JV Chillicothe/Jackson 8-6

firecracker
Riding the Bench

JV Chillicothe/Jackson 8-6

Post by firecracker »

Got to see a JV game finally. All I can say is Jackson needs help on the offensive line. The QB was always getting sacked because of little if any blocking from the line. Bad snaps from the center, which caused a safety, and the QB threw a few interceptions. The kid has got some talent, just needs to mature more. Hopefully this QB will bring Jackson's passing game in the coming years. The defense held its ground pretty much all game, I seen one player that stood out and that was the middle LB #20. I don't know his name. From what I heard from the crowd, this crew never really practices together.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Re: JV Chillicothe/Jackson 8-6

Post by Charles Farquar »

I would think you would find very few teams across the State of Ohio whose JV teams get much work on their own. There just is not any time for it in practice. The JV kids are running everyone elses offense on the scout team all week. Most if their lucky get a walk thru on a Saturday morning. Thats why having a freshman team is so important. I really do believe that the freshman year is the first year kids really start to play the same game the varsity plays. Miss out on that freshman team and its not good.Junior High and Pee Wee are really not the same game. They really dont have to sustain blocks, if you watch the really young kids if the back is lucky they just kind of screen off the defenders. You have a kid that can throw it and one that can catch it. A big bruiser back that breaks tackles or runs with four defenders hanging on him. A fast kid to sweep, sweep and throw deep and finally some kind of deadly reverse play , your in business. If you watch kids at the freshman level and the teams they face , you start to see another type of game being played. The freshman have to block and sustain those blocks , they have to execute technique, they have to defend in the secondary, they start to read keys, they have to pick up blitzing What your talking about is not unique to Jackson if your implying that the JVs do not get to work together. Its that way in just about every program. No time for it during the week. Last thing the records of lower levels can be very deceiving, they can get away with a lot of mistakes they dont get away with on the varsity level, a lot of people do not understand that.

Return to “Football”