

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I saw East play twice this year and i have to be honest that I am not sold on him being a Big 10 player. Nice player at this level but have seen better during the few playoff games I have watched. I agree with goUK

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

How many Kids does Burg Valley or any other Schools around here besides Athens have a Kid already Committed to "The Ohio State University "(don't worry I will wait smh). The Hate and jealousy is so real on this site. first off, him going to Any school around here instead of That academy would be Crazy!!! To say he isn't who you think he is holds no weight lmao, are you a college recruiter ? Are you a 3.7 Gpa student that scores 26 or better on the ACT, do you or any kid you know close grip 350? Do you know any 6-6 300 Plus pound kid that runs a 5.0 40 yard dash and has feet like a FB and hands like a WR? I doubt it, this kid has been playing organized FB since 8th grade, he hasn't even been taught anything !!!! The reason he's being recruited is because when you take him and put him next to a College or Professional athlete at 17 years old the numbers match up, everything else can be taught and that's what Urban Myer understands. These little 5-9 lineman that go at his knees every play won't exist at the next 2 levels so he will be fine...Oh and not only is he the best College Prospect lineman around he's probably the best Center in Basketball
Last edited by Jtaylor304 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Because you can't coach size and athletic ability. That doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being critiqued.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Only if it was our child living out his Dream hun?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What?

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

wobycat wrote:What?
This kid is living a Dream and Adults are trying to say he's not worthy of it...something about that bothers me but who am I. Good Luck to him From Portsmouth Ohio!!!

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

I've never seen the boy play but evidently the college coaches and recruiting services know something and have seen Tyler enough to rank him in the top 150 2016 graduates and one of the top 10 tackles in the country. Good luck to Mr Gerald and come back to Ohio and make all of southern ohio proud of you!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

This kid has the tools to play anywhere in the country. IMG has the people to help him along the way and if you can get past the money theres no place better to be. Good luck young man

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

HE IS BETTER AT BASKETBALL FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Best thing. He can do is get to a bigger and better school if he actually wants a chance to go to Ohio state

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

baitbuster wrote:Best thing. He can do is get to a bigger and better school if he actually wants a chance to go to Ohio state
Isn't he already going there?

I don't know the kid from the man on the moon. I wish him well and hope to see him on Sunday's down the road.

Does IMG just accelerate where he would eventually get to at OSU say about his 3rd year? IMG just get him to that point a bit quicker?

Regardless, best wishes to the kid and his pursuit of something very big.

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Yes from what I understand he has verballed but still only a Junior , not sure but can't OSU pull the offer since he hasn't/can't sign yet? I just think getting into a much bigger and better program will be good for him. By the way is there not a freshman team mate of his on the Buckeye watch list? Wonder if they will both be going?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

His family is going to get the money to do that where??? That kid will go no where but where he is playing right now. Give me a break!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Not everyone at IMG pays full tuition, there is a sliding scale for those students that qualify from 0% on up.

Room and board can be on campus, there is a number of domestic and international students that pay full price allowing some students that qualify to attend there on scholarship.

The more D1 students they churn out of there that end up with big time programs, the better the advertising for them, the more students that choose to come. Last year kids leaving there went to Alabama, OSU and Penn State to name a few, plus a few Florida schools.

Good luck to the young man if that is the opportunity he has.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Wheelersburg has a great coaching staff. Stay around home and go to the Burg :12223

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Blackjack wrote:Wheelersburg has a great coaching staff. Stay around home and go to the Burg :12223
That's where he lives so why not?

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

If my information is correct, the Gerald kid doesn't live in Wheelersburg. I believe he lives in Portsmouth. Sciotoville has serviced him very well. He was offered a full ride scholarship while attending Sciotoville Community. When was the last time Wheelersburg had a kid offered a full-ride football scholarship? I really don't know. 10 -12 years ago? Maybe somebody from Wheelersburg knows.

My point is if you are good enough, they will find you. Gerald's only options should be to stay East or attend IMG. I think his best bet would be to stay at East until Jan. of his senior year then enroll early at OSU. Big time programs like OSU will red-shirt linemen. (Probably about 75% of the time.) That will give him all the time in the world to develop!

Of course that is just my opinion.

Return to “Football”