(1-0) Licking Heights @ (1-0) Gallia Academy

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

bluedevil
JV Team

(1-0) Licking Heights @ (1-0) Gallia Academy

Post by bluedevil »

licking heights is coming off a 13-12 win over watkins memorial, while gallia academy won over athens 52-34 in which the blue devils defense was shakey in the first half but made adjustments in the 2nd half while the devil offense amassed 517 yards(197 passing and 320 yards rushing) ....thoughts ?

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Week 2 licking heights (1-0)@ Gallia Academy (1-0)

Post by jottings »

Don't forget the hog roast on the old Memorial Field softball diamond Friday from 4:30 to 6 something. Six bucks. Proceeds go toward the new GAHS football stadoum.

This will be only the second meeting between GAHS and Licking Hts. GAHS won up there last year, 17-7. Should be another dandy game for the Devils home opener.

People got their money's worth at Athens Friday night. After the outstanding game, the OU band performed for fans before they left the stadium.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

bluedevil wrote:licking heights is coming off a 13-12 win over watkins memorial, while gallia academy won over athens 52-34 in which the blue devils defense was shakey in the first half but made adjustments in the 2nd half while the devil offense amassed 517 yards(197 passing and 320 yards rushing) ....thoughts ?
Licking is a solid team! lost a couple Sr's but return almost everyone from a good team from last year,I hope the Blue Devils pull it out,don't expect them to be overwhelmed like Athens was, prepare like they is no tomorrow and get the win!
Good Luck Coach McClellan keep that offense evolving don't get predictable!!

Go Devils!

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Last year at LH our defensive line totally stuffed the hornets on their first offensive possesion. That set the tone for the game. Will this years team be able to control the line of scrimmage? I am hoping we start the game with the same attitude we had last year.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

We are definitely going to have to pick up the intensity on defense . We looked a little slow to react in the first half against Athens . Pass d needs to tighten up and make a few plays that they didn't Friday I believe licking spreads the O so we will need to make some plays !
Will definitely be in the stands after a good time at the DevilTown Pregame Pigfest . !!

seoal83
Freshman Team

Re: (1-0) Licking Heights @ (1-0) Gallia Academy

Post by seoal83 »

Licking heights scored all 13 of their points in the 4th quarter. last touchdown was with like 8 seconds left. Last year Watkins beat them by like 30 points. It is my understanding they have went back away from the spread this year and are running a lot more power formations. My understanding they had several penalties and turnovers in game. it is my understanding they were inside of Watkins 30 yard line 6 times in 1st 3 quarters and came away with zero points. it is my understanding that they have several 3rd year starters and are expecting big things.

I expect a much different game then last week. i would expect the pace of the game to be much slower. Their will not be as many possessions so each possession will become more important. This will be a test to see how gallia will handle a power team. I like the devils in a close game. sort of like last week. 24-21 or 21-17.

if they win this game this will become 2 quality wins to start the season and 2 wins that should give them a lot of computer points. A win here and the season is really off to a good start. to me there were 5 games that could go either way. you win the first 2 of them and then i think it opens you up for a shot at a very good year.

i think this may be one of the toughest 2 tests of the season.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

dewdrinker wrote:We are definitely going to have to pick up the intensity on defense . We looked a little slow to react in the first half against Athens . Pass d needs to tighten up and make a few plays that they didn't Friday I believe licking spreads the O so we will need to make some plays !
Will definitely be in the stands after a good time at the DevilTown Pregame Pigfest . !!
if a team is willing to be patient and will throw bubble screens against gallipolis,they can have success the d line did not react well to athens passing game,i thought the half time adjustments were solid and athens looked like a young team
licking according to all previews is a sr heavy group with good athletes
i think the blue devils win this one as lee corso says .......close tho

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

LH IMO

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Hornets to bring veteran team to Gallipolis Friday

Licking Heights, a member of the Mid-State Cardinal League, will make the long trip to Gallipolis’ Memorial Field Friday for the Gallia Academy Blue Devils home football opener. Kickoff time is 7:30 p.m.

Prior the kickoff, GAHS Boosters will sponsor a hog roast on the old Memorial Field softball diamond next to the parking lot. Tickets for the roast are $6. Proceeds will go toward the new football stadium in Centenary.

Darren Walton coaches the Hornets, now in his eighth year at the Licking County school. His career record at the school is 47 wins and 35 defeats. Last year, the Hornets finished the season at 5-5. LHHS finished fourth in the Mid-State Cardinal League with a 4-3 record. This will be the second meeting between the two schools.

