#7 Liberty Union Lions (8-2) @ #3 Wheelersburg Pirates(8-2

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Neutron Man
All State

#7 Liberty Union Lions (8-2) @ #3 Wheelersburg Pirates(8-2

Post by Neutron Man »

Rematch from a few years ago. Let's hope the Pirates are on the winning end this time! I really don't think Burg loses this one but in the playoffs anyone can win! Go Burg. Hope you look better than you did against Valley and the 1st half of West!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: #7 Liberty Union Lions (8-2) @ #3 Wheelersburg Pirates(8

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The last time the Burg played this team they put 8 and 9 men in the box and dared the Pirates to throw the ball. I hope they try that again this time. :mrgreen:

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The last time the Burg played this team they put 8 and 9 men in the box and dared the Pirates to throw the ball. I hope they try that again this time. :mrgreen:
That would be the perfect defensive game plan to use against LU. They will line up and try to beat you with the run.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Playoff atmosphere at Ed Miller Stadium is second to none!
Pirates seek revenge in this one and will be successful.
Play hard, limit turnovers and it will be on to round 2!
Have a safe trip LU fans, your in for a treat!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck BURG!!

SOC!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If LU does put 9 men in the box than Burg needs to throw the quick short passes and let the receivers do the work after the catch. Don't try to throw the bomb on every play.

I still think they should have 2-3 plays called and get in hurry up mode and catch the defense off guard. I don't know of to many HS teams that can defend that offense.

Good luck Pirates. Burg has done pretty well over the years in first round games.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg will struggle if they are a power rushing team with big backs. If they are smaller with misdirection, wheelersburg is in good shape.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Tailgating starts early Saturday! I know we'll be there as early as 4-4:30! Maybe sooner! Can't wait!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/li ... e.htm----- check out the stats on there team this year. Looks like they prefer to run. They have fumbled 20 times this year. #55 looks to be pretty good the o-tackles better be on there A game..........

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The last time the Burg played this team they put 8 and 9 men in the box and dared the Pirates to throw the ball. I hope they try that again this time. :mrgreen:
eddie will throw all over them of they do that

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Without a doubt he will, Like stated before, I would also love to see Eddie throwing some more short passes/screens. That will open up the deep ball as well

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
Without a doubt he will, Like stated before, I would also love to see Eddie throwing some more short passes/screens. That will open up the deep ball as well
Why would Eddie throw all over them? Heck he didn't against Valley.
All I'm saying is based upon the last two.weeks performances, I'm not so sure Burg is gelling at this moment! Best bring the "A" game you brought for 8 weeks! Cause I know I'm not the only one who's sick of watching a team with this potential call stupid plays!

Burg 21
LU 17

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

What a dandy matchup for the first round. Two pretty good programs going at it. Best of luck to future MSL-Buckeye member Liberty Union.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

GOOD LUCK BURG!!!! I BELIEVE YOU WILL Represent the SOC WELL in this one.... As always! Be safe and keep healthy BUT hit 'em in the mouth! ;) :122245

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Take care of business Pirates!!! :twisted:

6x10
Waterboy

Post by 6x10 »

Does anyone else dislike NUTNON MAN

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

[/quote]Why would Eddie throw all over them? Heck he didn't against Valley.
All I'm saying is based upon the last two.weeks performances, I'm not so sure Burg is gelling at this moment! Best bring the "A" game you brought for 8 weeks! Cause I know I'm not the only one who's sick of watching a team with this potential call stupid plays!

Burg 21
LU 17[/quote]

How was that his fault that he didn't throw more against Valley? He just ran the plays the coaches called. Burg was averaging around 25 pass attempts a game and for some reason the coaching staff got the brilliant idea of trying to establish the run game against Valley and it backfired. Burg is a PASSING TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to cut down on the INT's and they need to throw the short passes. With the game Austin May had against West, that now gives him 4 receivers capable of after the catch, taking it to the house. The short passes will open up the running game as the defense will always be thionking run first. Burg cannot open up the passing game with the run, not going to happen.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Scary game for the Pirates, Liberty Union seems to be peaking at the right time. They whipped on a pretty good West Jeff team and soundly defeated a tough team in Grandview. However, looking at their roster/stats they seems pretty small and one dimensional. Also, playing at Ed Miller is never easy especially after riding on a bus for 2 hours. This could go either way, Burg can not make the mistakes they did against West. This is playoff football, teams are not that far apart talent-wise, but Ill take burg 22-14.

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

SOC2 is a Beastly conference, 3 teams playing week 11, IMHO Pirates sail on to week 12 :-D

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Stu Pedasso wrote:SOC2 is a Beastly conference, 3 teams playing week 11, IMHO Pirates sail on to week 12 :-D
I want to agree with that statement, but until we can start getting over the hump and winning our respective regions (15 and 19), we can't classify ourselves as great conferences. We need to start getting the state level. With 5 teams in I think we have a good as shot as ever, but until we can't start beating the bad guys "up north" we will be good, but not great.

Return to “Football”