JV Team

Re: Sciotoville East New Head Coach?

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Why would there be??

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I have no clue why smh. Have you had the chance to watch them during the Current Coach's time there? Probably not if you don't think there needs to be changes. they ran 5 plays on offense no matter what the Defense was doing, he forgot what passing was and never heard of a TE or the middle of the field. They never worked on special teams(which was noticeable ) , clueless on making Defensive adjustments and didn't know how to use the players he had to their strengths...just a few reasons why I think its time for a change. I'm sure you're his buddy but don't be a fool. ask him for some recent film if you didn't get a chance to see them play...the talent was there.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

you start a thread about a new coach that's false advertisement in my opinion

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Just what I've been hearing so I figured I'd ask some one on this site since this is where I find out everything else happening in S.E.O......I don't believe its false advertisement, It must not have happened yet. Sorry!!! I will wait next time to ask a question

fhs33
Waterboy

Post by fhs33 »

Don't expect any changes at any coaching position when it comes to East. Watch any of their sports from youth basketball through high school cheerleading. With maybe one or two exceptions here and there most of these teams and programs are struggling with either lack of players or lack of QUALITY coaching.
Major changes need to be made but they seem content with the current status quo.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

DatDudeJenkins wrote:Don't expect any changes at any coaching position when it comes to East. Watch any of their sports from youth basketball through high school cheerleading. With maybe one or two exceptions here and there most of these teams and programs are struggling with either lack of players or lack of QUALITY coaching.
Major changes need to be made but they seem content with the current status quo.
Couldn't agree more!!! Someone needs to start caring besides a few fans and parents. There's been a coach who has volunteered to help the girls but they haven't let him(and he is a proven winner ), just don't make sense. these kids pour their hearts out for these adults so they need to do the same for those kids. its a small school so they could make it happen!!!!

fhs33
Waterboy

Post by fhs33 »

And I'm not trying to troll here but here's the truth and maybe this isn't something needed to be posted in a sports forum but I'm going to throw it out here anyway.

Kids attend certain schools for SOME of the following reasons.
1 they simply live in the district and have no choice
2 academics
3 sports programs

East is struggling with 2 of those and the numbers are probably dwindling on the other.
Maybe it's time for a new Athletic Director and approach.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

buckeyes911 wrote:Just what I've been hearing so I figured I'd ask some one on this site since this is where I find out everything else happening in S.E.O......I don't believe its false advertisement, It must not have happened yet. Sorry!!! I will wait next time to ask a question

any idea if there will be any changes? sums it up to me

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

To be continued....

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

buckeyes911 wrote:I have no clue why smh. Have you had the chance to watch them during the Current Coach's time there? Probably not if you don't think there needs to be changes. they ran 5 plays on offense no matter what the Defense was doing, he forgot what passing was and never heard of a TE or the middle of the field. They never worked on special teams(which was noticeable ) , clueless on making Defensive adjustments and didn't know how to use the players he had to their strengths...just a few reasons why I think its time for a change. I'm sure you're his buddy but don't be a fool. ask him for some recent film if you didn't get a chance to see them play...the talent was there.
I expect for other key players will leave the Sciotoville grid-iron because of these exact reasons! Just remember that as easy as those transfers come in; they can leave too!
DatDudeJenkins wrote:And I'm not trying to troll here but here's the truth and maybe this isn't something needed to be posted in a sports forum but I'm going to throw it out here anyway.

Kids attend certain schools for SOME of the following reasons.
1 they simply live in the district and have no choice
2 academics
3 sports programs

East is struggling with 2 of those and the numbers are probably dwindling on the other.
Maybe it's time for a new Athletic Director and approach.
The AD is stepping down from his high school assistant football coaching position to start coaching the 3rd & 4th grade kids. His son starts playing next year too! Unfortunately, he will remain at East for as long as he is married into the schools Patriarchy!

The coach the 3rd & 4th graders had last year only lost one game! Look and see who is on the Sciotoville Pee Wee Board next year! Look and see who the Pee Wee Boosters will be! Just take a guess?

fhs33
Waterboy

Post by fhs33 »

Yea I had almost forgot about that one. When I heard about it I flat out went "what". Your taking a coach with no kids on the team so he has NO AGENDA and replacing him with someone so they can coach their son??
I was hoping the ol coach was at least promoting I another job but last I heard he's considering doing the same thing for another school.

