Fair- 3
SP-2
RH- 1

Wrestling-
Fairland-2
Chesapeake-1

Ironton/ Portsmouth Football in 2015
Gallia Academy in all sports 2016
Last edited by goUK on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC All Sports Trophy

Post by noreply66 »

With seven teams does the sport count towards the all sport Trophy if less than 50% of the team have that sport?..........like Girls CC, Boys and girls soccer,

Where is Ironton and Portsmouth in football...looks like those two are getting a raw deal

Take away the sports that doesn't have 50% of the schools and it would be

CG.....28
CH.....24
Fa.....24
Ir.....19 now add football
RH.....13
SP.....9
Po.....9 now add football

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

They didnt compete in football. Not sure how thats a raw deal.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

goUK wrote:They didnt compete in football. Not sure how thats a raw deal.
the league allowed them in everything else????????????????..........so ironton misses out on 7 points

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

noreply66 wrote:
the league allowed them in everything else????????????????..........so ironton misses out on 7 points

Yes they competed in everything else. You are on here all of the time, how did you miss that? and i dont know where you get 7 points, they wouldve gotten 12 from football. Ironton and Portsmouth will play OVC football next year. Are we supposed to void the football standing just because the league is in a transition year? Dont think so in my opinion. You are free to make your own OVC all sports standings thread

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

what all sports trophy? when was this started?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

goUK wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

Yes they competed in everything else. You are on here all of the time, how did you miss that? and i dont know where you get 7 points, they wouldve gotten 12 from football. Ironton and Portsmouth will play OVC football next year. Are we supposed to void the football standing just because the league is in a transition year? Dont think so in my opinion. You are free to make your own OVC all sports standings thread
Don't know about OVC but most league get a point for every team.If the OVC does it it wouldn't be 12 point. Not trying to put the OVC down just trying to figure your system out. Does the sport count towards the standings if less than half the teams take part in the sport?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

This is not even a real trophy so everyone calm down. But to be fair for schools that don't have a sport you should divide each total by how many sports they have.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

osumufan wrote:This is not even a real trophy so everyone calm down. But to be fair for schools that don't have a sport you should divide each total by how many sports they have.

Everyone is calm........I'm just wondering hope the person is figuring the points out.
Most sport trophies are done like this

1. a certain percent of school have to play that sport for it to count towards the trophy.
2. point are given on how many school play that sport if the % is enough ...lets say 10 schools in the league and 60% need to play that sport......that means 6 school or more have to play that sport and if only six... the points would go 6-5-4-3-2-1
3. Points wouldn't run 7-6-5-4-3-1

A example ....Logan won the boys and girls cc this fall but didn't count towards the all/Sports Trophy because a certain percent didn't take part or a team that did take part did not have enough kids taking part to count as a full team.

This person had some sports with only 3 or 4 teams from the OVC playing that sport.

Now in the SEOAL when it comes to tennis everyone but Warren plays so the points are given as 4-3-2-1-----------not 5-4-3-2

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

I think any school that has a team should still counts toward the All sports trophy. If only 3 teams have soccer then the points should be 3-2-1. I think it punishes a school that has say soccer and football and soccer and girls volleyball at the same time if you do not allow them to get points for both. Realistically if a school is fielding both teams during the same time frame they are splitting their athletes between two teams and this is a disadvantage. But since the OVC doesn't even do this this I guess all this talk is for nothing! LOL

Return to “Football”