SOC II Player of the Year

RollTribe09
Waterboy

SOC II Player of the Year

Post by RollTribe09 »

With only a week left in the regular season, who get the nod this year?

Jesco White
S

Re: SOC II Player of the Year

Post by Jesco White »

There isn't a Player Of The Year Award. There's a Back Of The Year and a Lineman of the Year. I think the Lineman of the Year should be JJ Hettinger from Valley. I'm not sure on Back Of The Year. I think there are a few quality candidates.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I think Eddie Miller has to be in contention for Back Of The Year. His numbers have been very good in every SOC game, even in the loss to Valley.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Do they break it down between SOC I and II or just one for both?

Hettinger for Lineman and Miller for Back seem to be locks to me

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

lineman7 wrote:Do they break it down between SOC I and II or just one for both?

Hettinger for Lineman and Miller for Back seem to be locks to me
Each division of the conference gets their own two awards.

I could definitely see it being Hettinger and Miller in the SOC 2.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Back - Miller, Arnett (share)
Lineman - Hettinger
Coach - Crabtree

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This player has been doubted his ability to take his team to a 5-5 season this year and had to follow in the footsteps of one of the best QBs in Southern Ohio. He has played a major role in his team winning week after week and now sitting 9-0 and now going to the playoffs My vote is Will Howard as the back of the year......!!!!!!

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Here4Fun wrote:This player has been doubted his ability to take his team to a 5-5 season this year and had to follow in the footsteps of one of the best QBs in Southern Ohio. He has played a major role in his team winning week after week and now sitting 9-0 and now going to the playoffs My vote is Will Howard as the back of the year......!!!!!!
I agree I think the Howard and Miller should share.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

while stats dont tell the entire story IMO you should have stats to show you deserve the award :

from Burg's football site :

Eddie Miller

14 Rushing TD's nearly 90 yards a game , averages 6.6 a carry
23 passing TD's right at 200 yards a game . 2000 yards passing . only 11 INT's . 65% completions .
also returns punts, and kicks and has 1 INT on D .

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Eddie Miller has definitely had a fantastic year (and a record setting year as well), and I believe he is the most explosive player in the SOC 2 this year. I can also see where people would make a case for Will Howard from Valley, based as much on intangibles as much as stats. His leadership has been excellent and he has been steady, while taking good care of the football. On the line, I still can't see anyone other than JJ Hettinger from Valley in the SOC 2.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Back - Eddie Miller/Will Howard (share) (Burg/Valley)
Lineman - JJ Hettinger (Valley)
Coach - D. Crabtree (Valley)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Jesco White wrote:Eddie Miller has definitely had a fantastic year (and a record setting year as well), and I believe he is the most explosive player in the SOC 2 this year. I can also see where people would make a case for Will Howard from Valley, based as much on intangibles as much as stats. His leadership has been excellent and he has been steady, while taking good care of the football. On the line, I still can't see anyone other than JJ Hettinger from Valley in the SOC 2.
I can see either of those two or even Nate Arnett for back of the year, but if the Lineman of the Year is not JJ Hettinger, they should do away with the award all together. The "kid" (I use that term loosely-he is a monster) dominated week in and week out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Miller should. not share back of the year. Howard and arnett are benefits from a great line.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

I think clearly Hettinger wins the Lineman of the Year

I also think that Back of Year has to go to Miller. He is the most important player on his team and is the most athletically gifted player on the field every time he steps on the field.

Coach Crabtree should win COY pretty easily, with Minford's coach coming in second

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

wobycat wrote:Miller should. not share back of the year. Howard and arnett are benefits from a great line.
I agree with you that Miller should get back of the year. The only reason I think Howard or Arnett could share it with Miller is that they led their team to an SOCII title. It's the rest of your statement that doesn't make sense. Just because there is a great line in front means that they can't win the award. Sorry, but that's the worst logic ever.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

It takes a team for others to receive the individual award. The first people that these young men would thank are their teamates for helping them get the award. Miller had a nice line in front of him. But you logic says he shouldn't win either. Why don't we find the team with the worst line and give it to their back. Makes sense, right?

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

valley23 wrote:It takes a team for others to receive the individual award. The first people that these young men would thank are their teamates for helping them get the award. Miller had a nice line in front of him. But you logic says he shouldn't win either. Why don't we find the team with the worst line and give it to their back. Makes sense, right?

I don't believe Wheelersburg's line is anywhere near as strong as Valley's honestly. I am not saying Valley's backs are not talented and deserving, I just think Miller is clearly the best back.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

lineman7 wrote:
valley23 wrote:It takes a team for others to receive the individual award. The first people that these young men would thank are their teamates for helping them get the award. Miller had a nice line in front of him. But you logic says he shouldn't win either. Why don't we find the team with the worst line and give it to their back. Makes sense, right?

I don't believe Wheelersburg's line is anywhere near as strong as Valley's honestly. I am not saying Valley's backs are not talented and deserving, I just think Miller is clearly the best back.
I totally agree that Miller should receive that award. He should win it outright. Just think the only reason he would share is if they give it also to Howard/Arnett because they helped their team win the SOC. I also know that Valley's line is dominant but that shouldn't factor in the back of the year award. It's like telling a kid that the only reason your good is because you have a great line.
If the award is given by stats alone, no doubt about it, Miller wins. If they also factor in leading your team to an SOC championship, one of the two guys from Valley will share it.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Miller may have the stats --- Howard the leadership.
I do wish they had a player of the year. When you look at what Arnett does on both sides of the ball it is very impressive.
He has taken a beating this year at running back and line backer.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

dirt_cinders wrote:Miller may have the stats --- Howard the leadership.
I do wish they had a player of the year. When you look at what Arnett does on both sides of the ball it is very impressive.
He has taken a beating this year at running back and line backer.
Where did Howard go to school/play ball last year ?

Return to “Football”