All State

Eastern @ Doddridge County

Post by Super trooper »

Anybody know anything about Doddridge?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Eastern @ Doddridge County

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know they are (5-2) ... that's about it.

You never know about WV teams ... they could be 7-0 - but if they played in Ohio - they may only be a 3-4 team or something.

I do know Eastern NEEDS to win ... they need the win to stay in the playoff hunt, the Hocking Division needs any NON-CONFERENCE wins for added computer points ... the 8-game league schedule really hurts some of the teams in the Hocking - every non-league game by every Hocking team is important.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

93Bulldog wrote:I know they are (5-2) ... that's about it.

You never know about WV teams ... they could be 7-0 - but if they played in Ohio - they may only be a 3-4 team or something.

I do know Eastern NEEDS to win ... they need the win to stay in the playoff hunt, the Hocking Division needs any NON-CONFERENCE wins for added computer points ... the 8-game league schedule really hurts some of the teams in the Hocking - every non-league game by every Hocking team is important.
No the eight game league schedule helps any team in the Hocking or any league with playoff hopes. Last year 3 Hocking teams made the playoffs. That never happened when there were only 5 league games.

For this game, Eastern will win. Too much offense for Doddridge.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

They have a web site.Eagles better be ready to play or it will be a long ride home.Need win and second level points would be huge.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

93Bulldog wrote:I know they are (5-2) ... that's about it.

Wahama seems to be doing ok playing all these dominant ohio schools. I sure wish we could cheat them well enough to actually beat them. we tried reall hard this year and still fell short.

BTW.....the 8 game league schedule actually makes our chances of playing in playoffs more likely because we get better second level points in the harbin ratings system. C'mon.....do your homework.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern 21
Doddridge 14

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Good win for Eastern and the TVC Hocking.
I think if Eastern beats Federal Hocking and Southern they will get in to the playoffs. Was the last time 2001 when Coach Christman was there that the Eagles made the playoffs?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Yes sir.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Only time.Two years in a row.Played NC first year and Tomcats second.52 years of football and only 10 league titles.Two TVC and eight SVAC.First year 2000 playoffs hosted Newark Catholic and probably largest crowd to watch a game at Eastern.Congrats to Eagles last night for the win.Coach Tennant and his staff and players are doing a fine job.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Eastern at Federal Hocking will be broadcast on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

Return to “Football”