2015 West Senators

Westsider1993
JV Team

2015 West Senators

Post by Westsider1993 »

Thoughts? Predictions? Should be a great year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: 2015 West Senators

Post by BigBlueNation »

Really looking forward to the upcoming season. Curious to see what coach Johnson and staff will accomplish with a year under their belt. Should be a pretty solid team this fall. I'm sure the youngmen are working hard.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

How successful we are this year will depend on the offensive and defensive lines. We were not big and physical enough to play with Wheelersburg and Hartley last year. Been hearing good things about the offseason workouts and participation. Hope it carries over to a good season. If the lines come together this could be a really good team.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I totally agree on the line comments. The men upfront control the destiny of a team. You can not teach size, but with a lot of hardwork and attention to details you can make an average lineman into a technician.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

What does their schedule look like this year and who do they scrimmage?

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

9 games on the schedule. Looks like Johnson central for a scrimmage

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Shoelace wrote:What does their schedule look like this year and who do they scrimmage?
Could be a good year for West in the win column. The OVC teams they have on the schedule this year will be bad if they have the same ones. RH, SP, Fairland. I am not sure why they only have 9 games at this time. Does anyone have their schedule at this time?

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Newark catholic, Portsmouth, Coal Grove,Welston, Minford, Valley, Waverly, Fairland, Wheelersburg. In that order..They also have a scrimmage with Johnson Central, Ky @ Home

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Week 5 is the open date I believe.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Interesting schedule.

I believe picking up CG will help with the points. CG will be down this year but they still will win more games than RH and SP. Wellston has a new coach this year and their program from the people I have talked to has hit rock bottom. But the rest of the schedule looks good and good season could be in store.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

So off the schedule is Liberty Union, Rock Hill, and South Point which were weeks 3, 4, and 5. Additions are Coal Grove and Wellston. Wonder who is still open Week 5?

Definitely smart from a competition and points aspect to get rid of bottom feeder OVC teams. They already gave little in secondary points and with the addition of Ironton and Portsmouth; they probably just inherited 2 more losses. Good thing is Portsmouth will probably win more games.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

What about Jacksin or Ironton for the open date. Sounds like from what I am hearin the West Senators will be loaded with talented kids.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I just hope they find another game.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

At this time that will be hard to do. I would take a bye week rather than play a school that you would not have a chance to beat. I believe they just add up some points and give you average points for the bye. I am not sure how that works but it is much better than getting beat. I do think Ironton has another bye week this year but I am not sure of the date.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Yes. Primary and secondary points are averaged. So if you do well in your other games missing a game really doesn't hurt you point wise. In fact if the only choices were a bad team that doesn't win any games your better off point wise with the bye. Your level 2 divisor will just be 90 instead of 100.

What we need is a Kentucky team. Ironton is really smart playing them. Valley got a slew of points off of Fleming County last year.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Westfan wrote:Yes. Primary and secondary points are averaged. So if you do well in your other games missing a game really doesn't hurt you point wise. In fact if the only choices were a bad team that doesn't win any games your better off point wise with the bye. Your level 2 divisor will just be 90 instead of 100.

What we need is a Kentucky team. Ironton is really smart playing them. Valley got a slew of points off of Fleming County last year.
I know Coach-T was trying to get a Kentucky team on the schedule. One was Raceland the other was Russell because it would not be much travel and they would be good games going into league play. I hate to see any team have bye week the fans don't like it and players I would think would hate it.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

While I agree playing weak west Virginia schools gets you loads of points helps get you in the play offs you have to ask does it prepare you? Ironton has not went deep for a few years but then again valley has went deep the last few years but they have a beast in romanella to Cary ghem

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Coach Johnson will do his best and what is right for the scheduling issue I am sure. Nobody likes to practice all week for a bye. Not the players or coaches, and the fans can't watch them either. Finding a team that will help the playoff picture and has an open date that week is a bear I'm sure.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:While I agree playing weak west Virginia schools gets you loads of points helps get you in the play offs you have to ask does it prepare you? Ironton has not went deep for a few years but then again valley has went deep the last few years but they have a beast in romanella to Cary ghem
I would not say Raceland or Russell would be considered weak teams out of Kentucky. These teams would give you many more points than RH or SP out of the OVC. But I do agree trying to find a game at this late date will be hard to do. The AD at West needs to fix the 9 game schedule before next year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Looked at the OHSAA site for schedule openings. Doesn't look like any viable options right now. Most of the openings listed have already been filled. We will probably have to try out of state to get a game unless something opens up or take the bye.

Here is the link: http://www.ohsaa.org/members/opendts.htm#2015
A good place to look up schedules of any team and any sport is here-this is West's: http://schedules.myohsaa.org/SchoolHome ... evels/2015

Return to “Football”