Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

coop
SEOPS

Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Post by coop »

Valley heads over to the West Side this week to take on what seems to be a struggling West squad. This is the perfect storm for West to rally the troops so-to-speak and try to spoil the perfect record for the Indians.

Valley needs to remain focused and go over there as if West is also 6-0 and play hard for 4 full quarters and pick up a win.

Thoughts?

Valley 34

West 18

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Re: Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Post by B-dawg79 »

Valley wins 48-21

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

Have not seen Valley play this year, but I know that West has a growing program & after last night was somewhat impressed with their defense and as being 6-0 like Minford both teams have targets on their backs. I believe it would make any team's season to hand someone their first loss. IMO , this will be a closer game than anyone expects, just my opinion . :12224

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Valley @ West @ the Rock will be a battle , dont care what the records are as past games between these schools have indicated . I look for a hard hitting contest and a very close game ! Good luck to both and hope for an injury free game !

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

As a Valley fan, I like our defense going up against West's offense. After getting a chance to see their young Soph QB, I agree with some of the things they told me about him going into the Minford game, in terms of his upside. But, I also feel like Valley's defense is going to get similar pressure on him when he drops back. I also like Valley's DL/LB's in the ground game, although I saw some things from West last night that could be dangerous for the Indians. Overall, the Irwin kid gives them a heck of a lot more balance offensively.

On the other side of the ball, I think Valley will have to earn every yard they get. West's defense isn't going to simply lay down! Those kids kept battling last night, just as that school's football program has been known to battle for 50+ years. I would really like to see Valley move the ball some through the air to keep the West D honest.

All in all, I'm very confident in the Indians chances in this contest, but with league play, records are irrelevant. I think it has the potential to be a very good ball game!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think Valley will come out on top in this one but they will earn every yard West always playes us hard I would have like to seen them beat minford. They seem to be getting better every week Valley 35 West 14

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

If West wants to WIN this contest........PASSING is a must, 9 of 10 plays has to be a pass! Valley is too stingy against the run,and also has one heck of a pass rush defense from the ends IMO. We will see if the Valley secondary is up for the challenge this week as they showed some signs of light Friday against Waverly's very good QB. This game will be your usual slobbernockner SOC 2 game @ "THE ROCK" as West will be playing for some pride! I feel though Valley will be victorious in this match by 3 scores ..... :aaaaa4

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Irwin will keep getting better, the kid through 3 or 4 great balls, one was a 20 yard some back route, and it was on time and accurate while on the run.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

West with the UPSET!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I wouldnt be surprised to see West pull off the upset but I also wouldnt be surprised to see Valley win by 3TD's. Anything can happen.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I look West to compete in this game. Valleyhas put up some good numbers, but alot of that is the product of a very weak schedule. I think West showed last night that they are capable of playing with anyone. Just have to quit killing drives with mistakes. We don't need to throw every down. We just have to keep mixing it up. Keep getting Kouns, Frye, and, Bricker the ball in space. Then hit Crace with the dives.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

It's going to be a typical West/Valley game, nothing more or nothing less. Valley has beaten the Senators when the Senators were overwhelming favorites, according to the experts on this site. I'm sure they would love to return the favor. I hope the Indians win but we are kidding ourselves if we think we can waltz over to West Portsmouth and expect the Senators to lay down. As far as weak schedules and all of that..........It's not as though the "weak" games were close. Most of the contest were over at the half. The kids enjoying the success this year got baptized last year everyday at practice. The same can be said for the other outstanding programs in the area. Sometimes teams respond and sometimes they don't. That's football. This game will be decided by 7 or less and the team with the less mistakes (penalites, turnovers, blown coverages, etc...) will win., IMO.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

siderman wrote:I look West to compete in this game. Valleyhas put up some good numbers, but alot of that is the product of a very weak schedule. I think West showed last night that they are capable of playing with anyone. Just have to quit killing drives with mistakes. We don't need to throw every down. We just have to keep mixing it up. Keep getting Kouns, Frye, and, Bricker the ball in space. Then hit Crace with the dives.
Hasn't West played a nearly identical schedule?

I think West will be in this game and keep things interesting until the 4th... I just think Valley's explosive run game, coupled with West's lack of explosiveness will be the difference. Valley and West have similar strengths, but Valley is better at them. They are able to rip off big chunks in the run game and the defensive line has been very stout. Unless West can force a few turnovers or make big plays in the passing game, I can't see them being able to keep up in this one.

Valley 27
West 13

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bo_Diaz wrote:Hasn't West played a nearly identical schedule?
No they haven't. Chillicothe and Minford are both better than anyone Valley has played.

But that wasn't my point anyway.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

siderman wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote:Hasn't West played a nearly identical schedule?
No they haven't. Chillicothe and Minford are both better than anyone Valley has played.

But that wasn't my point anyway.
Yeah. Chillicothe are real world beaters. They have won all of 1 game and that was West. And as far as Minford, we'll get that pleasure in week 10. It is yet to be seen but Coal Grove is probably better than any team West has played except for Minford. The previous opponents on our schedule haven't helped us out or theirselves much. But we haven't had much trouble with anyone yet either. Our biggest problem all year has been ourselves with penalties. We are our own worst enemy and we have yet to play a perfect game. Hopefully we'll start hitting on all cylinders sometime soon. I believe we are still making a few tuneups. Don't really have a feel for this game yet, still too early in the week by IMO Valley will dominate both the O-line and D-line as they have all year. This has really been the strength and the surprise of this Valley team this year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

This schedule crap is SO old...good lord.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

chicken_coop wrote:This schedule crap is SO old...good lord.
I agree. Schools can only beat who's on the schedule. Unless someone wants to drive at least an hour away there's not a lot of options for SOC II teams to schedule tough non-conference games.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

It doesnt matter who is on are schedule in the non-conference games I just think the other soc II teams need to worry about who they are playing week to week Valley has crushed almost everybody they have played so far. So saying Valley has played nobody means nothing. This group of young men is out to prove something and there is alot of talent there they have had a taste of the playoffs and want more that makes them a threat to everybody they play Valley plays the schedule they have been given thats all they can do.IMO when the dust clears they very well my be 10-0 two years in a row.....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IRONFALCON wrote:
I agree. Schools can only beat who's on the schedule. Unless someone wants to drive at least an hour away there's not a lot of options for SOC II teams to schedule tough non-conference games.
Jackson, ironton, Ashland, gallia academy consistently put good teams on the field

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

fbnut wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:
Jackson, ironton, Ashland, gallia academy consistently put good teams on the field
Maybe next season Valley can add some of these or a few others with the possibilty of having (maybe) 3 vacancies on their schd. (Rock Hill, South Point and Northwest)as the current contracts expire this season. The rumor has it that Northwest is only leaving Minford on as the only SOC 2 team on their schd. next season. So moving on to play some others could be a good thing!!!!! :122246

Return to “Football”