WEEK 1 PLAYER OF THE WEEK

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

WEEK 1 PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Make your picks monday thru thursday and friday I will post the winner.

I vote for Justin Craiger East QB had 18 carries for 355 yards and 5 touchdowns against South Gallia.

Gecko
Varsity

Re: WEEK 1 PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Post by Gecko »

Konner Standley Trimble
had 33 carries for 180 and 3 TD's.
on defense had 18 tackles 2 tackle for loss and 1 pass break up
all in a win over nelsonville and a quality nelsonville defense.
Trimble 21
NY 14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gecko wrote:Konner Standley Trimble
had 33 carries for 180 and 3 TD's.
on defense had 18 tackles 2 tackle for loss and 1 pass break up
all in a win over nelsonville and a quality nelsonville defense.
Trimble 21
NY 14

I agree completely! Stanley is my pick also!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Craiger averaged almost 20 yards per carry to Standley's 5.5 ypc and Craiger had 2 more TD's. Not taking anything away from the kid from Trimble, but these stats arent even comparable!

Craiger all the way.

OSU_Nut
Waterboy

Post by OSU_Nut »

Bleeding Red wrote:Craiger averaged almost 20 yards per carry to Standley's 5.5 ypc and Craiger had 2 more TD's. Not taking anything away from the kid from Trimble, but these stats arent even comparable!

Craiger all the way.
I agree 100%! As for on the defensive side, I don't know exactly how many tackles/sacks that Crager had but I know that he had similiar defensive numbers as the young man from Trimble.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

NY's Defense vs South Gallia's Defense. I watched Coal Grove's JV move the ball on S.G. starting defense.
Not to take anything away from the kid but you have to know NY would beat S.G. 150-0.
Sounds like both kids had great games but know the competition. I'll go with Standley easy.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

I am not from either school so there is no partiality....

Craeger hands down! Those stats are crazy. I don't care if you played a pee wee team :)

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

hard to argue with those.....IMPRESSIVE........5 td's and over 20 yards a carry.......no matter who you did it too......he's got my vote

OSU_Nut
Waterboy

Post by OSU_Nut »

gecko wrote:NY's Defense vs South Gallia's Defense. I watched Coal Grove's JV move the ball on S.G. starting defense.
Not to take anything away from the kid but you have to know NY would beat S.G. 150-0.
Sounds like both kids had great games but know the competition. I'll go with Standley easy.
Point taken, however it's "Player of the week" not "Player of the week (that played against a better team than any other)".

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

gecko wrote:NY's Defense vs South Gallia's Defense. I watched Coal Grove's JV move the ball on S.G. starting defense.

Would they? Cause right now NY is 0-1. East is 1-0. I saw NY fans talk alot of smack and then turn to their table full of crow. If you want to talk about the program's previous success, I will go with NY hands down. But looking at this year, those are the numbers.

And I wouldnt call either a "good" defense if they gave up 180 and 355 yards to single players.

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

Craiger is a good Back, BUT I think either you or the paper has a typo. The paper listed him as 38 carries. NOT 18. I would say he had 38 because the other kids had maybe 5 at the most. :122249

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black&Orange23 wrote:Craiger is a good Back, BUT I think either you or the paper has a typo. The paper listed him as 38 carries. NOT 18. I would say he had 38 because the other kids had maybe 5 at the most. :122249
So he had double the yardage on 5 more carries?????

No comparison!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I will go with Crager. I do think that was 38 carries that I seen in the paper.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How about Wheelersburgs Eddie Miller who completed 29-31 passes for 218 yards with 1 TD passing and 3 TD's rushing against Ironton huge defense.

That's pretty impressive to me.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

There was lots of good players this week but anytime you put up over 300 yards and 5 tds that's something that has to win. Millers game was against a tough opponent but was in a loss and it's not that impressive if you complete 29 passes for only 218 yards that's only 7.5 a completion

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Our newspaper had 29 of 31 but I think it was 21 of 31 for 218 is what I heard on the radio. Its was still a great performance. But 38 carries for 355 and 5tds is hard to beat.

Buckeye Backer
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Backer »

I have to agree with Gecko for the exact reasons he listed. Konner Standley played like a man among boys Friday night. Being there to see it was very impressive. NY just couldn't stop him on either side of the ball. He also played on special teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just let the stats do the talking and its easy to see who the player of the week should be. Crager!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

It was 38 carries so I stand corrected, but I got the info from some where else. Its still a great performance. I didnt have his defensive stats but I know he playes both ways..

white bread
Waterboy

Post by white bread »

Standley no doubt takes it this week! When was the last time south gallia won a game?

Return to “Football”