SEOPS Hippo

Re: week 7 River valley @ Dawson-Bryant

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

long night for da raider nation.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove should roll the Raiders about as badly as they did Rock Hill. Biggest game of the night in the OVC will be Chesapeake/Fairland. I don't know if either can compete with Coal Grove, but whoever wins will get at least 2nd place in the conference.
South Point and Rock Hill could be a matchup to determine which team gets their lone win of the year, although I think one or both will beat River Valley.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I wouldnt get too ahead of yourself Fuzz. If I remember correctly a few years ago a 1-9 RV team took the Grove to 2 OT before the Grove finally closed the deal.

Peake and Fairland could very well play the upset role over Grove this year. I have seen Fairland and they are not bad. Better than their record indicates. They ran into a buzzsaw vs Burg and of course Hartley really put it on them.

I think there is a possible upset along the way, but the Grove does have a great chance of winning out!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I wouldnt get too ahead of yourself Fuzz. If I remember correctly a few years ago a 1-9 RV team took the Grove to 2 OT before the Grove finally closed the deal.

Peake and Fairland could very well play the upset role over Grove this year. I have seen Fairland and they are not bad. Better than their record indicates. They ran into a buzzsaw vs Burg and of course Hartley really put it on them.

I think there is a possible upset along the way, but the Grove does have a great chance of winning out!
I think the Grove will win out with ease. They will name the score in this one.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have to say the Grove wins in a close one. I only say it will be close because it is Homecoming and if anything can go wrong it will during the Homecoming Game.

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

CG big. Expect Gunther to have another huge night. 150 plus total yards after being their go to guy last week. CG also wins out easily. They are definitely on the downhill side of their schedule.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

i guess the coal grove coaches can feel good again this week by running up the score against another atrocious team

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Badboy wrote:i guess the coal grove coaches can feel good again this week by running up the score against another atrocious team
You sound hurt. Its not Coal Grove coaching staffs job to stop Coal Grove. Its the opposing teams job. And just because the score ends up lopsided doesnt mean that its "running up the score". You cant expect a team to just lay down. And when coaches put in younger kids, they wont lay down either. They see it as their time to shine and they give 100%. If they dont want to see lopsided scores, they should give 100% for 4 quarters because all these kids want to play hard and prove themselves.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Halftime score: 56-0 CG
Final score (after they put the Freshmen and JV): 72-6

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Badboy wrote:i guess the coal grove coaches can feel good again this week by running up the score against another atrocious team
dont get many chances to be the bishop ready down here!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

dragonsfan24 wrote:Halftime score: 56-0 CG
Final score (after they put the Freshmen and JV): 72-6
It won't be that bad. Come on now.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

and what was the score last year when the powerful hornets played 1-9 rv?
chesapeake will beat fairland, chesapeake has played a brutal schedule fairland has beat no one

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Badboy,
What are you talking about? CG pulled their st arters early against RH. Their freshmen got lots of playing time.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Score?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Coal Grove 53
River Valley 14

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

This game was actually pretty competitive most of the 1st half,score was tied at 14.
Coal Grove went up 21-14 with around 4 mins to play, RV Whobrey hit Austin Brabley for about 40 yard strike over the middle only for him to be stripped of the ball and seemed all the air left the RV momentum.
Coal Grove clearly the more physical better ball team!
What was evident every time you visit Coal Grove the officiating was horrible! Same old Lawrence County/Coal Grove refs making calls on every play that he opponent makes a big gainer RV had at least 5 plays called back that were huge gains!
Ref swallowed his whistle on the first RV drive when Davies was mugged in the end zone on a pass play would have put RV at the 9yd line if the pass interference was called. Coach Sparling got the double unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on that one.

Not whining! Just why do the Coal Grove refs have to give them such an advantage when it's not needed,it's High School kids your cheating! Been like that for years in Football and Basketball!

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Rvbballdude wrote: Coach Sparling got the double unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on that one.
Sparling was ejected?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I'm a CG fan and I have never seen these refs before

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

yep the refs made the difference in this game. at 53-14 with 11 minutes left in game grove pulled their starters, but the refs cost river valley. after the tie cg physically whipped the raiders the rest of the game, many players injured for river valley. river valley was running their mouths alot you could hear it in the stands, refs had no choice but to call penalties, on coaches and players.

Return to “Football”