I can think of at least two other instances with Coaching positions that almost the EXACT same outcome. Can we really blame any kid anymore from there for leaving to another school so thy can be pushed by better coaching? The issue here is from the top down.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

There are a lot of Key players excited for the upcoming season and possible changes to the coaching staff. I believe that James Gifford & Matt Shaffer working together could bring changes to the program. Matt is an East guy and those kids respect the heck out of him! Gifford is Knowledgeable. of the game and showed that he's willing to do whatever it takes to help those kids. I've been around East a few years now just observing things and these are just my opinions of what I've witnessed. East can be a tough Team these next few years with the correct Coaching decision

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

TG is a class individual and man. He was born and raised in Sciotoville and bleeds Tartan Blue! He is a man if integrity and principles and a role model that any parent should be thankful to have as a head coach. IMO, it is not right or fair to him or his family to put this type of stuff on here but that is my opinion.

One of the problems that a coach has to deal with at a small school is that if one guy gets hurt, you have to move 2-3 guys around to try and hide any weakness. If you lose 2-3 guys to injury, suspension or sickness for a game or two, it is going to be difficult to run more than a very simple base offense and defense. How many games did East play with its best 11 last year? If not TG, who is the great coach that will win 8,9 or 10 games a year?

In closing, I will say that yes, I know him personally and we ARE NOT related.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

How about a round of applause!!! TG is a great guy but not a football coach, maybe golf since he's so soft spoken.. you may not find a better human being than Todd but you will see soon enough that its a coaches game and he wasn't it. good coaches know how to adjust and injuries and sickness is just part of the games(Buckeyes just proved that) I went to every East game the past two years and TG ain't the guy, sorry. His Family should understand that criticism comes with the territory. I'm sure TG don't pay attention to S.E.O.P. so he will be fine. he's a finalist for the south point job so hopefully he gets it and can prove me wrong...have a good evening

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

buckeyes911 wrote:How about a round of applause!!! TG is a great guy but not a football coach, maybe golf since he's so soft spoken.. you may not find a better human being than Todd but you will see soon enough that its a coaches game and he wasn't it. good coaches know how to adjust and injuries and sickness is just part of the games(Buckeyes just proved that) I went to every East game the past two years and TG ain't the guy, sorry. His Family should understand that criticism comes with the territory. I'm sure TG don't pay attention to S.E.O.P. so he will be fine. he's a finalist for the south point job so hopefully he gets it and can prove me wrong...have a good evening
He would be a Great Mentor

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

You do realize that Urban Meyer has a little advantage in recruiting a stable of blue chip DI athletes and maybe the coach at East does not have that advantage. I think the fall off at Ohio State when someone is injured is a tiny bit less than at East.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

alabama mike wrote:TG is a class individual and man. He was born and raised in Sciotoville and bleeds Tartan Blue! He is a man if integrity and principles and a role model that any parent should be thankful to have as a head coach. IMO, it is not right or fair to him or his family to put this type of stuff on here but that is my opinion.

One of the problems that a coach has to deal with at a small school is that if one guy gets hurt, you have to move 2-3 guys around to try and hide any weakness. If you lose 2-3 guys to injury, suspension or sickness for a game or two, it is going to be difficult to run more than a very simple base offense and defense. How many games did East play with its best 11 last year? If not TG, who is the great coach that will win 8,9 or 10 games a year?

In closing, I will say that yes, I know him personally and we ARE NOT related.
So much for Mr.Nice guy!!! I guess what I was hearing is turning out to be a bit true. wish TG the best of luck, I'm sure this was a tough decision to make. Next up Mr. Gifford!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If true that TG is leaving for another job, I wish him the best of luck. He is an East guy but you also have to look at opportunities when given a chance. Also if it is true East has a chance to make a big step forward in the program with the right hire and the talent they have returning. For me personally I would like to see Shaffer get the chance to take over. He is someone who knows the kids and their ability and will put them in the positions to win games and bring back SOC I titles and playoffs chances for the Tartans.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I like Shaffer too, I think TG should come back and coach the QBS ONLY!!! You need good position coaches and he is a good guy to be around your kids, just not head coach. If Matt isn't the coach he definitely needs to be on staff, maybe in charge of D-line and special teams. Hire justin crager to work with running backs and DBs....and let the head coach relax and be the head coach, great coaches surround themselves with great staffs. if all these Tartans swallow their pride and come together for the only thing that matters which is those kids and that community then it will work. no egos and petty jealousy . FAMILY!!!! it can be done, lets see who really loves Tartan Blue

Return to “Football”