Luehrman twins

bengals01
JV Team

Luehrman twins

Post by bengals01 »

Adam and Ryan Luehrman have been offered grayshirt scholarships at Ohio.( Basically a grayshirt is when an athlete delays his full time enrollment at his future college so that his eligibility clock will not start ticking until he enrolls full time during the second semester of the year. )
Congratulation to them. Looking forward to seeing them play at Ohio.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Luehrman twins

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought they got a full ride to an Illinois school. Hopefully Ohio university realizes they have zero ties to the community of Athens. Ohio university should have offered Burrow,Williams, Ibi, Twins, Lutz, Stewart, and Saltzman. All are friends

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I thought they got a full ride to an Illinois school. Hopefully Ohio university realizes they have zero ties to the community of Athens. Ohio university should have offered Burrow,Williams, Ibi, Twins, Lutz, Stewart, and Saltzman. All are friends
I thought OU offered Burrow.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I mean offer the whole group. That's a heck of amount of talent that OU will let leave town for college

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to these two young men

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Congrats

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

That is great news. They seem to be able to really go up and get balls with their big frames. I'm curious how big they get when they become full time football players.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I thought they got a full ride to an Illinois school. Hopefully Ohio university realizes they have zero ties to the community of Athens. Ohio university should have offered Burrow,Williams, Ibi, Twins, Lutz, Stewart, and Saltzman. All are friends

Not sure what you mean. OU offered Burrow he choose OSU. OU offered Williams he choose Northwestern.
The twins have an offer from OU that they are taking. Lutz is a sophomore OU is looking at him. Saltzman is a junior Will see.
Ibi a junior has an offer from OU. Stewart left the area. The twins had on offers from D1 schools except OU and that is where they wanted to go

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Football fan wrote:Adam and Ryan Luehrman have been offered grayshirt scholarships at Ohio.( Basically a grayshirt is when an athlete delays his full time enrollment at his future college so that his eligibility clock will not start ticking until he enrolls full time during the second semester of the year. )
Congratulation to them. Looking forward to seeing them play at Ohio.

which high school district is this. and congratulations.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

oh Athens, I remember watching them in the state game.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Hey Raider. What do you mean by the statement about zero
Ties to the community ? Why would OU care ? Just curious ?

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Football fan wrote:

Not sure what you mean. OU offered Burrow he choose OSU. OU offered Williams he choose Northwestern.
The twins have an offer from OU that they are taking. Lutz is a sophomore OU is looking at him. Saltzman is a junior Will see.
Ibi a junior has an offer from OU. Stewart left the area. The twins had on offers from D1 schools except OU and that is where they wanted to go

Raider, Ian Dixon from Athens and Josiah Yazdani from Alexander are on OU's team. i'm sure there part of the community

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Alexander Hitman wrote:Hey Raider. What do you mean by the statement about zero
watched many kids leave this area for other mid majors

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Name some of those many kids that you have seen leave the area for other mid majors
I almost forgot Dominique Doseck has an offer from OU that she accepted

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Great kids who have worked hard for their success. Congrats.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Football fan wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
Name some of those many kids that you have seen leave the area for other mid majors
I almost forgot Dominique Doseck has an offer from OU that she accepted
If we are not talking strictly football then there have been many that have left to play other Divisions. Most of them could have easily played at Ohio University.

Scott Stricklin went to Kent State (Baseball)...
Andrew Coble to Marietta College (He lead them to 2 World Series)(Baseball)
Kurt Conkey to Coastal Carolina (Baseball)...
Brooks Purdy to Colorado State (Baseball)...
Liz Howerth to Indiana Christian (Basketball)...
Grant Gregory to Indiana (Football)...
Jake Hale to Ohio State (Baseball)...

Just to name a few ... I'm sure the list is even longer.
However, the Truth is Ohio University has let a lot of talent leave Athens that could have helped many of their sports teams...
Last edited by questionmark on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

I would totally turn down Ohio State or playing baseball in the South to play in my hometown. I would totally turn down the Big 10 to play in my hometown. I would totally take low level, D3 prospects if I was OU. I would totally make up that Marietta won 2 National Championships to try and make a former player sound better, especially since losing in the title game twice totally sounds horrible in comparison.

Congratulations to the Twins, I'm sure they will do well.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Hopefully Ohio university realizes they have zero ties to the community of Athens
The barkeepers and restaurant owners in Athens would disagree with you.

OU isn't obligated to take these athletes just because they are from nearby. Playing at OU is very high level. Why should they sacrifice their recruiting power by recruiting more kids on the virtue of their proximity to the campus?

Ohio U. has, and still continues to, offer(ed) a lot of economic and educational opportunities to the community of Athens. Just because they're not offering the area athletes that you want them to doesn't mean they aren't enjoying a good, mutual relationship with Athens County.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

FrenchtownFan wrote:I would totally turn down Ohio State or playing baseball in the South to play in my hometown. I would totally turn down the Big 10 to play in my hometown. I would totally take low level, D3 prospects if I was OU. I would totally make up that Marietta won 2 National Championships to try and make a former player sound better, especially since losing in the title game twice totally sounds horrible in comparison.

Congratulations to the Twins, I'm sure they will do well.
You are correct, Marietta did not win, but played in back-to-back National Championships...that was an incorrect statement by myself...
That former player whom I'm sure you know nothing about with your 22 posts so far and your ability to used the word "totally" was better than any infielder Ohio University had at the time, and they simply let him go because the Old Ball Coach didn't like to recruit from the area...so he went on to have a successful career at MC...

I don't think you fully understand that just because a kid plays at say (Marietta) doesn't mean they lack the ability to play at say (Ohio U.). Many Baseball players have DI Colleges wanting them to play, but said DI College cannot offer them enough because of how scholarships are used in Baseball. A Football Scholarship and a Baseball Scholarship are two very different things...

I'll leave you with this...is it better to have played in the MAC, than to have sit the bench in the BIG 10?

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

You're right, I don't understand partially scholarships for baseball as opposed to football. I totally don't get it. I also totally understand why you would go pay 25k per year to play baseball instead of 10k to walk on at OU. I totally know nothing about a guy who started his college career as an OF and ended up as a stud SS.

Return to “Football”