Top Hornet returnees this fall are: Ron Dawson, 6-1, 215-pound senior running back-defensive back, Taylor Curtiss, 5-11, 175-pound senior quarterback-linebacker, Steve Clum, 6-3, 2150-pound senior center-defensive end, Josh Ausberry, 6-1, 210-pound senior running back-defensive end and Jake Foley, 5-11, 150-pound senior wing right and defensive back.

Dawson, an Ohio State University baseball commitment, is a versatile athlete and is a difference maker on both offense and defense. Licking Heights is the largest school in its league and will have plenty of depth.

Licking Heights will have size up front and athleticism at the skill positions.

Dawson said the Hornets should be able to run the ball successfully this fall, but added the Hornets must be effective in stopping the run.

Last Friday, the Hornets edged Watkins Memorial 13-12, scoring the winning TD in the final seconds of play. However, the Hornets threatened to score on several other occasions, but was stopped short by Memorial. Is was a complete turn-around by the Hornets, who lost 30-0 to Memorial last year,

In last years GAHS-Licking Heights game at Licking Heights, GAHS won 17-7. The Blue Devils had 13 first downs to Licking Heights nine, 222 total yards to the Hornets 231. GAHS completed six of nine passes for 71 yards. LHHS completed five of 18 for 76 yards. Gallipolis ran 62 plays from scrimmage in 2011. Licking Heights ran 42 plays.

Note--Granville, who will play Southeastern League member Jackson at Jackson on Saturday, Sept. 8, is a member of the Mid-State League, Ohio Division. Granville finished 9-1 last year and Jackson wound up 11-1. Granville is expected to win its league this fall. Jackson has been picked No. One again this year by southern Ohio sportswriters and radio-TV-broadcasters to win its third straight SEOAL title.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

seoal83 wrote:Licking heights scored all 13 of their points in the 4th quarter. last touchdown was with like 8 seconds left. Last year Watkins beat them by like 30 points. It is my understanding they have went back away from the spread this year and are running a lot more power formations. My understanding they had several penalties and turnovers in game. it is my understanding they were inside of Watkins 30 yard line 6 times in 1st 3 quarters and came away with zero points. it is my understanding that they have several 3rd year starters and are expecting big things.

I expect a much different game then last week. i would expect the pace of the game to be much slower. Their will not be as many possessions so each possession will become more important. This will be a test to see how gallia will handle a power team. I like the devils in a close game. sort of like last week. 24-21 or 21-17.

if they win this game this will become 2 quality wins to start the season and 2 wins that should give them a lot of computer points. A win here and the season is really off to a good start. to me there were 5 games that could go either way. you win the first 2 of them and then i think it opens you up for a shot at a very good year.

After they saw us against athens they may put it back in. I think we responded well the second half tho. I hope we can stuff their running game from the start and I think we will respond better to the pass.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Gallia by 2 tds

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

I think the dawson kid got hurt in one of the scrimmages and is now out for the football season. protecting his baseball future.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Here's Friday's games of GAHS opponents:
Ironton at Russell, Ky.
Athens at Watkins Memorial
Portsmouth at Portsmouth West
Marietta at Warren Local
Piketon at Vinton County
Big Walnut at Chillicothe
North;and at Logan
Jackson at Waverly

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to The Gallia Academy Blue Devils!!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

GOOD LUCK Blue Devils!

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Good Luck Devils, would love to see two undefeated teams in week 10 but I know it'e a long season and anything can happen.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

dewdrinker wrote:
seoal83 wrote:Licking heights scored all 13 of their points in the 4th quarter. last touchdown was with like 8 seconds left. Last year Watkins beat them by like 30 points. It is my understanding they have went back away from the spread this year and are running a lot more power formations. My understanding they had several penalties and turnovers in game. it is my understanding they were inside of Watkins 30 yard line 6 times in 1st 3 quarters and came away with zero points. it is my understanding that they have several 3rd year starters and are expecting big things.

After they saw us against athens they may put it back in. I think we responded well the second half tho. I hope we can stuff their running game from the start and I think we will respond better to the pass.
dew your showing your lack of football knowledge! teams don't change from week to week and the athens game meant nothing,i worry more about a slugfest and a low scoring game than a shootout, don't expect us to score big every week or against licking imho this game is going to be low scoring ball control type of game. toughest team wins

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

good luck blue devils hope that both teams come out of the game realitivley healthy.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

licking heights pounds gallia academy 21-7 game was not nearly as close as the score our size killed us on defense
What was everyones take on the play calling??

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Bevo wrote:licking heights pounds gallia academy 21-7 game was not nearly as close as the score our size killed us on defense
What was everyones take on the play calling??
We run the Quarterback draw a little to often....LOL.... One missed tackle lead to ther first TD before halftime, then we punt and they break it for a big gain which leads to another TD.... Our special teams are horrible, esp our punting..... I will leave the play calling issue to the experts.....

Return to “Football”