Week 4: Chesapeake @ Valley

coop
SEOPS

Week 4: Chesapeake @ Valley

Post by coop »

I'm not sure on the details, Peake is supposed to be the home team, but I know they cant have any home games with facility issues, so I THINK the game is @ Valley?

Either way,Indians need to COME TO PLAY! No letdowns...Peake got a BIG confidence boosting win against a GOOD Symmes Valley team, so they will come to play.

Should be a cmpetitive ballgame.

Valley 34

Peake 16

blue53
All State

Re: Week 4: Chesapeake @ Valley

Post by blue53 »

I agree, we can't over look peake. I hope to see Valley get out to a good comfortable lead and start working on the passing game a little.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Should be a good game. I think valley is still to big and fast tho. I have been asked so many times what the protocol is for this game since we are the away team. We sit on the away side right? This is going to be crazy since not that many from Chesapeake makes the drive down.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

izladoom wrote:Should be a good game. I think valley is still to big and fast tho. I have been asked so many times what the protocol is for this game since we are the away team. We sit on the away side right? This is going to be crazy since not that many from Chesapeake makes the drive down.
No. We sit on home side because peake will not have enough people there to come close to filling away seats up. I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem if they came and sat with is on the home side though. Valley will have too many fans to just hand over home stands. The only thing that will be different will be that Valley will be wearing their white jerseys

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

per the valley AD .......Chesapeake gets the gate.... we ( Valley ) get concessions....and is Chesapeake getting turf or grass and what all is being built or redone to their facilities I havent really heard but glad they get to do it

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Heard they are getting turf but they keep rejecting the bids saying they are too high

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think Valley will get to play alot of their jv this week in the 2nd half coming off of a big win they will keep things rolling....

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Sure hope Peake wins this!

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

I'm think'n #12 for Valley will be putt'n up some big PASSING YRDS. Friday nite. It's time to showcase the arm strenght and gett'n ready for the stretch run. Valley wins ........ BIG!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think we will put up big yards but I think they would want to work on it to get those 8-10 guys out of the box. Give the soc something besides the run to worry about and practice against. We will not go anywhere if we are not balanced. One dimensional teams are a thing of the past. It takes balance to win in the playoffs unless you are just that much more talented.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i think valley goes undefeated this year , i really do.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I think YTB has bumped his head, I really do

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Now the serious stuff. This will be a good chance for Valley to rest some players with minor dings. Also a good time to get the young players some varsity PT. Could be ugly but not too bad for previously stated reasons

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I don't know about going undefeated. My guess is we loose to burg and prob miss the playoffs. With are sched I don't see us making it with a loss. We really need to get these 0-10 or 1 win teams off are schedual.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

izladoom wrote:I don't know about going undefeated. My guess is we loose to burg and prob miss the playoffs. With are sched I don't see us making it with a loss. We really need to get these 0-10 or 1 win teams off are schedual.
We won't miss with a loss. You have to remember that all of the OVC teams we play have to play each other. Those are automatic point games for us, assuming we handle our business the next two weeks. Plus, all of our league teams play each other, again there are some points to be had regardless of outcome as long as we handle our business. There's a very strong chance the SOC II will get 3 teams into the playoffs (Minford, Burg and Valley) with Minford being D-4 and the other two being D-5, as long as all 3 teams stay healthy and win their other 8 games aside from their match-ups with each other (obviously Burg has to win their other 7 games with the close loss to Ironton).

I'm looking forward to an exciting finish in the SOC race the last couple of weeks of the season, and this game with the Peake is an obvious chance to further develope some balance and depth, as others have mentioned. But, I guarantee Peake won't just come to town and lay down. They'll come in hungry for a win, following their win over another strong ground attack at Symmes Valley (although I believe Valley is at a different level than the Vikings and thus it'll be a MUCH stiffer challenge for the Panthers).

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I sure hope that the Panther players have seen this and know Valley and their fans are totally overlooking them! Chesapeake just beat a very good SV team and you think this will be a good chance for LV to rest their players? Seriously if Chesapeake comes out ready to play like they did against Symmes Valley with some Senior leadership look for this one to be a pretty good game! Remember last year when LV thought Chesapeake was a little better but they would still walk and Chesapeake had the ball and was driving when time ran out and lost by 8? I have seen valley play this year, imo they are not world beaters? They will see the best RB and WR so far on their scheduled. Valleys line has good size and are strong, the QB has good speed but is no Blake Yates, they have a nice rotation of RB but no Luke Keller on the outside quick WR but none as big as Dwyer. Now, Valley is good but they are also BEATABLE!!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Valley

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

dime-a-dozen wrote:I sure hope that the Panther players have seen this and know Valley and their fans are totally overlooking them! Chesapeake just beat a very good SV team and you think this will be a good chance for LV to rest their players? Seriously if Chesapeake comes out ready to play like they did against Symmes Valley with some Senior leadership look for this one to be a pretty good game! Remember last year when LV thought Chesapeake was a little better but they would still walk and Chesapeake had the ball and was driving when time ran out and lost by 8? I have seen valley play this year, imo they are not world beaters? They will see the best RB and WR so far on their scheduled. Valleys line has good size and are strong, the QB has good speed but is no Blake Yates, they have a nice rotation of RB but no Luke Keller on the outside quick WR but none as big as Dwyer. Now, Valley is good but they are also BEATABLE!!!!
Everyone is beatable and i can guarentee Valley is not overlooking Peake. Yes, they think they can win, but that is not being disrespectful or cocky. They have confidence in each other that they can win every game. And as far as our QB. You're right. He is not as fast as Yates and no one ever said he has blazing speed, but he is alot bigger and alot more physical than Yates was. He is not afraid to take on a linebacker 1 on 1. And usually will win a 1 on 1 battle. His size has helped him gain extra yards after first contact. And our stable RBs are more than capable of carrying the load and could start anywhere. I think Cheasapeake will be a very fundamentally strong team as usual and good tacklers, but I believe Valley will beat them down and win by 3 scores.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

dime-a-dozen wrote:I sure hope that the Panther players have seen this and know Valley and their fans are totally overlooking them! Chesapeake just beat a very good SV team and you think this will be a good chance for LV to rest their players? Seriously if Chesapeake comes out ready to play like they did against Symmes Valley with some Senior leadership look for this one to be a pretty good game! Remember last year when LV thought Chesapeake was a little better but they would still walk and Chesapeake had the ball and was driving when time ran out and lost by 8? I have seen valley play this year, imo they are not world beaters? They will see the best RB and WR so far on their scheduled. Valleys line has good size and are strong, the QB has good speed but is no Blake Yates, they have a nice rotation of RB but no Luke Keller on the outside quick WR but none as big as Dwyer. Now, Valley is good but they are also BEATABLE!!!!
Which Valley PLAYER (not fan, but actual PLAYER) have you heard or read say they are overlooking Chesapeake? Don't worry I'll wait on your response...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The games arent won on the message boards. I dont see Peake playing a close game against Valley, but no doubt both coaches will have their teams thinking they are going up against the New York Giants.

Return to “Football”