Portsmouth West @ Chillicothe

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Portsmouth West @ Chillicothe

Post by SiderGuy12 »

Don't know a whole lot abouth Chillicothe, but how is west going to respond after these past two weeks?

Buckeye24
Varsity

Re: Portsmouth West @ Chillicothe

Post by Buckeye24 »

An 0-3 start would all but eliminate them from postseason contention. Hopefully they can go out there, get a W, and start a winning streak.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Both coming in 0-2, but I think i'm going with the big school @ home.

Cavs 42
West 14

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

It just keeps getting tougher for west. This game all but eliminates west from the postseason. Cave big

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Chillicothe

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chillicothe lost its first 2 games to bigger and better programs, but this Chilli team is much improved from last year. Last year this game would have ended with West winning big.

I hope West can turn it around, but I think Chilli is just too much. I expect Chilli to win by 10 at home.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Chilli hanged tough with a good Big Walnut team. I think Coach Hinton will have the Cavs ready this week.. Chillicothe by 12

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Cavs 35=21 West just don't have enough to win and a 0-3 start may just break this proud team

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Im going with the West Siders here

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

What kind of offense is Chillicothe? Spread or power running?

Our defense against Portsmouth looked alot better, especially in the second half. Basically platooning with the younger kids. Most of the game had 8 or 9 underclassmen on the field. Against a team with the athletes that Portsmouth had,only giving up 21 points shows alot of potential. By SOC time our defense will be fine.

Offensively we need to get healthy. Our offensive line was thought to be the strength of the team coming into the season. But injuries to Reynolds and Scott has made it a weakness. If we can find a way to put 21 or so on the board we will be in every game we play from here on out

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Think they are more of a running team. Good Luck West! Refuse to lose!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

When's the last time a Weat team went 0-3?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:When's the last time a Weat team went 0-3?
Don't know maybe sometime in the 90's
Hate to say it have to go with Chillicothe. It takes a heck of a d-5 team to beat even a mediocre d-2 team, and we are not a very good team as of right now, i truely think we have the talent to win this game but right now we don't seem to have the chemistry. Last years team had some great players but I think their strongest assest was team chemistry which i think is very important. I know the coaching staff are scrambling around trying to get the right kids in the right spot. Last week we started with almost a completly different d-fense as in week one and had kids at different spots on offense as well. I would say it will be the same this week also, as some younger kids have step up and played pretty well and earn some playing time.

Silver Bulletz 1
Waterboy

Post by Silver Bulletz 1 »

West is clearly a young team with all of the underclassmen on the field against Portsmouth. They need to strap up this week and worry about playing their best possible game against Chillicothe and see what happens. No matter what, the entire SOC season lies ahead.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

I have to stay true to my siders. I know chilli is a d-II team but I'm hoping west can pull it together and win their first game of the season. They have the talent, right now they just need a positive mindset and focus on this week

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:When's the last time a Weat team went 0-3?
Maybe 1999 when the team that went to state were all freshmen? I know for sure that they went 0-6 in 1994. Those two seasons were the worst in school history, 2-8. Honestly, I think West has only had around 10-12 losing seasons since the football has existed, most of those coming in the 1990s in which we only had 3 winning.

Nevertheless, I really want to say that West finally gets it together, comes out, plays to their full potiental, and gives Chillicothe a big dose of West side power-football. But, its all going to come down to if we can hold onto the football or not. If can keep Chilly and their speed off of the field, we can win. However, we couldn't do this with Portsmouth and I will assume Chilly is superior to Portsmouth. If we can come out and play a near perfect, intense ball game, we will win. Anything less will lead to an unthinkable 0-3 start.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Silver Bulletz 1 wrote:West is clearly a young team with all of the underclassmen on the field against Portsmouth. They need to strap up this week and worry about playing their best possible game against Chillicothe and see what happens. No matter what, the entire SOC season lies ahead.
We arent as young as one would think. We have 9 seniors, 8 of which had significant playing time last year or started. In addition we have 11 Juniors, 3 of which received significant playing time. Whats hurt us the most is that we lost all of our playmakers at once...we just need a couple of guys to step and decide they are going to win the game for us.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Im pulling for a West Side victory. We need a win this week, starting 0-3 would be tough to come back from for any team especially one struggling to find their identity. Good luck to the boys in Orange and Black this week make us proud!!! Remeber the West Side is behind you 100%.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

A win cures all that ails! I wish the Senators the best this Friday!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

hoping West pulls off a win. but even if they don't they can still be a force come SOC time. i understood only three seniors got significant playing time last year. they had one of those three down in the Fairland game and isn't back yet. any word on when he will return if at all? West has suffered from fumblitis both games so far. they need to hold on to the football. 6 fumbles in one game is crazy.

Return to “Football”